svdude

Rich Hill 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Error by Forsythe ruins his chance. 

No-hitter still intact. He still is below 100ip if they get a run in top 10 they could still use him to get a 10inning No-Hitter which would be amazing.

I'm so mad at Forsythe and the Dodgers offense, despite not being a Dodgers fan and owning zero Hill shares. 

9 innings, 1 run, 1 hit, 0 walks, 10 strikeouts and the guy takes the loss. Just wow. Where was the offense? He was so close to being the first perfect game in 5 years.

40 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

as a hill owner...don't like him coming back out for the 10th

It really made no sense unless Roberts was willing to keep him in well above the 115 120 pitch mark. After the Dodgers didn't score in the top of the 10th, you know guaranteed that the only way he's going to get the no-hitter is to run him out there for both the 10th and 11th. Robert's line when he pulled him from the perfect game last year at 89 pitches was "couldn't risk blister problems". He's had blister problems again this year. Same scenario this year - and Roberts chose to do the exact opposite. It really makes him look like he has no clue what he's doing.

Hill should've walked 4 straight guys and taken the no-hitter.

Dodgers deserve 10 L's for this one.  That's dirty.  Strange what happens when you take Turner and Bellinger out of that lineup.  It becomes a Corey Seager and the JAG Street Band.  I wish Adrian Gonzalez would just go the f*** away.  Just a complete turd.  

Fantastic start. You have to love what we are seeing from Hill. BB/9 and HR/9 are a bit high, but that K/9 is fantastic. Let's just hope he is healthy and firing on all cylinders when the playoffs start.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

15 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

dave roberts is simply a moron

I like how he'll let Hill pitch into the 10th, but won't "risk" pinch hitting Grandal or Justin Turner at any point in the game. Dodgers brought in not one guy off the bench. The most sub-happy manager in baseball lifts not a finger to help Hill make history. 

I'm not seeing him listed in the rotation anymore.

He may be taking his turn on the Dodger's fake DL or heading to the bullpen. The DL would seem more likely.

The 5 guys right now are Kershaw, Wood, Darvish, Ryu, and Maeda.

I guess they could go with the 6 man rotation too.

18 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I'm not seeing him listed in the rotation anymore.

He may be taking his turn on the Dodger's fake DL or heading to the bullpen. The DL would seem more likely.

The 5 guys right now are Kershaw, Wood, Darvish, Ryu, and Maeda.

I guess they could go with the 6 man rotation too.

I believe it's a 6 man rotation so instead of him getting to start Sunday @SD, he now gets a home start vs. AZ. As if he didn't bend me over enough last night in my first week of a 2 week semifinal playoff matchup, he can do it again on Monday!

33 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

I believe it's a 6 man rotation so instead of him getting to start Sunday @SD, he now gets a home start vs. AZ. As if he didn't bend me over enough last night in my first week of a 2 week semifinal playoff matchup, he can do it again on Monday!

Lovely. Another start against the D-Backs. Just what we all needed. 

He probably could use the rest to be honest and at least it isn't at Coors lite 

22 minutes ago, Armalite said:

He probably could use the rest to be honest and at least it isn't at Coors lite 

Agreed, but I'd rather roll him out on 2 days rest vs. SD than 5 days rest vs. the DBacks