ST. STEVEN

Walker Buehler SP-LAD

couple more scoreless appearances.  Wonder if he's called up the day rosters expand?  I know he'd need to be added to the 40 man but I'm sure they could find someone to DFA. 

For me, if they didn't plan on debuting him in the bullpen they wouldn't have shifted him there in AAA. His future is definitely as a starter, so I absolutely believe he'll be coming up shortly, if not tomorrow. Can't imagine they'd shift him to the bullpen now if they planned on bringing him up next season.

Just to echo @Dark One, there's only one reason to shift him to the pen: 2017. Their plan has been transparent, even if statements from management have not been. He appeared in consecutive games (something I was waiting to see before getting too excited) for the first Tuesday and Wednesday... which happened to be right before rosters expand tomorrow...

PhijPZB.jpg

Edited by amcsoldier
  • Like 2

I have 9 days left to pick this guy up off waivers in an ESPN league before our rosters lock for the playoffs.  Anybody hear if this guy is getting a call up?  I have #1 waiver priority and he would be a nice add to my dynasty league.  ESPN won't add him until he pitches in a game.

Edited by TheBoatmen
  • Like 1

I'm in the same boat as @TheBoatmen... 9/10 is the FA deadline... I imagine others have similar FA cutoffs around their fantasy playoffs... so I guess we are rooting for OKC to lose from here on out!

18 hours ago, amcsoldier said:

I'm in the same boat as @TheBoatmen... 9/10 is the FA deadline... I imagine others have similar FA cutoffs around their fantasy playoffs... so I guess we are rooting for OKC to lose from here on out!

I'm in the same boat, season ends Sept 17.  I think ESPN does 5 day waivers for added players. 

Looking at the standings, it looks like they're already out.  Maybe he gets the call on Tuesday after their season ends?  I can't imagine the Dodgers would let him sit idle for more than a couple days without a call.

Since he's likely to pitch out of the bullpen, it's hard for me to get too excited.  Obviously he's really good, but in a league where you can't keep bunches of players, I don't see myself picking up a relief pitcher.

9 hours ago, hypeiz4real said:

I'm in the same boat, season ends Sept 17.  I think ESPN does 5 day waivers for added players. 

Looking at the standings, it looks like they're already out.  Maybe he gets the call on Tuesday after their season ends?  I can't imagine the Dodgers would let him sit idle for more than a couple days without a call.

Any hope I have left is hinging on this logic. If LAD is serious about using him out of the pen, and rosters have expanded, and the AAA season ends Monday... there's no longer incentive to wait. 

But, next question: what if he's called up on Tuesday but doesn't make his first big-league appearance until days later? Does ESPN add him on the day he's called up, or the day he pitches? I've seen it go both ways. I highly suggest we all bombard ESPN with emails on the day he's called up.

28 minutes ago, amcsoldier said:

Any hope I have left is hinging on this logic. If LAD is serious about using him out of the pen, and rosters have expanded, and the AAA season ends Monday... there's no longer incentive to wait. 

But, next question: what if he's called up on Tuesday but doesn't make his first big-league appearance until days later? Does ESPN add him on the day he's called up, or the day he pitches? I've seen it go both ways. I highly suggest we all bombard ESPN with emails on the day he's called up.

ESPN would normally add him the day after he is added and would sit on waivers for 2 dsys depending on your league settings.  Basically he needs to pitch on Wednesday or before.  It's not looking good.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:50 PM, KilloWertz said:

Since he's likely to pitch out of the bullpen, it's hard for me to get too excited.  Obviously he's really good, but in a league where you can't keep bunches of players, I don't see myself picking up a relief pitcher.

Or for us in dynasty leagues in general and at Yahoo in particular we have the problem of one of our prospects like Buhler being called up to sit in the bullpen for middle relief (groan) thus sitting in an NA slot but no longer an NA player but not really being a contributor in a real sense.  We have to either drop someone off our team who is actually helping our team now to make room for him on the active roster or block any ability to make moves because if you have someone in an NA slot (or DL slot as well) who no longer meets that requirement you cannot make any roster moves until you decide to either add him to the roster or drop him.

This drives me crazy.  I need to keep Buhler on my dynasty team obviously but I need to make some moves too and I don't have anyone to really drop either.  Add in this is also the team I already activated Rhys Hoskins on dropping my one expendable player for this year's run and now not just Buhler soon but Ryan McMahon right now who is also blocking any moves and is just a bench bat in September for the Rockies (groan). 

Yahoo's default trade deadline has passed too and the commish in this league just goes along with their settings so no room to maneuver.  Sigh.

I so wish fantasy baseball platforms had the ability to expand their fantasy rosters several players in September as well.  But all they really care about in September is their big money sport, fantasy football.  Grrrr.  (End of my Yahoo rant.  It's been awhile between Yahoo rants.  It felt good to get one in again).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

If you're in a keeper league where the format makes it viable to keep him, great.  Otherwise, no real reason to get excited since he's not starting.

Excited to see him pitch. I'm sitting on a low waiver spot - 13th in a 16 team dynasty - so I was selfishly hoping he would make it to next year's draft (thanks ESPN player pool). Hopefully everyone in my league either doesn't have the room on their playoff team or has lost interest and moved onto football...

• Like 1

I just got off chat with ESPN.  They will still add players to the player pool the next morning if they play the night before.  However when I asked why somebody like Dillon Peters has not been added since he started last week.  They responded players are added 1 day after they play.  When I asked if he would be added soon they responded with players are added 1 day after.  I think I was talking with a robot.  I am not holding my breath that there will be any more adds this year by ESPN.

• Like 2

Thanks @TheBoatmen. Guaranteed that was a robot you were talking to. My company has a similar program. Our best bet is emailing or filling out the help/comments forms. Those are read and responded to by humans. Times may have changed but I've seen success in emailing to them for player adds in years past. Everybody email them every day!

That, or just pray to the Dynasty Gods that he pitches no later than Friday (so we can add him before rosters lock next Monday). 

26 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

I just got off chat with ESPN.  They will still add players to the player pool the next morning if they play the night before.  However when I asked why somebody like Dillon Peters has not been added since he started last week.  They responded players are added 1 day after they play.  When I asked if he would be added soon they responded with players are added 1 day after.  I think I was talking with a robot.  I am not holding my breath that there will be any more adds this year by ESPN.

Same thing happened with Brandon Woodruff. Debuted on a Friday evening. Wasn't added until early the following next week.

15 minutes ago, amcsoldier said:

Thanks @TheBoatmen. Guaranteed that was a robot you were talking to. My company has a similar program. Our best bet is emailing or filling out the help/comments forms. Those are read and responded to by humans. Times may have changed but I've seen success in emailing to them for player adds in years past. Everybody email them every day!

That, or just pray to the Dynasty Gods that he pitches no later than Friday (so we can add him before rosters lock next Monday). 

If you want him before Monday roster lock, I would be praying for a Wednesday or Thursday debut. I wouldn't count them adding Friday debuts to the player pool over the weekend.

A bit of a tangent here but Ricardo Rodriguez RP for Rangers has been up for a month, 7.2 IP and a save and is still not in the system, or am I crazy? 

ESPN just gave up down the stretch. 

6 hours ago, TheBoatmen said:

He is pitching in the 8th, start emailing ESPN!

I just did, and will do so again many times today. Also, call!

1-888-549-3776