Topgun

Jose Bautista 2017 Outlook

390 posts in this topic

Where will he land ? He reportedly at one time wanted a year 5 year  150 million contact, what is he worth,

and what will he have to settle for ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'd look real good playing for the Indians in RF, would he accept a 2 year deal, at 20 million per ? I know I'm dreaming.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

5/150?

 

LOL

Just so you don't think I dreamed it up.

 

According to MLB Network's Jon Heyman, Jose Bautista would prefer to stay with the Blue Jays and is willing to negotiate.

That's not what Bautista was saying a couple weeks ago when he told reporters hometown discounts "don't exist." Per Heyman, Bautista still sees himself as a $30 million player and wants to play into his 40s. Bautista's reported five-year, $150 million asking price is pure lunacy but perhaps there is some hope of him returning to Toronto next season.
 
 
Mar 9 - 1:35 PM
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Topgun said:

He'd look real good playing for the Indians in RF, would he accept a 2 year deal, at 20 million per ? I know I'm dreaming.:D

Yes considering he still has a 17.2 1 year offer from the Jays....apparently.  Jays want him back but only a year at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheBoatmen said:

Yes considering he still has a 17.2 1 year offer from the Jays....apparently.  Jays want him back but only a year at a time.

I believe there was a dead-line to accept the qualifying offer, If my memory serves me right, he declined it, so that is not a option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Just so you don't think I dreamed it up.

 

According to MLB Network's Jon Heyman, Jose Bautista would prefer to stay with the Blue Jays and is willing to negotiate.

That's not what Bautista was saying a couple weeks ago when he told reporters hometown discounts "don't exist." Per Heyman, Bautista still sees himself as a $30 million player and wants to play into his 40s. Bautista's reported five-year, $150 million asking price is pure lunacy but perhaps there is some hope of him returning to Toronto next season.
 
 
Mar 9 - 1:35 PM

 

I don't doubt you, it's just a ridiculous number.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

 

I don't doubt you, it's just a ridiculous number.

 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Topgun said:

I believe there was a dead-line to accept the qualifying offer, If my memory serves me right, he declined it, so that is not a option.

Yes he did decline in.  He is interested in coming back to TO but they will not give him anymore than the qualifying offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he will take the one year deal with the Jays, build some value over the year and then sign a Beltran like contract next year without a draft pick dragging him down.  He keeps himself in great shape so he shouldn't have a problem if he has a healthy year.   Waiting until June doesn't make sense as he would just be losing time to bolster his own personal

stats.   He will literally be playing for his next contract.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

Pretty sure he will take the one year deal with the Jays, build some value over the year and then sign a Beltran like contract next year without a draft pick dragging him down.  He keeps himself in great shape so he shouldn't have a problem if he has a healthy year.   Waiting until June doesn't make sense as he would just be losing time to bolster his own personal

stats.   He will literally be playing for his next contract.  

I haven't heard about the one year offer from the Jays. Do you know the $ amount?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the 17.2 million.  The Jays aren't willing to go above his Qualifying offer.  Bautista is looking for 1 year with above qualifiying offer money to at least get something better for declining the qualifiying offer.  In my opinion no team is going to give up a top draft pick for 1 year so that leaves the Jays offer.  This was in the Toronto Star newspaper although it was a few weeks back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

Just the 17.2 million.  The Jays aren't willing to go above his Qualifying offer.  Bautista is looking for 1 year with above qualifiying offer money to at least get something better for declining the qualifiying offer.  In my opinion no team is going to give up a top draft pick for 1 year so that leaves the Jays offer.  This was in the Toronto Star newspaper although it was a few weeks back.

That $17.2 million isn't on the table anymore. The deadline to accept is long passed

Edited by mysonx3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PitchesLoveVelocity said:

Wow. I don't believe I've ever seen a player's value take such an absolute nosedive so quickly. From 5y/$150m to this:

 

http://www.barstoolsports.com/baseball/steve-phillips-says-theres-a-good-chance-jose-bautista-doesnt-sign-until-after-the-draft-in-june/

Honestly, it's hard to believe this. Bautista still was an above average bat last year despite the decline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The newspaper article said they still had an offer of 17.2 million out to Bautista, the same as the QO.  Bautista wants more though to play out a one year contract, the Jays are not willing to go above the QO though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean no one wants to give up a first round pick or multi-year-deal to an injury prone 36 year old OF with declining fielding skills? No... you don't say!

 

Bats is a brash hardo, but that has no place at the negotiating table when you lack leverage.

 

Phillies are interested which makes sense as their first rounder is protected since it's top 10... one of those top 10 teams should sign him... too bad Bats wants a contender. He did this to himself. 

Edited by StevieStats
proof reading after posting is a poor habit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the lack of interest in the real world, Joey B is going to become an excellent Sleeper.

 

Look at the thread on average draft position ..he's going for over the 100th pick!

 

But the lack of interest in Jose stems from:

 

His lack of defensive ability

His ridiculous contract demands 

His big attitude and reputation.

 

He is still very capable of hitting 30+ Hrs and 100 RBIs for the Jays

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Because of the lack of interest in the real world, Joey B is going to become an excellent Sleeper.

 

Look at the thread on average draft position ..he's going for over the 100th pick!

 

But the lack of interest in Jose stems from:

 

His lack of defensive ability

His ridiculous contract demands 

His big attitude and reputation.

 

He is still very capable of hitting 30+ Hrs and 100 RBIs for the Jays

Wow, had no idea he was going so late. That's a steal

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea past pick 100 is highway robbery. I'd start considering him in the 50s in a standard redraft

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, Jose Bautista will be guaranteed $18 million in his new one-year deal with the Blue Jays.

And so Bautista will receive a guarantee just above the one-year, $17.2 million qualifying offer he rejected from Toronto before testing free agency. Per Heyman, the new deal includes a pair of options (one mutual, one vesting) which could max out the contract at $60 million. Bautista wasn't up to his usual standards in 2016, but he has a chance to be a nice bargain at this price.

 

 No surprise, there wasn't that much of a market for a 36 year old power hitter off an off year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a cheesed off Bautista.  Whenever he gets cheesed off he usually rises to the challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If his ADP is around 100 come draft day

 

how soon is too soon to go up and grab him?

 

I think he's going to get revenge this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.