Topgun

Eduardo Nunez 2017 Outlook

Maybe the Giants are the ones to blame, but seriously?  You report that Nunez stopped his rehab 2 hours before the game you last said he was supposed to be activated for?  Not directed towards anyone on here, but I wish I didn't have to work so I could sit here all day long and wait to see if he was in the lineup or not and then take him back out.  Way to go....

3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Maybe the Giants are the ones to blame, but seriously?  You report that Nunez stopped his rehab 2 hours before the game you last said he was supposed to be activated for?  Not directed towards anyone on here, but I wish I didn't have to work so I could sit here all day long and wait to see if he was in the lineup or not and then take him back out.  Way to go....

lol

blame yourself bud---  without checking MiLB and see what type of work Nunez did down in the minors 

1 hour ago, the real donny baseball said:

You're supposed to that and post it.

I did..... He played one game on June 30th today is July 4th

10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

He's supposed to be activated today, but it's still odd that nobody reported anything since he started his rehab assignment.  Given that there's a lot of afternoon games today and I will be at work, I'm activating him regardless.

looked at MiLB.com

he only played one game in the minors that was on June 30th

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Why are you even so concerned about his status? If you were counting on him to be in your lineup then you have way bigger problems to worry about

4 hours ago, cs3 said:

Why are you even so concerned about his status? If you were counting on him to be in your lineup then you have way bigger problems to worry about

Why wouldn't I be?  Nunez was one of the better SS in fantasy before he went on the DL, and plenty valuable given the state of SB's.

6 hours ago, shakestreet said:

lol

blame yourself bud---  without checking MiLB and see what type of work Nunez did down in the minors 

My post was out of frustration at the time, but I'm not sure why it's being mocked.  It's true that it should have been reported that he shut down his rehab after his first game long before 2 hours before today's game.  A lot of people don't check MiLB, nor should they have to in a situation like this.

I could understand the responses to my post if it was actually reported that there was any doubt he was going to be activated today, but there was nothing since he was going to start his rehab.

Rumor is he's on the trading block. Anyone have any news on the rumors? Red Sox were a name tossed around. I'm assuming to have him play 3rd? I have him riding my bench and would love to get some motivation on holding him there. 

Edited by Bradtcrisp

Well, I guess he'll be lucky to get regular playing time anymore then now that Devers is up.  I know he'll play SS and the OF some, but really enough to play everyday?  That is unless they send Devers right back down again.

Edited by KilloWertz

I dropped Nunez last year when he was traded from the Twins and he started to lose playing time, but he seemed to return to fantasy relevance pretty quickly.  The BOS lineup is clearly more stacked than the SF lineup, but there's no guarantee Devers hits, and injuries happen, so I'm going to hold him as a bench bat for a little while.  Rough for those of us who need his SB upside with a safe average, though.

1 minute ago, tonycpsu said:

I dropped Nunez last year when he was traded from the Twins and he started to lose playing time, but he seemed to return to fantasy relevance pretty quickly.  The BOS lineup is clearly more stacked than the SF lineup, but there's no guarantee Devers hits, and injuries happen, so I'm going to hold him as a bench bat for a little while.  Rough for those of us who need his SB upside with a safe average, though.

If he gets everyday playing time, the trade is ok.  I only see that happening if Devers gets sent back down though.  I don't see them giving one of their players a day off every game.

It would really suck if he doesn't as he was a Top 5-ish SS this season before his DL stint because of his hamstring issues.  I could have traded him recently, but held onto him.

Nunez could end up splitting time between LF and 3B. Which means Benintendi and Devers will lose at bats vs all lefties.

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

You guys act like Devers is the second coming

Red Sox didn't move players for a backup

he will play

Devers back down

Maybe I was just overreacting, or maybe I'm still shellshocked from the Giants/Pirates game.

Or is Devers the second coming?  Hmmm... ;)

I think this is a pretty significant boost to his fantasy value. I understand that Devers has the prospect hype but he was playing at AA last month. You don't make a move for a guy like Nunez to sit him on a bench behind a prospect for a stretch run. I think he will see starts 75-85% of the time primarily at 3B but also can see him giving Benintendi and Bradley Jr. a day off here or there - and I think he hits in the top of the lineup. Only question for me is if he will get the green light as often but run scoring and RBI opportunities should increase - not to mention the move to a highly favorable hitters park / division.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

I think this is a pretty significant boost to his fantasy value. I understand that Devers has the prospect hype but he was playing at AA last month. You don't make a move for a guy like Nunez to sit him on a bench behind a prospect for a stretch run. I think he will see starts 75-85% of the time primarily at 3B but also can see him giving Benintendi and Bradley Jr. a day off here or there - and I think he hits in the top of the lineup. Only question for me is if he will get the green light as often but run scoring and RBI opportunities should increase - not to mention the move to a highly favorable hitters park / division.

It will be interesting to see where they put him in the lineup, as I'm not sure if they really want to move Betts back into the middle of the order or not.  That will determine how much of a fantasy boost he gets.

I would think they would give him the green light as often as he wants to run since that's his best attribute.  He hits for a solid average, but still, he's a base stealer.  They let Betts run a decent amount.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

What the hell?  That is way WAY too much for Nunez.

Yep, considering they had devers already up... but you know red sox want to win NOW, even if it means burning team up in the future into black hole.

Yeah probably fake.  The Rotoworld blurb doesn't quote the tweet on who was going to SF.  They said:

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal confirms that Eduardo Nunez has been traded to the Red Sox.

Nunez was lifted in the fifth inning Tuesday night at AT&T Park and the Giants' television broadcast showed him sharing hugs with his teammates in the dugout. Now we know where the 30-year-old third baseman is headed. Nunez was 1-for-2 with two RBI and two runs scored in his final game with the Giants on Tuesday night against the Pirates. He's slashing .308/.334/.417 with four home runs and 18 stolen bases in 76 games this season. San Francisco will get a pair of minor league pitchers in return.

If a couple of minor league pitchers that means Chavis was NOT moved and two pitchers pretty much means Groome wasn't moved.  Groome alone would be overpaying for a rental utility infielder.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Groome and Chavis would be too much even if Nunez was on an affordable contract for the next 3 years. For a rental, oof.

I'm guessing that was inaccurate.

If they did indeed move Jason Groome

I wouldn't worry much about playing time

would be nice for Groome owners

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

Every time a trade rumor comes up, there is infinite fake Rosenthal accounts on twitter making up BS. I also saw one saying Devers was involved. It is really annoying how many people take joy in making up these fake rumors on fake accounts.

• Like 1