TheBoatmen

Lucas Giolito 2017 Outlook

I think he's a must grab with sf start next week... figuring it out in the bigs? I mean he was just last year considered the #1 pitching prospect. I'm intrigued 

28 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

I think he's a must grab with sf start next week... figuring it out in the bigs? I mean he was just last year considered the #1 pitching prospect. I'm intrigued 

His command and velo have come back after being an absolute mess most of the year while the White Sox tried fixing his mechanics. He's still not as consistent with the delivery as he should be, but it's hard to argue with the results right now. Sitting 92-94 is fine if you locate well and have good offspeed stuff, and with that big hook of his he has the potential to be a 9+ K/9 guy.

I like him a lot as a sleeper next year. He shouldn't have an innings cap and will have the benefit of working with Don Cooper all year. 

Chicago's rotation will be Rodon/Gio/Lopez/Kopech by midseason next year, with Hansen likely joining them the following season. Gonna be fun seeing who emerges as the top guy in that group. 

9 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

Anyone worried about the 2 starts? I mean @HOU is no cake walk and vs KC who knows

I'm rolling the dice as he seems like the best option i have to roll with in order to counter my opponents other two start arms. Hoping since Astros have clinched they will be on cruise control. Giolito seems like someone hard to hit during the first go around the league and advanced scouting for the Stros may be prepping for the playoffs at this point. At least that's my hope

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I'm rolling the dice as he seems like the best option i have to roll with in order to counter my opponents other two start arms. Hoping since Astros have clinched they will be on cruise control. Giolito seems like someone hard to hit during the first go around the league and advanced scouting for the Stros may be prepping for the playoffs at this point. At least that's my hope

Yeah, I need wins, benching Nola vs LAD for him

2 hours ago, pjoner said:

can I trust him tomorrow against KC? I am in an ERA/WHIP battle...

Same here. I'm rolling the dice b/c he's pitched well so far and hasn't had too many issues with his command. Sundays are typically better days for pitchers, but I'm not sure that matters here since KC won't be resting anyone while still clinging to their fading hopes of reaching the postseason. 

Edited by sleepysock

5 hours ago, pjoner said:

can I trust him tomorrow against KC? I am in an ERA/WHIP battle...

3 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Same here. I'm rolling the dice b/c he's pitched well so far and hasn't had too many issues with his command. Sundays are typically better days for pitchers, but I'm not sure that matters here since KC won't be resting anyone while still clinging to their fading hopes of reaching the postseason. 

Im here too......Do I start him? or do I wait and see how his SP do....stream RP's for the night game and pray?.....decisions.

I'm starting him because I don't have a choice. With that said, I am nervous. The Royals aren't great, but they have some guys that can hit, such as Merrifield, Cain, Hosmer, Cabrera, etc. They scored 8 runs last night.