ST. STEVEN

Walker Buehler SP-LAD

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Now you did it.  You made Jacob deGrom cry.

Let's not forget Fulmer. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jdbob11 said:

Well they are all in the AL, soooooooo.

12 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Now you did it.  You made Jacob deGrom cry.

lol, I didn't put much thought into it jdbob, looks like I'm an idjit. But still there will be plenty of offensive talent in the NL coming up too. Acuna?

1 hour ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Friend in Cali got an inside scope ~ 8/2 call up ..... I own stock n just shat myself ?

Please be true...

55 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Just to be clear, it will be as a reliever, not a starter.

Anything that gets him into the ESPN player pool. I've been sitting on the #1 waiver claim all season.

• Like 4

Just finished his AAA debut - 3 runs on 3 walks and 2 hits. Did not record an out before getting pulled.

In his last AA game, he pitched 3 awesome innings, then walked the bases loaded to start the 4th and gave up 4 earned runs.

Something's not right with him at the moment. Hopefully it will be a quick fix and isn't an injury or anything.

5 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Friend in Cali got an inside scope ~ 8/2 call up ..... I own stock n just shat myself ?

I hope this is true! as Sparty said he was on a roll during his last AA start then ran in to trouble in the 4th. Tonight at AAA he got rocked and didn't record an out. I really hope he isn't hurt and he can right this ship before the dodgers start thinking this is a bad idea. Everybody will have some bad games but this is not like him. 

1 hour ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Just finished his AAA debut - 3 runs on 3 walks and 2 hits. Did not record an out before getting pulled.

In his last AA game, he pitched 3 awesome innings, then walked the bases loaded to start the 4th and gave up 4 earned runs.

Something's not right with him at the moment. Hopefully it will be a quick fix and isn't an injury or anything.

Hopefully it's a fluke thing because he pitched 3 great innings his last AA start and struggled in the 4th inning. Not sure what to make of tonight but he needs to come out firing his next appearance so we don't have to worry. 

13 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Personally, I hope they shut him down after August. None of this bullpen crap. Let him be fresh to go next year. 

I'll be happy if he just throws one ML pitch this season (CSB about league settings, If he throws one pitch I can keep him..if not he goes back into the player pool and can be drafted next year).

heres an article from CBS today

The moment got the best of the Dodgers' top prospect. "I just didn't make pitches, man," Buehler said. "I felt like I could have and just didn't," he told Jacob Unruh of NewsOK.com. Fortunately, even though Buehler failed to record an out in his highly-anticipated Triple-A debut, it was just due to poor execution and not an injury. Even after this ugly outing, Buehler still boasts a 3.44 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and 91:23 K:BB in 65.1 innings across High-A, Double-A and Triple-A this season. He will remain in the rotation at Oklahoma City for now, but could earn a promotion to join either the big-league rotation or bullpen if he can right the ship against Pacific Coast League hitters.

i was worried something might be hurting him so I'm relieved he is ok. Hopefully he comes out gunning next appearance. 

• Like 1

What are the odds he gets the call now?  With Kershaw out for 1.5 months?  Dodgers have a nice cushion so in theory he could make a few starts while Kershaw is on the shelf then go to the bullpen?  

Is that too wild of a scenario?

18 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

What are the odds he gets the call now?  With Kershaw out for 1.5 months?  Dodgers have a nice cushion so in theory he could make a few starts while Kershaw is on the shelf then go to the bullpen?  

Is that too wild of a scenario?

He needs to get over this little speed bump of control problems he's having in the minors before they could really consider that.

Even then, he's been on a strict pitch count limit and only throwing 4-5 innings per start, so I still think the bullpen is the more likely destination.

On 7/20/2017 at 7:53 PM, amcsoldier said:

Anything that gets him into the ESPN player pool. I've been sitting on the #1 waiver claim all season.

Right? ESPN is awful at keeping their player pool current.

Big start for Walker tonight. 2 rough outings in a row so hopefully he shows what he can really do tonight. 

Prediction for tonight:

5 innings  3 hits 1 ER 1 BB 6 K's 

Finished with 5 IP, 9K, 2 BB, 1 H, 1 ER. Leadoff guy tripled and scored and after that he didn't allow a hit.

Back to the Walker Buehler we know and love and want to see get promoted ASAP.

Edited by SpartyOn4
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Finished with 5 IP, 9K, 2 BB, 1 H, 1 ER. Leadoff guy tripled and scored and after that he didn't allow a hit.

Back to the Walker Buehler we know and love and want to see get promoted ASAP.

Im glad to see he bounced back in a big way. I checked the scoreboard and saw Reno scored 5 runs in the 6th and got scared Buehler got crushed but they took him out after 5. 

i hope they bring him up for the stretch run. 

Buehler threw 5 shutout innings tonight at AAA with 6 K, 1 BB, 3 H.

More importantly, he did not get traded to Texas.

• Like 3

Now that the trade deadline is behind us and Buehler is staying with LAD, is there an update on whether he will get called up this year (starter or bullpen)? In light of the Dervish acquisition and the likely desire to cap his innings, a bullpen appearance seems to be the more likely option. 

1 hour ago, amcsoldier said:

Now that the trade deadline is behind us and Buehler is staying with LAD, is there an update on whether he will get called up this year (starter or bullpen)? In light of the Dervish acquisition and the likely desire to cap his innings, a bullpen appearance seems to be the more likely option. 

Seems unlikely he would be anything but a RP barring an injury for this season.

Didn't LA add a couple RP as well as Darvish? I know they got Cingrani. TO me it's looking like less of a chance for him to be called up at all.

• Like 1