Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VelvetMerkin

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

Why do you think the Cavs are suddenly gonna 'try' so much more this season after they've already won a championship, when that was their biggest driver last season?

Please don't make silly arguments like 'oh, we weren't even trying', as it makes it very hard to take any of the stuff you say seriously. Thanks.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:31 AM, bballshinobi said:

Even if Raptors get Milsap, the Raptors are still a class below Cavs. Lowry, Milsap, and Derozan are all second tier stars who can't take over a playoff series the way superstars like Lebron, in-prime Dunca, or Shaq could.

I don't really disagree with your larger point, but I hate this talking point. Players "can't" until they do, then they're players that "can".

The no star 2004 Pistons couldn't beat the Laker superteam until they did.  Wade was a pretty good fifth overall pick until he took over for Caron Butler in a playoff series, then he was like we think of Lillard now, but wasn't really good enough to the best player on a championship team until suddenly he was.  Steph Curry wasn't going to challenge Jordan for maybe the best offensive season ever until he did.

I agree I don't see the Raps winning but you never know what players can be together until it's after the fact. Then everyone scrambles to be among the first to say they saw all the signs ahead of time.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:43 PM, Apollo_87 said:

Why do you think the Cavs are suddenly gonna 'try' so much more this season after they've already won a championship, when that was their biggest driver last season?

Please don't make silly arguments like 'oh, we weren't even trying', as it makes it very hard to take any of the stuff you say seriously. Thanks.

Lebron's newest drive is to chase that ghost in Chicago (he's even said this).  You better believe he wants to take down GS who wussd out and acquired one of the best players on the planet, too.

On 1/9/2017 at 5:40 AM, summersoff7 said:

Lebron's newest drive is to chase that ghost in Chicago (he's even said this).  You better believe he wants to take down GS who wussd out and acquired one of the best players on the planet, too.

kyle korver sucks

if that Melo for Love trade happens that would be great. I actually think for Love's fantasy value I'd be happy.

What about the deron Williams deal to cave? Surely that will mean must own yogi Ferrell?  

3 hours ago, Xmantt said:

What about the deron Williams deal to cave? Surely that will mean must own yogi Ferrell?  

no way that's happening

3 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Only three weeks away from potentially dropping Brandon Knight. 

What situation that he gets traded to could be better? Lol the guy is trash and aint starting anywhere. Easy drop in 12 teamers.

4 hours ago, ROTY said:

What situation that he gets traded to could be better? Lol the guy is trash and aint starting anywhere. Easy drop in 12 teamers.

Kings would be the best bet but would probably need Collison to head back to Suns or go elsewhere if you expand it beyond two teams.  A team like the Magic might be good for him (even though they have Payton, Vogel is a dumb*** with managing his players' PT at time) and I think he could still see 24-27 minutes at least in Orlando.  I would have said Philly but McConnell has actually be solid and is probably a better fit for them anyways.  Dallas potentially but DWill would have to get dealt and they'd probably need to either drop Yogi or move Barea as well.  A team like the Spurs could use Knight but I don't think he's a good fit there and they have 3 PGs anyways.  There aren't a ton of options for Knight, but there are a couple that could lead to some value.

9 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Kings would be the best bet but would probably need Collison to head back to Suns or go elsewhere if you expand it beyond two teams.  A team like the Magic might be good for him (even though they have Payton, Vogel is a dumb*** with managing his players' PT at time) and I think he could still see 24-27 minutes at least in Orlando.  I would have said Philly but McConnell has actually be solid and is probably a better fit for them anyways.  Dallas potentially but DWill would have to get dealt and they'd probably need to either drop Yogi or move Barea as well.  A team like the Spurs could use Knight but I don't think he's a good fit there and they have 3 PGs anyways.  There aren't a ton of options for Knight, but there are a couple that could lead to some value.

so basically nowhere?

Well the first domino for February trades has fallen with the Bucks trade. Trade season is always one of my favorite times of the year, I can't wait to see what moves will happen that shake up the landscape.

14 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

Well the first domino for February trades has fallen with the Bucks trade. Trade season is always one of my favorite times of the year, I can't wait to see what moves will happen that shake up the landscape.

Technically true but relatively I don't think Miles Plumee, Roy Hibbert, and Spencer Hawes sum up to half a "dominoe"

17 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Technically true but relatively I don't think Miles Plumee, Roy Hibbert, and Spencer Hawes sum up to half a "dominoe"

You're right. Add up all of their minutes per game together and you get maybe one solid starter.. yeah about half a domino sounds right lol

What the hell were the Hornets thinking trading for a 2p/g 1reb/g player with 4 years and ~60 mil owed.

40 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

Hopefully we'll get a trade deadline day like the one two years ago when everything was calm that morning and then suddenly the internet exploded. That was fun.  

12 hours ago, ROTY said:

His stats from he last two seasons would suggest otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

Hopefully we'll get a trade deadline day like the one two years ago when everything was calm that morning and then suddenly the internet exploded. That was fun.  

That was the absolute best. People could just F5 Woj's twitter for the incoming Wojbombs

So many bigs on the market.

Monroe

Vooch

Ibaka

Nurkic

Noel

Chandler

I feel like the trades won't happen till the deadline cause it is a buyer's market and no team really needs these centers.

Did i miss anyone?

30 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

So many bigs on the market.

Monroe

Vooch

Ibaka

Nurkic

Noel

Chandler

I feel like the trades won't happen till the deadline cause it is a buyer's market and no team really needs these centers.

Did i miss anyone?

Talk of even Bogut to a playoff team for rim protection. I would also add Okafor as well.

Did anyone hear the rumor of Cousins to Suns for Picks, TJ Warren and Len? Apparently, Cousins wants to play with Bledsoe because they played together at Kentucky. If you are the Kings you probably don't want to get more picks considering Vlade is an idiot.

1 hour ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Did anyone hear the rumor of Cousins to Suns for Picks, TJ Warren and Len? Apparently, Cousins wants to play with Bledsoe because they played together at Kentucky. If you are the Kings you probably don't want to get more picks considering Vlade is an idiot.

Not sure why the Kings would make that trade...Warren is aight, Len has shown flashes but is nothing special...i think Suns would be stupid not to try and get Booker for Cousins, but he's probably "untouchable".    

ibaka has to be traded as he is going to walk and they get nothing

nice one orlando dipo and sabonis for 1 year of ibaka yikes