Sign in to follow this  
petekrum

Chicago Bears 2017 Offseason

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

7-8 for me if they can stay healthier than last year.

I think that's a bit optimistic but I hope you're right.  It would be nice to see the team make the turn towards being decent.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think that's a bit optimistic but I hope you're right.  It would be nice to see the team make the turn towards being decent.

I'll lay a note with Vegas as long as nothing disasterous happens in preseason 

On May 10, 2017 at 8:13 AM, psygolf said:

If they all stay healthy, and do what they should (I didn't say"hope"), this will be the most talent the bears have had at wr in almost 20 years...it just lacks the alpha-dog.

Royal cut...Cruz visiting next week.

51 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'll lay a note with Vegas as long as nothing disasterous happens in preseason 

I'll never forget after Trestman's first year and Vegas had the total at 8.  I thought it was crazy after the great offensive year they just had and all the weapons they had.  I figured the Bears were a lock for 10 wins in Trestman's second year.  Luckily I didn't bet because they finished with 5 wins that year.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'll never forget after Trestman's first year and Vegas had the total at 8.  I thought it was crazy after the great offensive year they just had and all the weapons they had.  I figured the Bears were a lock for 10 wins in Trestman's second year.  Luckily I didn't bet because they finished with 5 wins that year.  

I thought the NFL had figured out the "intricacies" of a Trestman offense by mid-season of year 1.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wish I'd bet, bc CHI was so overrated after 2013. No one was focusing on how bad that defense was. Was great starting players against them in 2014. 

CHI is a disaster waiting to happen. Amazing that a 3 win team has gotten so much hype. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I wish I'd bet, bc CHI was so overrated after 2013. No one was focusing on how bad that defense was. Was great starting players against them in 2014. 

CHI is a disaster waiting to happen. Amazing that a 3 win team has gotten so much hype. 

"hype"-?  Not on this planet.

53 minutes ago, psygolf said:

"hype"-?  Not on this planet.

Any belief indicating CHI will be better than the Jets in 2017 = hype

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Any belief indicating CHI will be better than the Jets in 2017 = *reality

*edited

• Like 1

Any belief indicating CHI will be better than the Jets in 2017 = hype

There's a large amount of NFL fans that believes the Jets are the favorites for the #1 pick.  I think the Bears have an infinitely better QB situation than the Jets (and I don't think the Bears are going to have good QB play this year). The Bears at least have most of 1 side of the ball (missing QB and receiver).  The Jets have a couple rookie safeties and some D-linemen. 

1 hour ago, jbshaw said:

There's a large amount of NFL fans that believes the Jets are the favorites for the #1 pick.  I think the Bears have an infinitely better QB situation than the Jets (and I don't think the Bears are going to have good QB play this year). The Bears at least have most of 1 side of the ball (missing QB and receiver).  The Jets have a couple rookie safeties and some D-linemen. 

The Jets have an excellent front seven. Their defense imploded last year because the secondary was built around Revis who didn't bother to stay in shape a year ago. It was smart of them to rebuild the secondary in FA and the draft. 

As bad as the Jets are, McCown > Glennon (as he was in TB), and the Jets have better WRs. 

I'm expecting the Jets to win 5-8 games and CHI to win 2-5 games in 2017. 

52 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

The Jets have an excellent front seven. Their defense imploded last year because the secondary was built around Revis who didn't bother to stay in shape a year ago. It was smart of them to rebuild the secondary in FA and the draft. 

As bad as the Jets are, McCown > Glennon (as he was in TB), and the Jets have better WRs. 

I'm going to be legitimately surprised if the Jets win more than 5 games.  If the defense doesn't give up on the year, they can be less than awful, but I have no hope for the offense.  I think they're the Rams rather than the Texans. 

8 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I'm going to be legitimately surprised if the Jets win more than 5 games.  If the defense doesn't give up on the year, they can be less than awful, but I have no hope for the offense.  I think they're the Rams rather than the Texans. 

They won 5 games in 2016. There's no way the defense will be as bad as in 2016, and it's impossible to be significantly worse than Fitzmagic was last year. 

They won 5 games in 2016. There's no way the defense will be as bad as in 2016, and it's impossible to be significantly worse than Fitzmagic was last year. 

Impossible = Hackenburg.

• Like 3

Source: ChicagoBears.com

Chicago Bears WR Eddie Royal was released Thursday, May 11. Additionally, C Cornelius Edison, FB Paul Lasike and DL Will Sutton were waived.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Royal has rarely had a consistent impact in recent years and is more often fantasy fool's gold for players in Daily and Season-Long formats.

