jwblue

Max Scherzer 2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, Damn Yankee said:

SaaaaWeeeeeeeT!!!

Well that is a good sign. Not sure I believe it but I will take it

Thu, Mar 16

Max Scherzer (finger) is expected to make his Grapefruit League debut on Wednesday.

Advice: "We'll take the training wheels off," pitching coach Mike Maddux told reporters Thursday, after watching Scherzer throw 54 pitches over three innings in a minor league game. The reigning NL Cy Young Award winner had been experimenting with a three-finger grip designed to alleviate some of the pressure on his fractured right ring finger, but he used his normal two-finger grip on Thursday and felt fine. Scherzer should be ready to start one of the Nationals' first five regular-season games. And he might still be in play for Opening Day.

Released him too soon?

Hmm so where I people drafting him now with the positive updated?? Is he bumped back up to the 2nd so only behind Clayton?? 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I would put him behind Kershaw again, but Thor is close. I know that Scherzer dropped blow Thor and Bum on Yahoo.

I think the one thing that stil seperares Thor from the elite is workload at this point but that's it. That's the only reason I question taking Thor over the other 2.  

38 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I think the one thing that stil seperares Thor from the elite is workload at this point but that's it. That's the only reason I question taking Thor over the other 2.  

Same here. If you told me that Thor, Bum, and Sale would throw the same (or similar) amount of innings this season, I would unequivocally take Thor. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

Scherzer is looking pretty good. Not the Mets' strongest line up, but still good nonetheless. Any idea what his FB velocity is tonight? I wish MLB.TV was showing the game.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Scherzer is looking pretty good. Not the Mets' strongest line up, but still good nonetheless. Any idea what his FB velocity is tonight? I wish MLB.TV was showing the game.

Scherzer goes 96, 97, 97 to strike out Tebow on 3 pitches.

Edited by Jeremy Shockey

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

Scherzer goes 96, 97, 97 to strike out Tebow on 3 pitches.

He could have probably thrown 80 and it would have worked. 

But that's wicked. I have exactly 0 Scherzer shares, but would love to have him as my SP1. Dude is filthy. 

22 minutes ago, Beakman said:

I must say I did NOT see that coming.

Max did it to himself.  Both HR batter was clearly sitting on the fast ball.  Second hr was almost like he hit guess pitch on MLB the show.  

Is any1 else kind of dissapointed with Max's start to the year?? Am I just crazy??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Is any1 else kind of dissapointed with Max's start to the year?? Am I just crazy??

He's fine,  just made 2 mistake pitches tonight To the same guy , with the same pitch, in the same location.  

Could have been a gem easily

23 minutes ago, chud12 said:

still sub 3 ERA lots of K's

yep you're crazy