Homerj24

Joey Votto 2017 Outlook

He should be benched for most anyone. If I had him I'd not be playing right now, and that is not in line with his pre-draft value. 

If he keeps this up another 2 weeks and you are still somehow competitive it may be time to think about cutting your losses. 

He is as bad right now as he was good in the way-back machine.

He's all screwed up mentally, if you're watching every night and not looking at the box scores you can see it. He's not just going to come out of this anytime soon. he's a complete mess.

This is exactly the time to try to get Votto!  He will hit.  He will hit for power.  It's amazing that 10 days of garbage negates 10 years of brilliance to some of you.  

On 7/26/2017 at 7:40 PM, Nails101010 said:

This is exactly the time to try to get Votto!  He will hit.  He will hit for power.  It's amazing that 10 days of garbage negates 10 years of brilliance to some of you.  

True except only person dumb enough to sell is Melvins

So, not worried about Votto, but I always sort of disliked him just because of the walks. I was never sure if this prejudice was at all justified. This article explains why that actually is a bad thing in a standard 5x5 league. Still, not sure how much I believe it since they think Gurriel is a must add...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/hitters-patient-can-hurt-fantasy-baseball-team-151046610.html

On 7/28/2017 at 10:24 AM, phoenixbases said:

True except only person dumb enough to sell is Melvins

:lol:

Found this guys thread way back on page 9.  It's been awfully quiet up in here.  The haters seemed to have all disappeared.

3 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Found this guys thread way back on page 9.  It's been awfully quiet up in here.  The haters seemed to have all disappeared.

they will do that, hes having a career year

53 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

they will do that, hes having a career year

Joe can flat hit....always has been able to.  It's amazing baseball fans don't realize the ebbs and flows of one of the most difficult things to do in sports.  The man is a hitting machine.

This guy is a future hall of famer and has one of the highest floors in fantasy. It's ridiculous how little respect he gets.

Maybe it's because I play mostly in OBP/BB leagues and the mainstream underrates that aspect of his game (batting eye), which I think is his strongest.

Nonetheless, he should be a no doubt 1st rounder next year. Goldy-Votto-Freeman are in the same tier of franchise cornerstones (CSB, but snagged all 3 of them 1-2-3 in one of my leagues).

Edited by UberRebel

11 hours ago, phoenixbases said:

Last 2 weeks:

469/629/937

5 HR, 15R, 14RBI, 27% BB, 8.6%K

That walk and K rate...

Godly 

He looks to be in one of his big funks right now. Has stared at many fastballs right down the middle already tonight. Just left the bases loaded. If your trade deadline hasn't passed, I would at least consider dealing. 

1 minute ago, DoTheRoar said:

He looks to be in one of his big funks right now. Has stared at many fastballs right down the middle already tonight. Just left the bases loaded. If your trade deadline hasn't passed, I would at least consider dealing. 

You must be joking

5 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Would have thought DiMaggio held the record with a 56 game hitting streak.

Joe had 34 games with 1 hit in that streak. As legendary a hitter as he was, taking walks wasn't really his specialty.

Just watched Votto's first 2 at-bats vs Taillon. And I don't think this is said enough. I would hate to pitch to Joey Votto.

Ahead in the count 1-2 in the first and 0-2 in the 3rd. Taillon throws about 7 competitive curves or change-ups while ahead in those at-bats, all fouled off. And about 5 of those swings on the secondary stuff, Votto' swings looked super comfortable. So you're battling and have throw 15 more pitches than you want. Taillon misses his location about 6 times out of those 15 and he walks Votto both times. I have to say though, he's probably lucky he didn't miss over the plate because one of those at-bats was an RBI situation and Votto would have punished him.

Joey -

Please don't go into one of your "I'm going to try some s--- out" modes while my team is in the fantasy playoffs.