Coach George

Matt Manning - SP DET

This kids a stud.  I understand that DET has zero incentive to have him see time at the show this year but I'd love to see them go against the grain with both him and Mize.

20 minutes ago, Dahk said:

This kids a stud.  I understand that DET has zero incentive to have him see time at the show this year but I'd love to see them go against the grain with both him and Mize.

FWIW Gardenhire was on the radio this morning and stated they (him and management) have discussed multiple options for the remainder of the season.  The hosts brought up particularly Mize and Manning and though Gardy would not state any particular names, he stated to expect the Tigers to get younger as the summer goes on.

• Like 3

.170 BAA (1 HRA) this year and really seems to be sharpening his command with only 15BB in 60 IP...still I have to wonder if the CH has made any real progress or he is just blowing AA batters away with the bread-and-butter FB/CU combo? Think it might be the difference in him being a FOR guy or a solid #3 type.🤞

Gotta be in the conversation for top pitching prospect in the game.  Mize, Luzardo, Whitley....maybe Person and Kay....Gallen some distance back from them. 

I think Manning is firmly in the top tier of arms going in the minors right now.

• Like 1

Big game tonite in AA. Matt Manning going against Danny Salazar. A name from the past against a name from the future.

Manning in April/May: 11.25 K/9, 2.10 BB/9, 2.10 ERA, 1.70 FIP

Manning in June/July: 7.83 K/9, 4.11 BB/9, 3.33 ERA, 3.95 FIP

He moved up on most of the midseason prospect lists as his overall line still looked really good, but this is a bit of a disturbing trend. Wonder if anything's wrong with him.

11 hours ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Manning in April/May: 11.25 K/9, 2.10 BB/9, 2.10 ERA, 1.70 FIP

Manning in June/July: 7.83 K/9, 4.11 BB/9, 3.33 ERA, 3.95 FIP

He moved up on most of the midseason prospect lists as his overall line still looked really good, but this is a bit of a disturbing trend. Wonder if anything's wrong with him.

Could be from are wrestling Mize after they became teammates...

Apparently the April/May version is back. In 2 August starts Manning has 13 IP, 19 K, 1 BB, 2.08 ERA, 0.69 WHIP.