Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

13 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

Got ejected for what should have been just a technical.

Saw the replay just now. you're right. that was a weak weak ejection.

6 hours ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Saw the replay just now. you're right. that was a weak weak ejection.

The NBA gets softer every year. Oh well, at least it happened with not too much time left in the game.

1 hour ago, VelvetMerkin said:

gah.. the turnovers

Gah the 1 11pts 4 rebs 5 dimes 1 blk and consistent 7th-8th round value from a waiver guy. I never care about to's and do well, punt em. 

Adding this guy to the long list of WW pickups I dropped and then got better than the ones I picked up. List includes: McConnell, Terrence Jones, Will Barton.

It's really exciting owning this dude.

He literally does everything, so u never know what your gonna get on any given night. Some night he'll board...other he'll dish out 12 dimes/swish treys. Stocks r consistent though. Creeping up on top WW pick up list here...

MRW I own James Johnson and I'm playing the dude who dropped him after his mini slump --

Rr6o2TX.gif

This seems to be a fragile situation. Waiters and Josh Richardson will also cut into the time with the ball in his hands. But I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. Always seems to produce defensive stats

Edited by justincredibl88

What is his outlook next season.?? Such a joy to own, in keeper leagues is he worth keeping for another year ?? 

JJ is a great player. Do you guys remember a few years back when he was purely a stocks stud that never got consistent run? It's impressive that he's hung in there and developed more elements of his game. Look at him now!!!!

7 hours ago, chud12 said:

What is his outlook next season.?? Such a joy to own, in keeper leagues is he worth keeping for another year ?? 

There's a reason he's bounced around the league and he's never stuck with a team for essentially his entire career.  He's always had the talent and the athleticism but he's been insanely inconsistent with both his effort and allegedly his professionalism.  Toronto and Memphis are two teams who absolutely could have used a SF/PF who can play both ways and create for others but both teams passed.  Why?  

Call me cynical but this absolutely reeks of a contract year special.  A player having a career year at age 30 is pretty rare and even more so for someone that's bounced around the league as much as he has.  For what it's worth I don't have it in for Johnson, I really wanted him to work out with both the Raps and the Grizzlies and maybe he's finally found a situation that's clicked with Spo and the Heat which is cool.  He seems like a chill guy.  I'd be scared about betting on this type of production lasting beyond this season though.  If anything I think that as soon as he gets paid this offseason his inconsistency will come back in full force, especially if he goes to a team where his minutes might not be guaranteed. 

9 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

There's a reason he's bounced around the league and he's never stuck with a team for essentially his entire career.  He's always had the talent and the athleticism but he's been insanely inconsistent with both his effort and allegedly his professionalism.  Toronto and Memphis are two teams who absolutely could have used a SF/PF who can play both ways and create for others but both teams passed.  Why?  

Call me cynical but this absolutely reeks of a contract year special.  A player having a career year at age 30 is pretty rare and even more so for someone that's bounced around the league as much as he has.  For what it's worth I don't have it in for Johnson, I really wanted him to work out with both the Raps and the Grizzlies and maybe he's finally found a situation that's clicked with Spo and the Heat which is cool.  He seems like a chill guy.  I'd be scared about betting on this type of production lasting beyond this season though.  If anything I think that as soon as he gets paid this offseason his inconsistency will come back in full force, especially if he goes to a team where his minutes might not be guaranteed. 

To be fair he never got a fair shake on those other teams. Why ?? Who knows. When James actually got run he would always stuff the stat sheet. So him having a career year is because he's getting consistent run finally ya know. His coach actually trusts him, will he have that trust on another team?? No way but in no way do I think this is a contact year special.  Agree to disagree there. I just think he has finally gotten the opportunity. 

Edited by chud12