accudart

Taylor Trammell - OF CIN

Fair enough..I tend to look for you guys to do my work:)

Drafted 35th last summer, more known for football talents..all I have right now..

He got a well over-slot $3.2 Million bonus after the Reds took him 35th overall this past year (2016). Trammell is the definition of raw and toolsy.  He was a two-sport athlete in high school, highly recruited for his exploits on the football field as well as his potential on the diamond. He put up a .303/.374/.421 line in Rookie-ball which is good for a 105 wRC+ in 61 games along with 2 HRs and 24 SBs. You can see he was able to utilize his double plus speed effectively and he showed pretty good contact (22.4 K%) and patience (9.1 BB%). The question is will he continue to hit as he moves up the ladder and will he learn how to tap into his raw power more frequently as he does have good bat speed and strength. He's a lottery ticket, capable of being a top 20 fantasy OF with good development but he also could flame out at AA if he fails to make gains in pitch recognition and handling off-speed stuff. The tools are alluring and if you have the patience to wait three to four years, you could have a superstar on your hands. Classic high risk/high reward prospect.

Edited by garlando
  • Like 4

Razzball just put him 59th on their recent list. Should he be added in leagues with 100+ prospects? I've not been able to find much on him.

I'm a fan. His numbers so far this year are great, reminiscent of a 5 tool type putting it together. Have read some reports of scouts praising him as well.

• Like 1

Incredible talent and athlete with upside to be a top 20 prospect on lists this time next year. 

Elite speed with power upside and draws a lot of walks. 
Offensive skillset reminds me a lot of Buxton. 

A few years off but get him now while you can. 

Edited by Letitbe793

I know this is a bit of a stretch but I read that one evaluator saying that Trammel is this years Ronald Acuna . Flying under the radar like Acuna did in 2016 and ready to explode onto the scene this year . Most have him top 50. Get ready . 

23 hours ago, Jor357 said:

I know this is a bit of a stretch but I read that one evaluator saying that Trammel is this years Ronald Acuna . Flying under the radar like Acuna did in 2016 and ready to explode onto the scene this year . Most have him top 50. Get ready . 

https://prospects-365.com/2018/02/08/taylor-trammell-baseballs-next-superstar-prospect/

Likely the post you're talking about.  This guy did call Acuna way ahead of most... just sayin. 

Big fan. Starling Marte type with 20/40 upside. Young, so has time to correct the contact issues.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:33 PM, JenksDodger said:

Love the fact he takes a lot of walks too. Superstar potential!

6 walks to just 4 strikeouts through his first 9 games at High-A. Small sample but even a modest improvement in plate discipline would make an already exciting profile look even better.

• Thanks 1

don't love the swing, but I love how the ball rockets off his bat. With some tinkering he has legitimate 25-homer potential... which in addition to his walking ability and good speed, makes him pretty tantalizing. 

I can see a peak season of .270/.360./495   with 50+ combined homeruns + steals (and the potential for more if the speed is truly Marte-esque)

In the nature of honesty I flipped him for Mike Soroka + Dylan Cease in my rebuild, because my outfield is stacked and my pitching is awful, but I think Trammell has star potential. I certainly like him a lot more than Estevan Florial, who at first glance may appear to be a similar player - but I think Trammell's tools are a tier above. 

Edited by RotoBird

1 hour ago, hgh22 said:

Futures game mvp. Promotion soon?

I was at the game, and he hit the snot out of the ball but made a huge blunder.  He smashed one to CF and started admiring it and then jogging slowly to 1B.  As he's rounding first base he sees that it's actually not a HR, so he turns on the jets. The ball rolls past the CF, and Trammell goes into 3B standing for a triple.  But if he hadn't been so enamored of himself, he would have had an inside the park HR.

Kid still has some learning to do on hustle.

10 hours ago, Ben Edelman said:

I was at the game, and he hit the snot out of the ball but made a huge blunder.  He smashed one to CF and started admiring it and then jogging slowly to 1B.  As he's rounding first base he sees that it's actually not a HR, so he turns on the jets. The ball rolls past the CF, and Trammell goes into 3B standing for a triple.  But if he hadn't been so enamored of himself, he would have had an inside the park HR.

It's an exhibition game.....let the kid have some fun. Nothing to see here, well other than he hit well.

Edited by Dark Kn19ht
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ben Edelman said:

He's not that type of kid from everything I've read and seen about him. He was so embarrassed afterwards. It was silly to do for sure, in an exhibition game i really don't care all that much though. Just would have been really cool to see him get a stand-up ITPHR which seems like he could have 

Def staying down this year... but star still on the rise?

Going to the Padres in the 3-team Trevor Bauer trade.

It's a downgrade in terms of park, and competition for playing time will be stiffer in San Diego's loaded system.

On the other hand, Trammell has been struggling this year and maybe the Padres, who seem to know a little about developing players, can get him turned around. He'll also potentially be part of a stacked lineup down the road.

Most midseason lists have dropped him back into the 30-40 range which still isn't bad. The tools remain very impressive and he's only 21.

• Like 1

Competition for playing time stiffer?  He's competing against Margot or Wil Myers.  Not that hard to beat out.  Hunter Renfro is the only one who is a lock in the SD outfield now.

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Competition for playing time stiffer?  He's competing against Margot or Wil Myers.  Not that hard to beat out.  Hunter Renfro is the only one who is a lock in the SD outfield now.

Margot has been very good lately (.900 OPS in July) but Myers has been mostly terrible.

I'm assuming the Padres will be sending Trammell to AA?