Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Eric Thames 2017 Outlook

Just now, ygung said:

FTFY

I mean, dude was drafted in my league and dropped in a similar fashion (by a winning manager) that @BostonCajun stated.  Was it premature, in hindsight for sure, but at the time he was dropped he had 1 homer had been scratched 3 times in an 8 game period, with other speculation swirling about his playing time.  I'm sure dude is kicking himself now tho.  

Ok, I can concede it is a shallow league problem.

I never play shallow leagues anymore though, think the experience has generally been more competitive and more fun when I get deeper. It might be because the managers all research more players and are more involved. 

Just my 2 cents. Also a personal preference. I hate seeing borderline stars on the waiver wire.

Hope people don't skewer me lol, there's nothing wrong with playing a shallow league if that is what you like.

Guy was a steal for me in 19th round; do we see this production as sustainable or time to sell high?

2 minutes ago, csalantrie said:

Guy was a steal for me in 19th round; do we see this production as sustainable or time to sell high?

I wouldn't dangle him as trade bait, as I like him going forward, but if someone offers you a large enough haul, sure.  Everyone should be available to trade at the right price.  

Just now, phillyphan21 said:

I wouldn't dangle him as trade bait, as I like him going forward, but if someone offers you a large enough haul, sure.  Everyone should be available to trade at the right price.  

What's your projected slashing line for him?

32 minutes ago, csalantrie said:

What's your projected slashing line for him?

Not that you were asking me, but I think .250/.330/.500 with 20-25 HR is the absolute floor. I could see him push his AVG/OBP up by another 20-30 points and get closer to 30 HR if he doesn't fall off after the break or anything.

He's actually on the wire in my h2h league but I'm a little concerned he's just on a little hot streak and he may cool off quickly and drastically. 

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

He's actually on the wire in my h2h league but I'm a little concerned he's just on a little hot streak and he may cool off quickly and drastically. 

Would you rather find out with him on your bench or on someone else's? :)

100/30/100/15/.280 is my bold prediction (might changed if Braun is dealt)

1 hour ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

I know Yahoo has been discussed, but does anyone know about when he'll get 1B eligibility on ESPN?

Probably nothing till Monday. Guessing the service provider they used was off all weekend and nowhere to be found for the Easter holiday. Folks on the Yahoo message boards are just as irate as we are. 

8 hours ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

I know Yahoo has been discussed, but does anyone know about when he'll get 1B eligibility on ESPN?

He needs 10 appearances for ESPN, yes? I don't think he's got that has he?

1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

He needs 10 appearances for ESPN, yes? I don't think he's got that has he?

Check baseballreference.com.  Just enter his name and check out the stats for same.  I think he has 7 starts.  8 max (??) so you have a few more days.

Also know that Yahoo keeps blaming it's data provider subcontractor which I'm guessing is who ESPN uses too since both platforms were in total sync down to the minute on some data problem earlier this season.  So you'd better hope you see Yahoo users posting soon that the problem has been corrected or ESPN will likely be down this same rabbit hole by midweek otherwise.

Speaking of Yahoo the Eric Thames 1B Eligibility thread on their message board is getting more and more ugly.  Some of the money league players are checking in now on that thread and are royally pissed.  Plus weekly league players are totally screwed for this coming week.  Yahoo hasn't given an update in two days as the mods on the board there seem curled up in fetal position and the ability to toggle one little flag in the code seems beyond their senior most programmer to handle.