parrothead

Domingo Santana 2017 Outlook

On 6/13/2017 at 1:02 PM, mtblock said:

game. Yeah, Broxton is toast. Not only could he not get at bats with Braun out, they brought up and have

Agree with this - too good to drop for the HR+SB potential in a good Brewers lineup. I would only drop if he stops getting consistent ABs (which may happen when Braun comes back, though unlikely I think).

one of my favorite pastimes these days is clicking his gray news thing and scanning the 0fers.  It's gray because there's nothing to report because this guy is hot dog s---.

Edited by crotchcrickets

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

one of my favorite pastimes these days is clicking his gray news thing and scanning the 0fers.  It's gray because there's nothing to report because this guy is hot dog s---.

30th ranked OF on the season in OBP leagues with the 47th most ABs among outfielders. 

Pleasantly surprised by what Domingo has brought to the table this year.  Not turning 25 until August, if he can keep up his improved plate discipline he's got a chance to be a real fine fantasy asset heading into his prime.

Edited by BigPapi44

Finished with a huge game.  That was enough (to go along with the rest of his hot streak) to get me back on board.  I traded him when he slumped, but I traded for him back again and I won't make the same mistake again.  I know he'll have another slump at some point, but his overall numbers are still quite good and this rebound has shown me enough.

It's hard not to like what we are seeing. He's not a superstar, but he has demonstrated the ability to hit for power and average, take walks and even steal a few bases. If he keeps doing what he's doing, that's a valuable player. Given his youth, there sure seems to be room for growth. I think 25/15 with a decent average and OBP is realistic for this year. There will be some ugly slumps to weather, but I think the upside is worth it. 

On 6/20/2017 at 8:34 PM, MugsyBogues said:

Is the party over? I never know when to leave. 

Lol. The party's just getting started. 

.270/.350/.500/15 HR/6 SB

.290/.380/.490/14 HR/9 SB 

which is Domingo and which is J Upton?

Reminds me of Marcel Ozuna 2.0.  Could be on a similar path power wise with a little more speed to boot.

What's the ceiling/floor for this guy ROS?  He's been peaking my interest and has creeped into Top 20 Of rankings in my 12-team H2H otw league.

Is he a no brainer to take a flier on?

9 minutes ago, xMortons said:

What's the ceiling/floor for this guy ROS?  He's been peaking my interest and has creeped into Top 20 Of rankings in my 12-team H2H otw league.

You mean in a trade right?  There's NO WAY this guy is available on the WW in a 12-team league...unless it's a 1 or 2 OF league.

47 minutes ago, xMortons said:

Disregarding any discussion of numbers, he's hitting 2 through 5 every day in one of the better offensive ballparks in baseball. Every league is different, but the number of leagues where this guy shouldn't be owned is very very small.

1 hour ago, xMortons said:

unless you're playing in a 1 OF league, it would seem to me that yes, a top 20 ranked OF on the season would be worth a flier...

On 6/20/2017 at 7:12 PM, crotchcrickets said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, xMortons said:

He's got very comparable numbers to some of the bigger name bats out there, Betts comes to mind as own both and was surprised to see Domingo with similar production.

To me no way should he not be owned or sitting in free agents. He's been steady all year across the board production, great park and lineup.

Agreed. He should be owned in most formats by now. 

Santana is on pace for a .294/.387/.505 slash line with 26 home runs and 15 stolen bases. He still strikes out a lot, but he also walks at a good clip. He had shown power potential in the minors and has a pretty well-rounded offensive game. At age 24, there is certainly still some upside. 

Don't look now, but he's a top 10 OF on the season. 

He should really be owned across the board even in 8 team leagues. 

Of the top 75 hitters on the player rater, Domingo Santana (ranked #34) is the lowest % owned non-DL guy at 63% ownership.

13 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Of the top 75 hitters on the player rater, Domingo Santana (ranked #34) is the lowest % owned non-DL guy at 63% ownership.

I'm amazed at his ownership rates.  He's a legit top-tier OF.  IMO it's a name recognition thing or maybe even a Brewers thing.  Problem is it also makes him hard to trade.  Most managers don't care about the numbers if they've never heard of the guy.

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

I'm amazed at his ownership rates.  He's a legit top-tier OF.  IMO it's a name recognition thing or maybe even a Brewers thing.  Problem is it also makes him hard to trade.  Most managers don't care about the numbers if they've never heard of the guy.

It has to be something like that, because there's no good explanation.  Me trading for him twice notwithstanding, how a legit Top 20 OF isn't worth rostering in every single league is beyond me.

Sure, he has had his ups and downs, but he's still on pace for 27 HR's, 87 RBI's, and 90 Runs.  About the only complaint is he hasn't even attempted a stolen base since the All-Star Break, but the steals were always a bonus with him.

Comeon Mingo lets hit some baseballs please.

Domingo Santana departed Sunday's game versus the Rays after being hit on the right hand by a pitch.

Advice: Santana initially remained in after being plunked by a Chris Archer offering in the top of the first inning, but he was removed before the Brewers took the field to play defense in the bottom of the frame. He's headed for X-rays.

More: Adam McCalvy on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Son of a...

Damn. Already lost Trea Turner and Chris Owings the exact same way. Getting quite tired of fluke injuries ruining my team.