ST. STEVEN

Walker Buehler SP-LAD

5 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Dodgers have treated him with kid gloves since TJ surgery. What we need to watch is if he can hold his velocity and stuff as he extends deeper into games. He's only going around 50 pitches right now. Is he still tossing 96-97mph at 75 pitches? 95 pitches? those are the questions he needs to answer as they ramp his workload up through the year.

Well said. It's all about proving it now over the full year. But I'm giddy, his stuff reminds me of Corey Kluber.

Dominant as usual, 3IP-1H-0ER-0BB-3K with 4 groundouts to 1 flyout. 

His season line is 9IP-4H-0ER-1BB-15Ks

He needs to go to AA

4 hours ago, 12to6 said:

How about he pitch deeper into games first.

The Dodgers are being extra cautious with him this year.  He's going to probably continue pitching just 3 innings for awhile.

On 4/22/2017 at 6:00 PM, Tayne said:

The Dodgers are being extra cautious with him this year.  He's going to probably continue pitching just 3 innings for awhile.

Right, I get that, but let's see him pitch deeper into games before anointing him the next coming.

• Like 1

Early start today to follow. Time to take the kid gloves off and let him pitch. 

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I don't care how good he is.  First and foremost he needs to change his first name to something more pitcher-friendly.

I anticipate another good outing today by Striker Buehler.

• Like 1

Not bad a bad outing today.  Few more starts and he will be up to 5 innings per appearance Im sure. 

On 4/18/2017 at 3:01 PM, JohnR said:

serious question lol  i keep going back and forth after each others starts

SWIM knows the minor league coach, and this is a not quite verbatim (but in essence) quote:

"mitch is so much better than walker"

Take it for what it is worth. Probably not the thread to say this in though, lol. Not intended as shade.

Walker off to a good start this year.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

SWIM knows the minor league coach, and this is a not quite verbatim (but in essence) quote:

Take it for what it is worth. Probably not the thread to say this in though, lol. Not intended as shade.

Lolz.. Some ol' SWIM action..

I can't wait for Walker to get to Tulsa.. and I'd imagine its going to be before June.. with the way he's pitching. The Dodgers farm system has just been churning out studs left and right, I think Walker will be one of those guys if he stays healthy. The reports from ST (the backfields) and the performance so far is super encouraging.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JenksDodger said:

Lolz.. Some ol' SWIM action..

I can't wait for Walker to get to Tulsa.. and I'd imagine its going to be before June.. with the way he's pitching. The Dodgers farm system has just been churning out studs left and right, I think Walker will be one of those guys if he stays healthy. The reports from ST (the backfields) and the performance so far is super encouraging.. 

Agreed. Embarrassment of riches. I think a few of the prospects are almost bound to get dealt, though.

Probably someone like Verdugo.

Bummer about Forsythe's toe, but I still think that deal makes sense too.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Agreed. Embarrassment of riches. I think a few of the prospects are almost bound to get dealt, though.

Probably someone like Verdugo.

Bummer about Forsythe's toe, but I still think that deal makes sense too.

Absolutely man. Appreciate you sharing your inside info! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I really can't wait for Buehler to go up levels and show who's what

Looks like they've increased his pitch count from 50s to 60s. Decent outing today, 3.2ip-3h-1er-2bb-8ks, but the K's are nice. 

44 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Promoted to AA. 

Just saw this and went and picked him up. 

Klaw was the first I noticed that suggested he could have his innings severely clipped this year--mostly for preservation purposes, but also because the Dodgers want him to pitch 1-2 inning stints outta the big league pen come Sept and maybe Oct...

28 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

What does this mean for his ETA?

I'd be surprised if he came up this year. I'm in a keeper league. 

Awesome! I'll be seeing him within the next 2 weeks and should be able to post a pretty detailed report. Excited to see him in Tulsa. 

• Like 6