Sign in to follow this  
petekrum

Chicago Bears 2017 Offseason

Saw an article asking if they should move #3 overall for Jimmy Garrapollo. Should this happen?

6 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Saw an article asking if they should move #3 overall for Jimmy Garrapollo. Should this happen?

No. See Matt Cassel. 

Take Allen at #3...then go OL, LB the rest of the way...find a fast KR.

Drop McPhee...add 2 cb fa's like Butler + Bouye.

This brings the bears #15 ranked defense up to top 5 potential with a bunch of $ to grab any skilled-position players that might be key cap-casualty grabs.

Make a play at Cousins to ensure that the Skins at least pay top $.

I wouldn't mind Watson as their 1st pick, if they can find some big OTs for him, give him the same protection Dallas gave Dak.

Stay away from the smoke and mirrors show the Pats have.  No Jimmy!  The Bears need to draft Garrett, Allen, Watson or Trubisky with that third pick.  99.999% chance that Garrett is not there but ya never know.  Hopefully there are some trade offers and the Bears can consider trading down if their guy isn't available.  They need as many picks as they can get in this draft.

No matter what happens the Bears MUST draft a QB this year.  I don't care which round it is or even if they draft two QBs.  I prefer it be in the first two rounds but it will depend on how players fall to them.

21 hours ago, devaster said:

Hoyer is a capable QB if he can stay healthy.

So is Cutler.  Just saying.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

So is Cutler.  Just saying.

Hoyer comes a lot cheaper though. And probably less turnovers.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

And that's about it.  Not saying they should keep Cutler but he is a viable option who is already under a reasonable contract.

42 minutes ago, devaster said:

Hoyer is just a short term solution. If they want to build for the future they need to build up their defense with their first pick with an athletic freak and then take a shot later on a QB unless they truly believe Watson is going to be a solid starter. 

5 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Hoyer is just a short term solution. If they want to build for the future they need to build up their defense with their first pick with an athletic freak and then take a shot later on a QB unless they truly believe Watson is going to be a solid starter. 

It takes time for a rookie to be the main man so he needs to be drafted this year.  They should draft another QB next year too to increase the odds of one of them working out.  They need young competition and Hoyer would be just fine as the starter to get them by.  Cutler could work as well.  Just about any average QB for a reasonable contract will work honestly.

53 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Stay away from the smoke and mirrors show the Pats have.  No Jimmy!  The Bears need to draft Garrett, Allen, Watson or Trubisky with that third pick.  99.999% chance that Garrett is not there but ya never know.  Hopefully there are some trade offers and the Bears can consider trading down if their guy isn't available.  They need as many picks as they can get in this draft.

No matter what happens the Bears MUST draft a QB this year.  I don't care which round it is or even if they draft two QBs.  I prefer it be in the first two rounds but it will depend on how players fall to them.

I'm pretty sure you don't want Trubiski, especially at 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petekrum said:

I'm pretty sure you don't want Trubiski, especially at 3.

Maybe.  I'm not sure yet.  There's a lot to learn about these QBs yet before the draft.  If Garrett and Allen are gone though I think the Bears are going to take a QB though.  It's too early for a S and CBs are very deep this year.  Barnett could be a bit of a reach.  The next best thing is to trade down but you need a team that wants to move up.

I think it's possible a team like the Jets or Panthers would try trading up to draft Fournette ahead of the Jags.

I love Watson. I think he will be a top tier QB in 3-4 years. He threw the ball well in college and was clutch. Needs to develop in a pro system, but I think he could do it.

On January 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM, boltup15 said:

They aren't that far off, offense & defense are middle of the pack and trending up, not a bad performance when you consider the long list of starters that missed games due to injury.  

It was their turnover ratio, which I believe was the league's worst, that led to their 3-13 record.

I think a playmaker or 2 in the secondary can be had in FA.

I hope the Bears do not outthink their draft position...just take Allen.

• Like 2

I'd be nice if Tenn took shine to Allen, then the Bears could send Him and their 2nd rd to Tenn for their 2 1st rd'ers...Grab Watson & Corey Davis >>> speed up that offense.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, devaster said:

I love Watson. I think he will be a top tier QB in 3-4 years. He threw the ball well in college and was clutch. Needs to develop in a pro system, but I think he could do it.

I don't need a turdlet like Watson stinking up the filed when one of my receivers is Meredith. Dude sucks. Just another Bob Griffin the Turd.

13 hours ago, FavreCo said:

I don't need a turdlet like Watson stinking up the filed when one of my receivers is Meredith. Dude sucks. Just another Bob Griffin the Turd.

The do need to draft a QB this year though.  Which player should they go after and what round?  It should be someone in the first two rounds.

This is what's concerning...the 2 year takeaway trend on defense since Fangio took over: 24, 17, to a league low 11 last season.

The FA signings haven't produced in that department as expected.

I like Allen at #3, but I'm almost thinking a player like Adams or Hooker, guys with pro bowl written all over them, safeties that look to be difference makers for the next 10 years would be better picks.

Edited by psygolf

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The do need to draft a QB this year though.  Which player should they go after and what round?  It should be someone in the first two rounds.

I think they can wait until the 3rd, unless one of the top 3 drop...if the go Allen in the 1st, they need to go DB, OT or WR in the 2nd.

Just now, psygolf said:

I think they can wait until the 3rd, unless one of the top 3 drop...if the go Allen in the 1st, they need to go DB, OT or WR in the 2nd.

I agree a little.  CBs and WRs are pretty deep so I don't see them being more important than QB unless there just isn't a decent QB to grab in the second round.  This is what I was talking about getting rid of Jeffery.  If he's gone then it creates another need for the team that doesn't have to happen.  They shouldn't have to use a high draft pick on a WR when they have Jeffery already and so many other glaring needs.

QB is the most important position on the team and the Bears have just passed on it for years.  It needs to be addressed now.