urban2014

Trevor Story 2017 Outlook

1,035 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Is this the Ian Desmond thread? 

 

u3twqwP.gif

 

Take it to PM's or something guys. 

He's posting misinformation supposing there's a reason Story would lose playing time. Obviously Valaika is the backup at the position, not Desmond (and with good/obvious reason), so it needs to be debunked. People come here for advice based on facts, something so obviously misguided cannot continue to be trotted out. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, the real donny baseball said:

 

The reaction you got is hilarious.Just know that you're right and let it go.Some people just come here to argue.Learn to cull them out and ignore them and you'll save time.

 

When you share an empirical observation and the rebuttal is"you're a big lying poopie head"  and "I read some numbers somewhere that some other person who doesn't watch came up with" you just have to laugh and move on.

 

I find it hilarious that this is what you take from that exchange. The discussion centered on the fact that there is no defensive WAR Stat, and that Desmond had 52 errors at SS in 2 years. That does not translate to "you're a big lying poopy head". What is wrong with you? Absolutely terrible post. 

 

Story has been out for a while now,  Desmond has zero starts and zero appearances at SS. If he was so proficient at SS why isnt he used at all? Big mystery.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver Post

 

Story, working his way back from a left-shoulder injury that landed him on the 10-day DL on May 10, is feeling much better and is close to being ready to resume full-scale baseball activities.

 

“I feel really good and (Monday’s off day) gave me a complete day of rest,” Story said. “I feel pretty much back to normal. I got to take groundballs and swing the bat a little. (Wednesday) will be pretty much my normal (pregame) routine.”

 

Story doesn’t have a minor-league rehab schedule worked out, but he’s eager to start playing again and test his swing.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Denver Post

 

Story, working his way back from a left-shoulder injury that landed him on the 10-day DL on May 10, is feeling much better and is close to being ready to resume full-scale baseball activities.

 

“I feel really good and (Monday’s off day) gave me a complete day of rest,” Story said. “I feel pretty much back to normal. I got to take groundballs and swing the bat a little. (Wednesday) will be pretty much my normal (pregame) routine.”

 

Story doesn’t have a minor-league rehab schedule worked out, but he’s eager to start playing again and test his swing.

 

Thank you for actually posting something relevant and useful  to Story's outlook. As a Story owner I have found it nearly impossible to come into the 39+ pages of this thread to find out anything  helpful.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2017 at 11:55 AM, miasma16 said:

He's posting misinformation supposing there's a reason Story would lose playing time. Obviously Valaika is the backup at the position, not Desmond (and with good/obvious reason), so it needs to be debunked. People come here for advice based on facts, something so obviously misguided cannot continue to be trotted out. 

 

"a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop "

 

81SjPRsmJKL._SX355_.jpg

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2/3, HR, 2RBI, BB, 0 K in his first rehab game. The HR came of Milwaukee top pitching prospect Josh Hader.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the thinking that this was a phantom DL stint to clear his head, he sucked because he was playing through injury, or he hurt himself in that one at bat right before he went in the DL?

 

And forgive me if this was discussed 10 pages back... I couldn't sift through all the Desmond gold glove SS nonsense.

Edited by bradwatson
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bradwatson said:

So is the thinking that this was a phantom DL stint to clear his head, he sucked because he was playing through injury, or he hurt himself in that one at bat right before he went in the DL?

 

And forgive me if this was discussed 10 pages back... I couldn't sift through all the Desmond gold glove SS nonsense.

He was showing signs of turning it around before. So i disagree.

 

Desmond was a passable/ok SS his final 3 years with the nats.  His range and positioning that made up for below average hands. Range declines and positioning can be a team based thing. So that is why no one in FA would dare sign him as a SS. Not because he was a bad SS with the nats heading into FA(id like to like to think errors are an outdated stat for defense, except in this thread)  But 2 years removed and older probably means he's worse now

Edited by Slatykamora
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thought/hope is that he was playing through a nagging injury and he'll start mashing upon his return.

 

Someone with less patience/foresight just dropped him in my keeper league. Took me 5 seconds to stash him.

 

Fingers crossed fellas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bradwatson said:

So is the thinking that this was a phantom DL stint to clear his head, he sucked because he was playing through injury, or he hurt himself in that one at bat right before he went in the DL?

 

And forgive me if this was discussed 10 pages back... I couldn't sift through all the Desmond gold glove SS nonsense.

 

I was watching the game. He grimaced during an at bat, I think trying to check his swing. The trainer and coach came out to talk to him, but he said in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Light Tower Power said:

 

I was watching the game. He grimaced during an at bat, I think trying to check his swing. The trainer and coach came out to talk to him, but he said in the game.

Yea that's what I was thinking of too. But I thought that was his forearm and not his shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear the plan for him? Due back early this week? I just searched through twitter but couldn't find anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Anyone hear the plan for him? Due back early this week? I just searched through twitter but couldn't find anything.

 

He started his rehab assignment on Friday so without any setbacks (which there won't be because he's not actually hurt in my opinion) he'll be activated in the middle of the week. Today is the 10th day he's been on the DL.

 

"Story loves the Liberty Bell," [Bud] Black said. "He loves Ben Franklin. He might not love it all four days. But he loves it."

 

My shot in the dark guess is he comes back Tuesday against Eflin. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see why not tomorrow? He's eligible to be back, and if he's stealing bases in rehab then he's good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any y'all hear he's being activated Monday us weekly leaguers would be forever grateful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Hawk Who Lived said:

How long will he be in the minors for?

No one knows for certain. But read about 6 posts above yours for most recent news.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

No one knows for certain. But read about 6 posts above yours for most recent news.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if activated anyone think the Rox will send him to Philly to start the week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.