Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

"Battle at Kruger" Video

"A battle between a pride of lions, a herd of buffalo, and 2 crocodiles at a watering hole in South Africa's Kruger National Park while on safari."

Pretty sick video.

Pretty sick video.

Nature at its finest! There's going to be a special soon on the National Geographic Channel about the attack in the video.

Nature at its finest! There's going to be a special soon on the National Geographic Channel about the attack in the video.

I always like tuneing into stuff like that its pretty interesting if you really think about it.

I always like tuneing into stuff like that its pretty interesting if you really think about it.

I pretty much just watch sports & nature programs (animals & science). It's interesting to me, since I just perceive animal behavior as a reflection of human psychology.

For ex., Bronson Arroyo is my worst pitcher on my main team. I can't cut him since he is a name, so I hope he comes back this season like that buffalo calf, LMAO!!!

Seen this video a while ago (it's got 23 million views after all).

But a note. National Geographic is having a special on this video on May 11th. I believe they may have additional footage that wasn't on the Youtube video.

Seen this video a while ago (it's got 23 million views after all).

But a note. National Geographic is having a special on this video on May 11th. I believe they may have additional footage that wasn't on the Youtube video.

Thanks for noting the air-date. I've seen the commercial for the special, but couldn't recall when it would air.

Cool video but i'm pretty sure there is a thread on it already.

Cool video but i'm pretty sure there is a thread on it already.

I just looked through the last 5 pages and didnt see anything

That was epic though. That thing went flying

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...attle+at+kruger

Lol the thread was titled "Battle At Kruger". Like I said I thought it was a cool video but I don't understand all the hype. I've heard it mentioned on a few different shows, but what makes it so much different than other stuff on animal planet or national geographic?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...attle+at+kruger

Lol the thread was titled "Battle At Kruger". Like I said I thought it was a cool video but I don't understand all the hype. I've heard it mentioned on a few different shows, but what makes it so much different than other stuff on animal planet or national geographic?

It's really about the idea that tourists happened to capture this attack. And it's rare to see 2 species of predators go after the same prey in the same attack. While I have seen a buffalo herd fight back to save a member from an attack, I've not seen such a large scale effort. But really it's about the life & death drama, which is always compelling. It's also meant to be inspiring due to the outcome. I look forward to the special on TV.