SpecialFNK

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

113 posts in this topic

traded him in my keeper based on external advice and internal thoughts of: "you can't trust prospects" and "capitalize on prospect shine" and "win now" and "massive strikeout concerns" and "can't hit a MLB breaking ball"

 

any of y'all got a shotgun? 

 

he is the truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have room stash him on the end of your bench.  He won't be called up till mid may just so the White Sox can get an extra year of control.  But he will get called up then.  Does he have the arm to play 3rd base?  I can see the Sox trading Frazier by the deadline and possibly moving him over.   Just a theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan4Life said:

If you have room stash him on the end of your bench.  He won't be called up till mid may just so the White Sox can get an extra year of control.  But he will get called up then.  Does he have the arm to play 3rd base?  I can see the Sox trading Frazier by the deadline and possibly moving him over.   Just a theory.

The idea of this guy on my squad with 2B eligibility (after 10 games espn) is very appealing. He's a FA. He won't be playing for at least a month. But I may have to do it. Gonna be a painful month tho with only 3 BN spots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan4Life said:

If you have room stash him on the end of your bench.  He won't be called up till mid may just so the White Sox can get an extra year of control.  But he will get called up then.  Does he have the arm to play 3rd base?  I can see the Sox trading Frazier by the deadline and possibly moving him over.   Just a theory.

 

He's played exclusively 2B through the first 5 games. If I'm running the team, I start him at 2B where he has more experience, use Saladino in more of a super-utility role, plug Moncada right into the two-hole in the line-up and bat either Tilson or Anderson leadoff.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

traded him in my keeper based on external advice and internal thoughts of: "you can't trust prospects" and "capitalize on prospect shine" and "win now" and "massive strikeout concerns" and "can't hit a MLB breaking ball"

 

any of y'all got a shotgun? 

 

he is the truth. 

He still hasn't done anything on the major league level so no need to panic yet. I'm starting to feel like the amount of hype surrounding him atm warrants a potential sell high in dynasty. If you can get a proven stud why not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

 

He's played exclusively 2B through the first 5 games. If I'm running the team, I start him at 2B where he has more experience, use Saladino in more of a super-utility role, plug Moncada right into the two-hole in the line-up and bat either Tilson or Anderson leadoff.

 

If he continues at his current pace in AAA ball, I would not be at all surprised to see CHI stick him atop the lineup and Anderson hits out of the 9-hole.  Anderson's OBP leaves a lot to be desired and that doesn't appear to be changing much at this season's onset (exactly zero BB in 22 PA).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0/3 with 2Ks and a GIDP so far tonight. Right now, Moncada cannot hit LHP. If there's a reason he isn't promoted in May, it's that. His only hole.... but one he has to improve.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone have any thoughts as to what his line will be at the end of the year in the majors?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

anyone have any thoughts as to what his line will be at the end of the year in the majors?

 

I don't know but as a white sox fan he better be really good the way Sale is pitching.  Damn, Sale is awesome.  I miss seeing him pitch every 5 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Are we still expecting a Mid may call up ? 

 

As someone stashing in multiple leagues who has followed just about every AB Moncada has had this season.... I don't know. I think it will depend on how he plays over the next 3 weeks. He needs to some improvement in his ability to hit lefties (last night was a good start) AND perhaps a slight reduction in overall K-rate. Right now he's at 32.7%. Perhaps if he can get that at least under 30, he'll have a shot at a May call-up.

 

If I'm being honest (and I really hope I'm wrong), I'm expecting a June call-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.