Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VelvetMerkin

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

6 hours ago, arbitraryrating said:

Ya'll need to get into leagues with FAAB waivers.  I mean its awful watching everyone scramble to decide which hot takes to follow and whether to make adds before the deadline that could preclude other better adds.  Tonight is a bid night so its not like FAAB removes the need to make a decision promptly, but I just witnessed a ton of chaos on message boards completely driven by First Come First Served FA pools. Yikes.

Full disclosure, I used to be a FCFS FA truther and thought my league mates just imposed FAAB to slow me down cause I'm a news hound, but its really a fantastic way to handle add/drops and I wouldn't go back fwiw.

How does this work with streaming tho? I usually add a player the day of to stream, espicially on Sundays.

1 minute ago, awesomeace said:

How does this work with streaming tho? I usually add a player the day of to stream, espicially on Sundays.

It pretty much eliminates streaming...

4 minutes ago, CFN said:

That would pretty much eliminate 3/4 of my pickups but I also won at least 3 or 4 categories on Sunday solely due to streaming.

7 hours ago, CFN said:

7 hours ago, awesomeace said:

That would pretty much eliminate 3/4 of my pickups but I also won at least 3 or 4 categories on Sunday solely due to streaming.

Yes, it basically serves to block streaming in the truest sense, but over time you get into the rhythm.  It takes away adding a guy on Sunday just to win a category, but it doesn't remove the ability to look at schedule and add a guy a few days before Sunday when you see how the matchup is going.  It also basically renders moot the guy you add for one game because a starter has a minor injury or is resting - which I have come to enjoy - but it does not stop owners from grabbing a guy for a short term stint of production or a nice shooting streak, which can always turn into more. 

The thing is - it removes the need to rush to the wire the second news hits, which is not practical for many working people, and it makes add/drop only a 4 out of 7 day a week job.

17 hours ago, arbitraryrating said:

Ya'll need to get into leagues with FAAB waivers.  I mean its awful watching everyone scramble to decide which hot takes to follow and whether to make adds before the deadline that could preclude other better adds.  Tonight is a bid night so its not like FAAB removes the need to make a decision promptly, but I just witnessed a ton of chaos on message boards completely driven by First Come First Served FA pools. Yikes.

Full disclosure, I used to be a FCFS FA truther and thought my league mates just imposed FAAB to slow me down cause I'm a news hound, but its really a fantastic way to handle add/drops and I wouldn't go back fwiw.

My league started doing that like 7-8 years ago and no one would ever want to go back.  We're all across the country, at the very least, and sometimes across the globe.  It made no sense for the guy in Hawaii or Japan to have the jump on the guy in New York simply because the NYC would be asleep when [insert West Coast player here] got injured and by the time he woke up, Hawaii or Japan had already added the replacement beneficiary.