Sign in to follow this  
brockpapersizer

AJ Pollock 2017 season outlook

Just now, PhilsPhan90 said:

He's hit below the mendoza line his last 100 at bats during the most crucial time of the season. Complaints seem warranted. 

stats disagree

avg means little

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

stats disagree

avg means little

He hasn't been up to his standard. Even by wOBA and wRC+, he's been top 60-75 the last two weeks instead of 150th so I guess he's trending upward.

He's droppable for someone like Delino Deshields, IMO.  Delino is doing what you expected Pollock to be doing, except better.

Pollock has quietly not been that great for 2 years now. The speed is more or less there but I think the quality of contact has been missing for quite a while. 

1 hour ago, dod959 said:

Pollock has quietly not been that great for 2 years now. The speed is more or less there but I think the quality of contact has been missing for quite a while. 

he only played in 12 MLB games in 2016. in 2015 he hit .315 over a full season of games.

not sure you can glean anything from 2016 other than he was injured. 

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Like 1

Whit Merrifield is the new AJ Pollock except healthy and with both 2B and OF eligibility for next year again too.

I loved AJ over the last few years but I think it may be time to cut bait even in dynasties if you own someone like Merrifield that can easily take his place.

Trading for this loser destroyed my season. I needed speed and gave up JD Martinez to get him and Charlie Morton. Terrible trade. Terrible player. Will be on my do not draft list next year.

6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

back to leadoff... let go swipe some bags... the whole az team was running wild early in the year

will you be drafting him at all next year?  if so where?  not in the 4th like this year right?

54 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

will you be drafting him at all next year?  if so where?  not in the 4th like this year right?

i took him in the 3rd this year  33, 36, 37

idk depends on how much risk i want to take and how my first couple pick go and his age and how much will he steal?

i would say top 60ish maybe higher but i dont think i will reach.. if he is there then i wouldnt shy away but dont think many will be thrilled to draft him after his last two years and he might slide a bit

but some things to think about his age and his 19 of 25 sb% isnt good (stole 39 bags caught 7 times 2 years ago) and hasnt  a sole a bag in 12 games

anyways heres to vintage pollock finish ... hopefully

had a feeling he was going to do something big after his hr and 8 pitch bb after he was down in the count

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1