psygolf

Eddie Lacy 2017 Outlook

319 posts in this topic

I'm doubting a return to GB...thinking future addition to new tandem attack - Oakland?  

2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I was expecting some new info when I saw a 2017 thread pop up. I am disapointed.

So you decided to perpetuate the disappointment?

7 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I was expecting some new info when I saw a 2017 thread pop up. I am disapointed.

Eddie Lacy is in the best shape of his life

You heard it here first......

3 people like this

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

I'm doubting a return to GB...thinking future addition to new tandem attack - Oakland?  

I think he might return to GB. He doesn't seem expensive to keep and has had some good seasons under his belt. T-Mo and Lacy would be a better tandem and they should get rid of Starks. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I think he might return to GB. He doesn't seem expensive to keep and has had some good seasons under his belt. T-Mo and Lacy would be a better tandem and they should get rid of Starks. 

Possible, but I'd be surprised if he signed before FA opens up for a GB discount, and once in the open market, I doubt the Packers have the desire to be the top bidder.

I'm thinking they will be looking for a rb in the mold of Freeman & Coleman in the draft.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Eddie Lacy is in the best shape of his life

You heard it here first......

How so, by doing laps around the all you can eat buffet at Golden Corral? 

1 person likes this

Gonna be interesting to see where he lands. All the "best shape of his life" crap from last year and i swear he came back even heavier then he was, though he seemed to carry it better. But now almost another year off, who knows what kind of shape hes in. I think teams need to look at him to have more of a "lagarrette blount" role wherever he lands. 

I think GB is still a possibility, but this whole RB free agent class and draft is going to cause alot of moving parts. Blount, lacy, latavius, possibly A.P, martin, and jamaal, then throw on top fournette, cook, mcaffery, foreman, mixon, kamar, perine etc these guys could all push for playing time. Theres going to be alot of options, hard to guess where some guys might land ATM

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, psygolf said:

Green Bay will draft McCaffrey...just saying.

I don't know if I just caught the wrong games, but the couple I saw Stanford I didn't get the love.  He seemed small, slow, not particularly powerful, and seemingly dropped a lot of passes when I saw him.  I know his reputation is the opposite so it's probably due to small sample size and not following the conference.  Montgomery is also proving to be a pretty good pass catching back.  I think they'd be better off trying to replace Lacy than Ty.

1 person likes this

While the Packers have a reputation for building through the draft, they're also reluctant to resign their own guys. They probably lead the league amassing compensatory picks, due in part because they aren't aggressive in free agency. The other reason is because they often don't bring back the guys they've developed. So their build through the draft strategy, which is really just a bit more than most teams, is out of necessity as much as anything. I said elsewhere that Lacy & Ty would complement each other well, but I didn't know Lacy was a FA.

I've read elsewhere that resigning Jared Cook is a priority for them, C-Mike keeps bouncing because he struggles to pick up the playbook, accordingly. They could go big, but I think they'll add a decent power runner to complement Montgomery. Lacy is definitely DND material for me, as Packer rejects tend to flop elsewhere. Also, while I'm not completely certain on how the value of a let-go is determined, offering Lacy peanuts & "losing" him after drafting him in the 1st RD will likely render a high compensatory pick. SOP for them.     

Edited by markrc99

2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

offering Lacy peanuts & "losing" him after drafting him in the 1st RD will likely render a high compensatory pick. SOP for them.     

Lacy was drafted in the late 2nd rd...his lower salary will keep prevent the packers from getting a freebie in one of the higher compensatory rds.

Edited by psygolf

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

Lacy was drafted in the late 2nd rd...his lower salary will keep prevent the packers from getting a freebie in one of the higher compensatory rds.

I thought compensatory rounds were determined by how much they got paid on their new contract, not their old?

48 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I thought compensatory rounds were determined by how much they got paid on their new contract, not their old?

I do not believe so...it's an ill-defined formula based on salary, playing time, and performance honors.   Then it gets weighed against the FA signings coming in, which could be (should be) substantial for GB, looking at the starters that they'll need to re-sign or replace.

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I do not believe so...it's an ill-defined formula based on salary, playing time, and performance honors.   Then it gets weighed against the FA signings coming in, which could be (should be) substantial for GB, looking at the starters that they'll need to re-sign or replace.

Looks like the formula takes into account the new contract signed...wish info on the value of these picks were better defined.

1 person likes this

I could see him ending up on the Redskins. Snyder loves big names, and I don't think Lacy will be breaking the bank (not that it ever mattered to Snyder). 

Plus, how cool would it be for Washington to have Fat Eddie and Fat Rob on the same team. The 2017 version of The Hogs!

2 people like this

On January 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM, psygolf said:

Possible, but I'd be surprised if he signed before FA opens up for a GB discount, and once in the open market, I doubt the Packers have the desire to be the top bidder.

I'm thinking they will be looking for a rb in the mold of Freeman & Coleman in the draft.

Kamara? Mixon?

On January 25, 2017 at 11:24 AM, psygolf said:

Green Bay will draft McCaffrey...just saying.

Theyre smarter than that.

1 person likes this

TY MONTGOMERY is moving to running back on a permanent basis...the rest of the running back crew (including lacy) may be heading out of town.

1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I could see him ending up on the Redskins. Snyder loves big names, and I don't think Lacy will be breaking the bank (not that it ever mattered to Snyder). 

Plus, how cool would it be for Washington to have Fat Eddie and Fat Rob on the same team. The 2017 version of The Hogs!

That would be great. I would draft Lacy everywhere. 

18 hours ago, jbshaw said:

17 hours ago, psygolf said:

I'm not sure of all variables either, but some carry more weight than others. For instance, if Green Bay doesn't bring back Jared Cook, he ends up elsewhere, they don't get anything, he's not their player. If they make what's referred to as a qualifying offer to Lacy and he receives a better offer & leaves & the Packers don't sign a player of comparable skill, then they get something. The greater variable is players lost vs players added & the Packers will resign Cook and no one else, I suspect. The players they have to make offers to are Hyde, Jones & Lacy. The rest of them aren't likely to get signed elsewhere or if they do it'll be for the league minimum.  

Edited by markrc99

22 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

That's 2 emergency offensive linemen.   Seems like a deal.

1 person likes this