Slamsox27

Which 10 to keep

Recommended Posts

Slamsox27    4

I'm in a 7x7 H2H 12 team keeper, we start the typical hitting lineup along with 5SP and 5RP.

 

Assuming I can't make a deal to upgrade keepers which ten among the following would you keep.

 

* are planned keepers

 

Jonathan Lucroy

Adrian Gonzalez

*Jose Altuve

*Francisco Lindor

Jonathan Villar

Troy Tulowitzki 

*Miguel Sano

Jose Bautista

*Charlie Blackmon

*JD Martinez

*Starling Marte

Stephen Pitscotty 

*Jake Arrieta

*Madison Bumgarner

Aroldis Chapman

 

really debating on last two between Bautista, Chapman, Villar and Lucroy.  Hoping I can package a 2 or 3 for one type trade for another top SP.

 

any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fbaseballgod    44

1) Jose Altuve 99/100

2) Madison Bumgarner  92/100

3)  Charlie Blackmon 88/100

4)  Jake Arrieta  77/100

5)  Francisco Lindor  65/100

6)  Jonathan Villar 63/100

7)  JD Martinez  62/100

8) Starling Marte 62/100

Edited by Fbaseballgod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slamsox27    4
1 minute ago, Fbaseballgod said:

1) Jose Altuve

2) Madison Bumgarner

3)  Charlie Blackmon

4)  Jake Arrieta

5)  Francisco Lindor

6)  Jonathan Villar

7)  JD Martinez

8) Starling Marte

 

I can keep 10 total, which other two would you keep?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Slamsox27 said:

 

I can keep 10 total, which other two would you keep?

Jonathan Lucroy for sure.  A good catcher in that slot can win you championships.  Too many owners neglect catcher and in h2h I have fun beating them using that lights years dif between my catchers and theirs.  A week's worth of stats has to be maxed out because 1 or 2 or 3 Runs or HRs or RBI can swing those stat categories from one owner to the other.  Poo-pooing going after a top stud catcher can cost an owner those stats and that can make the difference in more weeks than you can imagine.  Don't let Lucroy go.

I'd take Chapman 10th.  He is like owning 2 closers using just one slot in your roster and his WHIP/ERA and K's are major adders to those stats as well. 

Again a few points here or there is crucial in h2h leagues.  You look for players that can give you unique advantages to your team in these leagues.  Ones the other teams can't easily match you on.

Good luck to your team.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fbaseballgod    44
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Jonathan Lucroy for sure.  A good catcher in that slot can win you championships.  Too many owners neglect catcher and in h2h I have fun beating them using that lights years dif between my catchers and theirs.  A week's worth of stats has to be maxed out because 1 or 2 or 3 Runs or HRs or RBI can swing those stat categories from one owner to the other.  Poo-pooing going after a top stud catcher can cost an owner those stats and that cam make the difference in more weeks than you can imagine.  Don't let Lucroy go.

I'd take Chapman 10th.  He is like owning 2 closers using just one slot in your roster and his WHIP/ERA and K's are major adders to those stats. 

Again a few points here or there is crucial in h2h leagues.  You look for players that can give you unique advantages to your team in these leagues.  Ones the other teams can't easily match you on.

 

Hello?? Villar!!!  You know, the 24 year old top 20 player... I will copy and paste from another post but how can you choose Marte over him?

 

 

285 Avg.  369 OBP. 19 HR.  63 SB.  92, 63 runs, rbi.______ Villar

311 AVG. 362 OBP. 9 HR.  47 SB .  71 46 runs, RBI_____Marte

 

 

Avg:  30 point to Marte.

OBP: Slight advantage Villar

HR: 10 HR to Villar

SB:  16 SB to Villar

Runs: 21 to Villar

RBI: 17 to Villar.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

You decided not to pick villar, but did not contest his marte

Huh?  The list I see above says both Villar (#6) and Marte (#8).

Also his question was what 2 more should he add to said list.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slamsox27    4
42 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

1) Jose Altuve 99/100

2) Madison Bumgarner  92/100

3)  Charlie Blackmon 88/100

4)  Jake Arrieta  77/100

5)  Francisco Lindor  65/100

6)  Jonathan Villar 63/100

7)  JD Martinez  62/100

8) Starling Marte 62/100

 

 

So so you think Marte over Sano long term as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fbaseballgod    44
7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Huh?  The list I see above says both Villar (#6) and Marte (#8).

Also his question was what 2 more should he add to said list.

He said debating between batty, villar, Chapman, lucroy for last 2 spots.  U picked not villar 

Edited by Fbaseballgod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fbaseballgod    44
4 minutes ago, Slamsox27 said:

 

 

So so you think Marte over Sano long term as well?

 

Eh.. Close.  Could go either way imo.  I ranked him 62/100, other 60/100.  Luckily he can keep both 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slamsox27    4
6 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

 

Eh.. Close.  Could go either way imo.  I ranked him 62/100, other 60/100.  Luckily he can keep both 

 

Where does Lucroy and Bautista ranked in your rankings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
apap414    40

This discussion has me going back and forth between Lucroy and Sano as the 10th keeper I would choose.  Fbaseballgod's initial 8 I think are absolutes.  Chapman is my 9th, for sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

He said debating between batty, villar, Chapman, lucroy for last 2 spots.  U picked not villar 

Read two posts up from my original post about Lucroy and Chapman.  THAT is what I quoted as in I can keep 10 total, which other two would you keep?  Above that is a box listing Villar at #6 and Marte at #8.  Geez will you pease get your facts right.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DerekQ    20
On 12/4/2016 at 8:13 PM, Slamsox27 said:

 

I can keep 10 total, which other two would you keep?

9.) Lucroy

10.) Sano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now