Sign in to follow this  
Fbaseballgod

Pure Dynasty Trade Question

I am in a 20 team, full dynasty league- keep everyone, forever, no restrictions.   OBP, HR, RBI, R, SB  and QS, ERA, WHIP, K, SV+HD

My team right now: 

R Martin

F Freeman

N Walker

J Donaldson

J Villar

C Davis

B Harper

E Inciarte

J Ramirez

B Gardner

K Seager

D Price

K Hendricks

J Verlander

J Paxton

R Hill

B Ziegler

R Madson

C Bucholz

C Bettis

Highlights in bench:

J Bell

Y Tomás

M. Bush

B. Rondon

J. Lowrie

Would you take this trade:

B. Harper for 

C. Sale and 

A. Eaton

Thanks for both of y'alls feedback.  I feel like I want to trade Harper, mainly because I am a Braves fan, but I feel like I am having a "sell low" moment!  What should I be looking for in return?

Hmm, I don't know if you'd exactly be selling low.  How comfortable do you feel about the state of your OF if you moved Harper?  Chris Sale would be a fine addition, but what else does that owner have that he could include other than Eaton?

I agree, my general rule when you look to trade is to acquire the best player in the trade.  

I'd rank Harper quite a bit higher than Sale and I'd look to get a much better OF than Eaton as a second player.

I would not even remotely consider moving Harper for that package. He's still a top 5 dynasty asset, whereas Sale is in the mid-20's and Eaton is an OF5.

Still Harper. I'd be reluctant to move Harper for anything less than a top 20 dynasty hitter + another good piece. Something like Springer and Sale, for example.

2 hours ago, schulni said:

Still Harper. I'd be reluctant to move Harper for anything less than a top 20 dynasty hitter + another good piece. Something like Springer and Sale, for example.

I'd trade Harper for Sale one up.  Hell I traded Harper three years back I think it was for Bumgarner one up.  Loved the trade then; still love the trade now.  I easily replaced Harper's production and that league remains the hardest to get good pitching.  Bumgarner helped my team win it all this season.