53 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Source: ChicagoBears.com

Chicago Bears WR Eddie Royal was released Thursday, May 11. Additionally, C Cornelius Edison, FB Paul Lasike and DL Will Sutton were waived.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Royal has rarely had a consistent impact in recent years and is more often fantasy fool's gold for players in Daily and Season-Long formats.

Old news

13 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I'm not sure who you're talking to, listening too or reading but I have not seen any hype.  It seems the majority of Bear's fans were not impressed with this year's draft and hated the trade up.  There are even a good amount that hated the Trubisky pick or even the fact they took a QB there.  I would bet if you made a poll to see what Bear's fans think their record will be this year the number will be 5 wins or less.

Very little hype this season for the Bears.  Hype is exactly what you're giving to the Jets.  Not sure why there would be much hype with them at this point in the year.

Edited by Hawkeye21

On 5/12/2017 at 1:57 AM, joshua18 said:

In what world is the jets front 7 better than the bears? The bears are loaded at linebacker. Secondary is a major concern but Dallas showed last year if you can control the clock and run the ball it makes your secondary's job much easier as they're always fresh. Bears have as good an interior offensive line as any team in the league, they'll be one of the better rushing offenses in the league. The bears are miles better than the jets and have legit value in that division at +4000.

28 minutes ago, Playtaw1n said:

In what world is the jets front 7 better than the bears? The bears are loaded at linebacker. Secondary is a major concern but Dallas showed last year if you can control the clock and run the ball it makes your secondary's job much easier as they're always fresh. Bears have as good an interior offensive line as any team in the league, they'll be one of the better rushing offenses in the league. The bears are miles better than the jets and have legit value in that division at +4000.

CHI was definitely better last year:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

That being said, Leonard Williams, Richardson and Wilkerson at their best are each better than anyone on the CHI defensive line. Especially with Richardson playing for a new contract. 

CHI was better last year largely because Wilkerson and Richardson went AWOL. Even with McPhee back and the superiority of the CHI LBs, the overall front seven of the Jets should be more like the 2015 than 2016 version. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

CHI was definitely better last year:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

That being said, Leonard Williams, Richardson and Wilkerson at their best are each better than anyone on the CHI defensive line. Especially with Richardson playing for a new contract. 

CHI was better last year largely because Wilkerson and Richardson went AWOL. Even with McPhee back and the superiority of the CHI LBs, the overall front seven of the Jets should be more like the 2015 than 2016 version. 

With a big desire to get you to stop trolling the Bear, and a smaller desire to see you disappear all together, lol...How about this bet:

If the Bears have more wins than the Jets in 2017, you will leave the boards for entire offseason, until week 1 of 2018.  I likewise, will do the same should your jets have more wins than the Bears this season...deal -!?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

With a big desire to get you to stop trolling the Bear, and a smaller desire to see you disappear all together, lol...How about this bet:

If the Bears have more wins than the Jets in 2017, you will leave the boards for entire offseason, until week 1 of 2018.  I likewise, will do the same should your jets have more wins than the Bears this season...deal -!?

Would a tie mean you both leave for an offseason?   Just trying to sweeten the deal for the board 😁

(Kidding Psy)

• Like 2

Probably the wrong place to get an unbiased opinion, but how do you guys like Adam Shaheen? I just picked him up in dynasty, late 4th! Seemed like a good value. Mr. Biscuit and Shaheen are roommates and seem to be building chemistry. Just concerned about Shaheen getting over the jump in competition.

59 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Probably the wrong place to get an unbiased opinion, but how do you guys like Adam Shaheen? I just picked him up in dynasty, late 4th! Seemed like a good value. Mr. Biscuit and Shaheen are roommates and seem to be building chemistry. Just concerned about Shaheen getting over the jump in competition.

Too early to tell yet.  I think he's got a good shot at being their main receiving TE in a year or two.  He'll get some playing time this year but nothing to make him fantasy relevant unless Miller is hurt again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pikerbkb said:

Good value I'd say.  Miller isn't going to be around forever and rookie TE's rarely make a difference the first year or two anyway. 

Rooming with the franchise future is a nice bonus. 

On 5/11/2017 at 7:35 PM, joshua18 said:

I think the reputation of the Bears defense stayed to some unfair extent for a number of years after Lovie left. 

Edited by taobball
  • Like 1