Sign in to follow this  
mevins31

Corey Seager 2017 Outlook

6 hours ago, Stats said:

That question probably belongs in another forum. I guess what I want to know is do we have enough confidence in that swing and long term position eligibility to draft him as a top keeper yet? Will positional considerations even matter that much? The next Kris Bryant? 

Yeah, he'll never be a big SB threat.  He's athletic but not exactly quick so I'd be surprised if he ever reaches double-digits in steals.

As for his position, I don't see him moving off SS anytime soon.  I was prepared for the worst when all the talk was about him being a future 3B but his defense was very solid last year and there's no reason to think his athleticism will betray him in the next 4-5 years.  Now that shortstop is surprisingly deep for fantasy purposes it's not quite the boon it would've been in years past, but if you're counting on him as your dynasty SS there's no reason to worry about it for a while.

ugh.. I know it's early but back tightness? Starting to see a little smoke around these updates. Hope there aren't any small bones broken in the back. Pure speculation but this seems to be dragging on the point beyond random tightness.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Tuesday that he's now not sure if Corey Seager (back) will be able to return Friday.
Seager sat out the weekend due to tightness in his upper back, but the Dodgers were previously aiming for him to return on Friday. They are backing off that timeline now, but Roberts remains confident about his readiness for the start of the season. 
Edited by OrangeCrush

I don't like this.  I don't like this at all....

Hold the fort and still target him in the 2nd or only take a stab if he's there in the third? 

11 minutes ago, midlip said:

I don't like this.  I don't like this at all....

Hold the fort and still target him in the 2nd or only take a stab if he's there in the third? 

Possibly the best ss in the league, you target this guy. ESPECIALLY in Keeper/Dynasty formats.

I mean I'm gun shy....

but I could easily see this being something pretty significant that keeps him out until like may or June or bothers him all year. Need this to go away and soon. 

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said that Corey Seager (back) increased his activity Tuesday, but the shortstop will be held out of games until the weekend.
Seager's back injury doesn't look to be more than a day-to-day thing, but it's early March and the Dodgers are understandably playing things extra cautiously. If he's still not ready to play this weekend, then it might be time to worry. For now, feel free to take Seager where you normally would in drafts

Seems like a few back related injuries so far this year. The one back that worries me the most though is Kershaw though. A little gun shy after last year.

No mention of his injury being surprisingly worse than they're letting on?

you let me down rotoworld 

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Friday that he's not sure when Corey Seager (back/oblique) will return to Cactus League action.
Roberts is also classifying Seager's injury as more of an oblique strain than a back issue, which isn't good. The skipper had been downplaying the shortstop's ailment since it first popped up, but Seager's return to games has been pushed back a couple times and now his status is very much up in the air. It might be time to question whether Seager will be ready for Opening Day.

It's going to go on all year. The issues/oblique/back/Stuff 

and its all my fault 

On 3/7/2017 at 0:42 PM, OrangeCrush said:
ugh.. I know it's early but back tightness? Starting to see a little smoke around these updates. Hope there aren't any small bones broken in the back. Pure speculation but this seems to be dragging on the point beyond random tightness.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Tuesday that he's now not sure if Corey Seager (back) will be able to return Friday.
Seager sat out the weekend due to tightness in his upper back, but the Dodgers were previously aiming for him to return on Friday. They are backing off that timeline now, but Roberts remains confident about his readiness for the start of the season. 

Yup! Annoying!!

Corey Seager unlikely to play in a game this week, Dave Roberts says

I wonder if this bumps him into the third round... 

It is an Oblique. Not a back.

so in hockey this is the dreaded high ankle sprain. In NFL its lisfranc. 

This could really linger. Read between the lines 

4 hours ago, mevins31 said:

It is an Oblique. Not a back.

so in hockey this is the dreaded high ankle sprain. In NFL its lisfranc. 

This could really linger. Read between the lines 

Lol. I would say that high ankle sprain in the NFL is just as bad as the lisfranc. Super frustrated by this news. I was expecting big things front him this yr. Real drag!

Edited by OrangeCrush

3 hours ago, mevins31 said:

How worried do we need to be? 

Oblique injuries take about six weeks to recover from. Don't expect to have him red eye for opening day. 

11 hours ago, mevins31 said:

How worried do we need to be? 

He's already been out for basically 2 weeks with about 3 weeks of ST left. Best case is he misses the first week to 10 days of the regular season, worst practical case is he misses April. I don't think I'd be too afraid but oblique injuries are typically more problematic than other injuries. 

Expect him to miss a week or so as he catches up to 'spring training'. I wouldn't move him down in drafts.

1 hour ago, lavaman said:

Expect him to miss a week or so as he catches up to 'spring training'. I wouldn't move him down in drafts.

I dont know, second round now seeming awfully high for a guy that may have lingering issues 

If you're faced with Seager and Correa, maybe edge to Correa?

i am not trippin 

how long was britton out? and i would say LA is being extremely careful with this situation

I would have given Correa the edge even before the oblique injury. I would still draft Seager in the second round, but probably towards the end.