psygolf

Eddie Lacy 2017 Outlook

22 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Why would Seattle sign a 267 lb running back?

P.S. That's not a rhetorical question.

Because in theory an in shape Lacy has the quick feet, vision, and balance to be able to overcome a poor OL especially with the Wilson running threat.

The problem is he may not be in shape.

25 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Because in theory an in shape Lacy has the quick feet, vision, and balance to be able to overcome a poor OL especially with the Wilson running threat.

1 year prove it deal.

Good choice for Lacy.  Green Bay doesn't feature the running game.

31 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Lacy has proven even when he's a little on the pudgy side, he's still productive. It'd be great to have a 230 pound Lacy. But even when he was pushing 280 in 2015, he still averaged 4.1 ypc. Lacy is what he is at this point. He's not going to look good in photo shoots, but he'll get you tough yardage when you need it.

Lacy: "I messed up my deltoid (ligament) and widened the bone on my ankle, so I had to get two screws, two wires and a plate to fix it," ..."(The deltoid) is the longest thing to heal."

That's too much weight on too much metal for me.

• Like 2

my guess is the will get lacey down to 240 for the season and he prob has some incentives in his contract to accomplish this.  Petey Boy giving an overweight recovering from surgery lacey 5mm with 3mm guaranteed is an admission that rawls is no longer his beastmode lite. A healthy prosise + in shape lacey will help this backfield but Petey needs to fix the oline by the time sept is here

Edited by dashoe

urslMld.gif

FEAST MODE!

I think he slims down by June (if ever) once he gets more confidence in the leg.

Some of these surgeries these guys go through I cringe at.   Just crazy. 

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, dashoe said:

The Seahawks have done ZERO tofix their O-line in  free agency.

If you can't fix your o-line the next best thing is to sign a RB the size of an o-lineman. 

• Like 1

No thanks.

This isnt really funny (I guess?) but I still LOL'ed:

New Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy's contract includes monthly weight clauses.

Lacy gets $55,000 for every month he meets the team's target weight. It's 255 for May, 250 for June and August, and 245 for the season. It jibes with Pete Carroll's Tuesday assertion that the Seahawks want Lacy to play in the 240s. Even with Lacy currently in the 260s, they're perfectly reasonable goals. Lacy will be on the wrong side of a career crossroads if he can't get in shape this season.

• Like 4

I don't know what dimension some in this thread live in but id say the last 2 years of fantasy relevance and performance was a dud. 

3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I don't know what dimension some in this thread live in but id say the last 2 years of fantasy relevance and performance was a dud. 

Pretty sure just about everyone is well aware of that. 

5 minutes ago, Ruspin Ruxin said:

Pretty sure just about everyone is well aware of that. 

Depends on how much you paid for him.  7.8 standard PPG with no TDs this year is halfway decent.  IDC how fat he is if he's able to maintain 4.0+ YPC, which he's been able to do so far. I won't spend for him, but I can see him being a decent value pick if everyone avoids him.

$55K to be 255?

All due respect to people with eating disorders, but an incentive to get a player to be just 25lbs over game shape is comical.

FEAST MODE is an outstanding nickname, btw.

12 hours ago, elite said:

Lacy gets $55,000 for every month he meets the team's target weight. It's 255 for May, 250 for June and August, and 245 for the season. It jibes with Pete Carroll's Tuesday assertion that the Seahawks want Lacy to play in the 240s. Even with Lacy currently in the 260s, they're perfectly reasonable goals. Lacy will be on the wrong side of a career crossroads if he can't get in shape this season.

This is so embarrassing.  Dude signs a $3,500,000-guaranteed contract to be a starting RB in the League.  Last I checked this isn't the MLB and you are actually expected to be in peak physical condition.  The fact that they actually needed to write in $350,000 in bonuses just to make sure he is fulfilling his basic job description is a farce.  I don't get a 10% bonus just for showing up to work in the morning.  My mom doesn't earn incentives just for getting on the bus to go to work.  Lacy is a g-d-damned professional athlete and they need to dangle carrots in front of him just to get him to do his job.  What a shame.

