Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VelvetMerkin

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

Recommended Posts

I thought it would be interesting to add players that are likely/need to be traded by the deadline. We can go to each player's actual thread for a massive discussion but I think it would be nice to see more of a summary. This may or may not be a s--- post, but I'm lazy to read every post in every thread

 

Some nominations:

Noel - Needs out of Philly

Nurkic - Looks like he'll get no run unless there is an injury

Brandon Knight - only 24 but is definitely not the future for Phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Likely and need are two very different things. Are there any rumblings about nurkic at all?

Sure. But why can't we list both? There is talk of Denver wanting to trade Nurkic for a big that can defend the post. Granted there are no concrete rumors, oxymoron right there, but he's definitely someone that needs and would be likely traded if Denver can find someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Faried?

 

Denver has so many trade assets. They could either go for win now mode, or go for further rebuild mode. In a classic, classic stuck in the middle situation at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noel to portland, toronto or boston. portland gets the good deal here since toronto and boston can't pay noel for a big contract next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricky rubio is another name being thrown around quite a bit, would pave the way for dunn.

 

phoenix is dripping with young talent, wouldnt make sense for them to keep vets like chandler

 

bogut is another trade target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see Miami trading Dragic and embracing a rebuild. 

 

Suns might move Knight and Chandler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Likely and need are two very different things. Are there any rumblings about nurkic at all?

 

Usually what I do is type the player's name on Google and then click the News tab and you'll see the latest stuff.. then go on Twitter and put his name in the search and see what people are saying around twitter about him.

 

So far in terms of Nurkic there's a lot of people proposing trades to teams such as the Celtics in particular. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

 

Usually what I do is type the player's name on Google and then click the News tab and you'll see the latest stuff.. then go on Twitter and put his name in the search and see what people are saying around twitter about him.

 

So far in terms of Nurkic there's a lot of people proposing trades to teams such as the Celtics in particular. 

 

But those Google 'news' sources also feature loads of inquistr, BR type of clickbait articles. Twitter has too many fans posting their wacky scenarios as well. Best is to follow respected (beat)writers and check team message boards for reliable sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

But those Google 'news' sources also feature loads of inquistr, BR type of clickbait articles. Twitter has too many fans posting their wacky scenarios as well. Best is to follow respected (beat)writers and check team message boards for reliable sources.

 

realgm has team message boards that you can look into, twitter search also sifts through not just normal people but the beat writers (because their posts often get the most retweets/likes from fans of the team). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, those are the team message boards I mentioned. For the teams where realgm boards are too quiet, there are more popular alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the most likely ones have been covered, although Will Barton has also been tossed around recently as a potential target for a few teams, including the Pelicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Portland will try and go hard for Cousins but I don't think they have the assets to get him. Not that the Kings have ever made good decisions anyway tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoopking said:

Noel to portland, toronto or boston. portland gets the good deal here since toronto and boston can't pay noel for a big contract next year

 

Well Portland has a much higher payroll than Toronto or Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another that has been discussed in the news a bit lately but hasn't yet been mentioned is BG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I think Portland will try and go hard for Cousins but I don't think they have the assets to get him. Not that the Kings have ever made good decisions anyway tho

There is a chance that the Kings need a big trade offer since they can offer Cousins the best contract. Yeah we all know the Kings will never get anywhere with the dysfunction but they havent figured it out in 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt that Cousins is extremely talented.  However, he will become the alpha dog no matter where he goes.  I don't see a team like Portland with Lillard and McCollum as their team leaders and a strong young core moving in that direction.  I can see them trying to pick up a solid rim protector like Noel.  The Crabbe + ? for Noel + ? trade rumor makes a lot of sense for both teams.

 

Monta Ellis is another trade that makes sense. While he can be a prolific scorer, the Pacers cannot afford to play him and Teague together. GRIII and Stuckey continue to move him toward irrelevance.  While in the thick of the Eastern Conference race (yes, even with a losing record), their season has been a big disappointment based on expectations.  They need to find a defensive presence as a team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

There is no doubt that Cousins is extremely talented.  However, he will become the alpha dog no matter where he goes.  I don't see a team like Portland with Lillard and McCollum as their team leaders and a strong young core moving in that direction.  I can see them trying to pick up a solid rim protector like Noel.  The Crabbe + ? for Noel + ? trade rumor makes a lot of sense for both teams.

 

The only reason I think it might fit is Boogie could go there and be the alpha dog with no problems, Dame seems very mature and I don't think his or CJ's personalities would clash with Cousins at all. Lillard also seems to be friendly with him. On the court I think it would be exactly what they need too, but Noel is the more sensible and realistic option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In honesty what can POR offer the Kings that would make management feel like it is more value than signing Boogie to a new deal that they can probably get? The Kings need guards and a wing player. So they could move (value wise) Harkless, Plumlee, Crabbe, a low 1st round pick? I'm sure some other team in the league can offer better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JStyles said:

Another that has been discussed in the news a bit lately but hasn't yet been mentioned is BG.

Yeah, it's very possible. It's also something to note that CP wants to win.. and he probably knows that he can't do it with the Clippers. 

Speaking of the clippers, if they decide to break their core, Toronto would LOVE to have Deandre. But that's just me fantasizing about basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites