Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apap414

Dynasty League Proposal

9 posts in this topic

So i sent out a feeler-message to the owner of Nomar Mazara in my dynasty league and he sent me the following proposal:

I would receive: Nomar Mazara and Marcus Stroman

I would send: JD Martinez, Marcell Ozuna, Dylan Bundy and Lewis Brinson

Obviously I value JD Martinez, but the thought of acquiring Mazara and Stroman is so tempting to me I am a bit stuck.  At the end of the day, I think I am giving too much.  Would you accept this deal as is, or would you counter?  I already sent him a message asking, if we did do this deal, if he would be willing to accept Bradley Zimmer over Lewis Brinson.  I think Mazara's potential has be a bit jaded in this deal, I love the thought of getting him.  Any advice helps.  Thanks!

(I can post my roster if needed.  It's a 9x9 roto league)

Edited by apap414

I would definitely pass.  In Dynasty Leagues, people tend to underrated players such as Martinez, who may be the "ceiling" of Mazara- 307 average with 20+ HR and few SB.  I also do not think you should be banking on SP, so although you get rid of Dylan Bundy, you are accepting, again, a non proven SP in its stead.  I honestly think you are going too much for potential.  Besides this, even if you were rebuilding, you are giving a good spec AND marcell, who is great for a rebuilding team.

Conclusion: Decline, not even close

Ya, I know it's a ton to give.  I think you're right in that the potential of these two guys has me jaded a bit.  I may see if I can split these two guys up and maybe just focus on going after Stroman.  My team needs more starting pitching.

1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I would definitely pass.  In Dynasty Leagues, people tend to underrated players such as Martinez, who may be the "ceiling" of Mazara- 307 average with 20+ HR and few SB.  I also do not think you should be banking on SP, so although you get rid of Dylan Bundy, you are accepting, again, a non proven SP in its stead.  I honestly think you are going too much for potential.  Besides this, even if you were rebuilding, you are giving a good spec AND marcell, who is great for a rebuilding team.

Conclusion: Decline, not even close

?

I would have to get back another piece in order to do that deal.  I do like the premise of the deal though.  If JD is traded to the NL, while he should still be good, his value drops away from the Detroit and the talent that surrounds him.

As it stands, the deal is a bit rich to make.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, schulni said:

Yup, not close. He's way over-valuing Mazara.

Depends on which scouting reports you look at.  Reports had him anywhere from .280/20-25HR to comparisons to Miguel Cabrera with the bat.   While I think he's falling short of Cabrera production you have to consider at least that the comparisons are there from mlb scouts.

On the bright side this owner just got booted from the league, which helps me cause I may be able to try to swing this deal closer to the value that I had initially wanted to give.

I like what you have period.  Why try and re-do the trade near a real and not twilight zone offers like that guy was giving you?  I'd rather have the three outfielders you currently have.  What's wrong in keeping JD and Ozuna and holding on to Brinson?  Stroman would have to have a bounce back season before I'd consider trading for him then he would cost me too much, heh.