The average RB survives 3.3 year years in the League.  Lacy has played 3 full seasons, plus 5 games in his 4th year.  Literally 3.3 years under his belt.  The fact that he got this contract means he's going to exceed the league average.  But every sign now is pointing to the fact that he's going to end up right there near the middle of the bell curve -- right in the fat midsection of it.

Any chance they fix their line by the summer?

There's gonna be a lot of fatty fall down jokes in the rant thread if they don't.

43 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Any chance they fix their line by the summer?

FA O-line is gone.  Weak draft class.

No.

Baldwin is going to have a big year, and Graham if he stays healthy.  That's all the Seattle stock that I want.

• Like 2

Lord_Of the Carts_Varys ... that "dangle the carrots" crack was just cruel to the broken down mules of the world. In Seattle you have to be sensitive to everyone's feelings at all times.

And if a McDonald's worker deserves $15 an hr by God how is Eddy going to feed himself on less than $3.5 mil :angry: Of course he needs incentives

Edited by howlin' 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

FA O-line is gone.  Weak draft class.

No.

Baldwin is going to have a big year, and Graham if he stays healthy.  That's all the Seattle stock that I want.

I think prosise breaks out if he stays healthy

16 hours ago, elite said:

The incentive money is garnish and a hoax;  he has 3mm guaranteed regardless of the outcome. The incentive should have been  get down to 340 and stay there  for the season to get the guaranteed money. 

56 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The incentive money is garnish and a hoax;  he has 3mm guaranteed regardless of the outcome. The incentive should have been  get down to 340 and stay there  for the season to get the guaranteed money. 

That may be a problem, even for him...

I don't mean to sound daft or naive but I have such a hard time believing the weight issue a legitimate problem for a professional athlete. One who can be (has proven in the past to be) really good! He's only going to be 27 in June! Such a shame because when Lacy was on fire he would steamroll over people and it was great to watch.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:48 AM, Lord_Varys said:

This is so embarrassing.  Dude signs a $3,500,000-guaranteed contract to be a starting RB in the League.  Last I checked this isn't the MLB and you are actually expected to be in peak physical condition.  The fact that they actually needed to write in $350,000 in bonuses just to make sure he is fulfilling his basic job description is a farce.  I don't get a 10% bonus just for showing up to work in the morning.  My mom doesn't earn incentives just for getting on the bus to go to work.  Lacy is a g-d-damned professional athlete and they need to dangle carrots in front of him just to get him to do his job.  What a shame.

Kudos to Lacy's representation for negotiating that contract I suppose?

Conspiracy theory: Lacy had a massive cheat-week prior to meeting with Seattle and now is going to cash in for dropping that weight!

The jokes are funny I have no dispute. But anyone who looks at those pictures of him signing a contract and arriving at the airport sees a 267 pound man, your eyes are not up to snuff. 

1 hour ago, Mavis said:

The jokes are funny I have no dispute. But anyone who looks at those pictures of him signing a contract and arriving at the airport sees a 267 pound man, your eyes are not up to snuff. 

Height and weight are different for everyone.  My ribs stopped showing at 225 before my shoulders even finished filling out (link may not work for others), and me being 250 would be an absolutely healthy weight.  I'm 350 and fat now, but nowhere near as fat as someone with only 5'9" in height and a narrow torso to spread that same 350 around on. Weight also isn't a great sign of athleticism on its own, although someone overweight for their frame will have a harder time cutting, accelerating, and probably will be slower.

IMO, Lacy has shown he can play at a high level even when he is overweight. The man averaged 78 total yards a game before going down. The line won't be anywhere near the same caliber in Seattle, but for a cheap price, I'm willing to gamble on him.