Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest zubaz4fans

Who gets called up first

Guest zubaz4fans

Lind

Bruce

Headley

Ian Stewart

Matt Laporta

Lind

Bruce

Headley

Ian Stewart

Matt Laporta

I'd say Lind for both. He could be up tomorrow, and he's got over 300 career at-bats against major league pitching already. Last year's struggles seem to have really helped him.

.365/.423/.587, 3 doubles, 3 HR, 16 RBI in 18 games.

I'd say Lind for both. He could be up tomorrow, and he's got over 300 career at-bats against major league pitching already. Last year's struggles seem to have really helped him.

.365/.423/.587, 3 doubles, 3 HR, 16 RBI in 18 games.

Laporta the best bat on that list but he won't be up first. What matters is he is the guy to go get and will have the best career. His bat is sick.

Laporta the best bat on that list but he won't be up first. What matters is he is the guy to go get and will have the best career. His bat is sick.

I hope it's LaPorta, Bruce, and Stewart and they all crush. I've got all three!

i say Bruce. The ballpark should help a lot as well.

Can I ask how important it is that the guys succeed this year? If you have a minors system, that must mean you have a keeper/dynasty format, and so a player might succeed more this year, and get *dwarfed* by another player who's a year behind for the rest of the keeper time you have those guys for.

A good example is this year - I'm pretty sure Lind is the next up, and the one who's likely going to have the biggest impact simply by getting full-time AB's for 5 months, instead of 3-4 for Bruce and Headley. But, if you can keep your minors players as keepers (a deep league, say 20-team, with at least 8-10 keepers), and you can keep them for at *least* 3 years, then guys like Bruce & Headley leap ahead of Lind by a *huge* margin.

But, if you only have the minors guys for say, this year & next, the present impact is more important.

So, this year - Lind & Lind. Bruce & Headley are next (in that order), and frankly, Laporta is a fine bat, but has huge opportunity issues right now, and the year down in the minors wouldn't hurt. Stewart, well sorry to say, he's nowhere near the others IMO.

But, to be clear, in a format where you could keep minors guys for at least 3 or more years, I would be saying Bruce by a mile, then Headley, then LaPorta, then Lind (if he plays OF & not DH).......and well behind, Stewart.

Hope that helps,

Wieters name needs to be thrown in the hat as well.

Is Maybin even on the horizon to get called up, or are we looking at Sept?

He needs the full season - he is getting a ton of K's; that's normal as he needs to work on pitch recognition. He's a bona fide superstar in waiting, but give him at least a full season in AA/AAA before expecting any type of sustainable MLB success.

So I'd be thinking September callup at this stage. Even if they call him up earlier, I don't see anything but a ton of SB's, a ton of K's and a low .avg, and a lot of post-hype disappointment (of course, that could work to owners' advantages in Dynasty leagues, if they can take advantage of impatient owners).

Lind gets called up to play a corner OF/DH role. He'll be the first one up.

In the long term I see Jay Bruce or Chase Headly making the biggest impact. Headley will have the longest career in the majors because he has a good hitter's eye, on base skills, and can play 3B and OF.

Can I ask how important it is that the guys succeed this year? If you have a minors system, that must mean you have a keeper/dynasty format, and so a player might succeed more this year, and get *dwarfed* by another player who's a year behind for the rest of the keeper time you have those guys for.

A good example is this year - I'm pretty sure Lind is the next up, and the one who's likely going to have the biggest impact simply by getting full-time AB's for 5 months, instead of 3-4 for Bruce and Headley. But, if you can keep your minors players as keepers (a deep league, say 20-team, with at least 8-10 keepers), and you can keep them for at *least* 3 years, then guys like Bruce & Headley leap ahead of Lind by a *huge* margin.

But, if you only have the minors guys for say, this year & next, the present impact is more important.

So, this year - Lind & Lind. Bruce & Headley are next (in that order), and frankly, Laporta is a fine bat, but has huge opportunity issues right now, and the year down in the minors wouldn't hurt. Stewart, well sorry to say, he's nowhere near the others IMO.

But, to be clear, in a format where you could keep minors guys for at least 3 or more years, I would be saying Bruce by a mile, then Headley, then LaPorta, then Lind (if he plays OF & not DH).......and well behind, Stewart.

Hope that helps,

I agree, since he has struggled the last couple of years, Stewart is behind these guys. He also, like LaPorta, has very limited opportunity. But don't count him out. He's having a great start this season in AAA, comparable with LaPorta and Bruce.

6 HR, 18 Runs, 22 RBI, 2 SB, and 1.074 OPS

He may not completely live up to the early hype, but I think he's going to be better than people are giving him credit for.