psygolf

Eddie Lacy 2017 Outlook

220 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, jbshaw said:

Height and weight are different for everyone.  My ribs stopped showing at 225 before my shoulders even finished filling out (link may not work for others), and me being 250 would be an absolutely healthy weight.  I'm 350 and fat now, but nowhere near as fat as someone with only 5'9" in height and a narrow torso to spread that same 350 around on. Weight also isn't a great sign of athleticism on its own, although someone overweight for their frame will have a harder time cutting, accelerating, and probably will be slower.

 

IMO, Lacy has shown he can play at a high level even when he is overweight. The man averaged 78 total yards a game before going down. The line won't be anywhere near the same caliber in Seattle, but for a cheap price, I'm willing to gamble on him. 

 

What's the right price? 12th round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is healthy he is one of the better backs in the league regardless of size. We have seen it, so why do we think otherwise now?

IF healthy, he is a stud. I think Seattle will give it to him more than 10-15 times the Packers did. You will get 15-20 out of him every week and a few catches with a shot at a TD. Thats valuable. The signing of lacy shows what Rawls and Prosise really are. Carroll wants a Lynch type, he tried it with Rawls and he cant handle the beating. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mavis said:

If he is healthy he is one of the better backs in the league regardless of size. We have seen it, so why do we think otherwise now?

IF healthy, he is a stud. I think Seattle will give it to him more than 10-15 times the Packers did. You will get 15-20 out of him every week and a few catches with a shot at a TD. Thats valuable. The signing of lacy shows what Rawls and Prosise really are. Carroll wants a Lynch type, he tried it with Rawls and he cant handle the beating. 

 

Because Lacy has shown he can take the beating these last two years? At best he's a two pound grinder where Rawls sees no action. Most likely him and Rawls see some sort of split on first and seconds downs with Prosise on third downs. I don't get what is exciting about this situation. Bad o-line, lots of competition, not many receptions to go around for Lacy. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mavis said:

If he is healthy he is one of the better backs in the league regardless of size. We have seen it, so why do we think otherwise now?

IF healthy, he is a stud. I think Seattle will give it to him more than 10-15 times the Packers did. You will get 15-20 out of him every week and a few catches with a shot at a TD. Thats valuable. The signing of lacy shows what Rawls and Prosise really are. Carroll wants a Lynch type, he tried it with Rawls and he cant handle the beating. 

That was with a top 5 O-line.  While Wilson is a downgrade from Rodgers (almost every QB that has ever played in the NFL is), the O-line and offensive support cast are the real downgrades from Green Bay to Seattle.  The Seahawks have Baldwin, who I think is overplaying his actual talent level as the primary option of a good QB, and Graham, who is a shadow of what he once was.  Their O-line is entirely backup caliber players (if that).  It's a big downgrade, so I'm less tempted by his potential than if he had been in a team similar to GB's caliber on O.  

1 hour ago, boltup15 said:

 

What's the right price? 12th round?

Probably around 10 without actually sitting down and doing rankings.  IF he's the lead timeshare back, I think he has solid RB2/strong flex value.  But that's an IF, so I'm definitely not willing to draft him as a starter.  But If I have 4 RBs, 4 WRs, a TE, and a QB, I'm willing to gamble on him.  If he's going before then, I'm probably staying away.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baldwin is an elite WR...he was criminally underused until 2015, so he's not playing above his talent level. 

 

As much of a passing dropoff that Wilson is from Rodgers, his rushing threat may actually prove beneficial to a RB -- as long as their OL doesn't get him killed like it did last year. Prosise is the only RB I trust in that backfield. 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

 

Yi  ..

 

Baldwin has 21 receiving TDs over the past 2 seasons. Guess how many have more? (Hint: it's a short list)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

Baldwin has 21 receiving TDs over the past 2 seasons. Guess how many have more? (Hint: it's a short list)

At a quick glance LeGarrette Blount has 24 rushing TDs the last two years, matched by only DJ. Is he elite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

At a quick glance LeGarrette Blount has 24 rushing TDs the last two years, matched by only DJ. Is he elite?

 

Not what I asked. Answer the question.

 

Or you can tell me how many yards Blount has and his ypc compared to his peers over the past 2 years...then compare that to how Baldwin's yardage, catches and fantasy points per target compare to his peers over the same time period. 

 

Very bad attempt at confusing the issue. 

 

 

Edited by joshua18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Not what I asked. Answer the question.

 

Or you can tell me how many yards Blount has and his ypc compared to his peers over the past 2 years...then compare that to how Baldwin's yardage, catches compare to his peers over the same time period. 

 

Very bad attempt at confusing the issue. 

 

 

If you want me to look up all these other numbers then why is your entire original point solely based on TDs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ffguy0087 said:

If you want me to look up all these other numbers then why is your entire original point solely based on TDs?

 

It isn't. TDs are just one component. Comparing Blount to Baldwin is beyond ridiculous, especially when they don't even play the same position. 

 

Baldwin is a top-10 WR in production and contract. Blount is begging for a job.  I hope you can see the difference. 

 

So again, answer the original question...you certainly have shown you have the time to do so. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the original question have anything to do with Eddie Lacy ..if not.. well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

It isn't. TDs are just one component. Comparing Blount to Baldwin is beyond ridiculous, especially when they don't even play the same position. 

 

Baldwin is a top-10 WR in production and contract. Blount is begging for a job.  I hope you can see the difference. 

 

So again, answer the original question...you certainly have shown you have the time to do so. 

 

 

 

You literally only referenced TDs in your answer. I responded with a player who had an outlier TD season that put him into elite company. That's it. My answer was perfectly reasonable in response to your original point. Your original point being that Baldwin was elite solely based off his TD numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Does the original question have anything to do with Eddie Lacy ..if not.. well

 

Yes, considering Lacy is now Baldwin's teammate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Yes, considering Lacy is now Baldwin's teammate...

 

what is the question? how many wrs have performed better? I can't find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

what is the question? how many wrs have performed better? I can't find it. 

 

OBJ (23), AB (22) so yes, Lacy is going to a team with an elite WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just  to bring this back on topic. No fraking way I'm drafting fat Eddie. Period. End of story.  Not early, not mid-round, not late. Never. There are prolly 25 RBs you would be better off with. Fat Eddie is a wasted draft pick.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blazer said:

Just  to bring this back on topic. No fraking way I'm drafting fat Eddie. Period. End of story.  Not early, not mid-round, not late. Never. There are prolly 25 RBs you would be better off with. Fat Eddie is a wasted draft pick.

If there are only 25 RBs you'd be better off with, that would make him an RB3/flex.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

You literally only referenced TDs in your answer. I responded with a player who had an outlier TD season that put him into elite company. That's it. My answer was perfectly reasonable in response to your original point. Your original point being that Baldwin was elite solely based off his TD numbers.

Your response was a fair one. However lets look at the numbers over the last two years:

Rushing TD's

Blount 24

DJ 24

Devonta Freeman 22

Jeremy Hill 20

Latavius Murray 18

 

Receiving TD's

Odell 23

Antonio Brown 22

Baldwin 21

Allen Robinson 20

Multiple tied for fifth at 17

 

Clearly receiving touchdowns indicate an elite receiver more so than rushing touchdowns.

 

Moreover, even if you do not consider Baldwin elite purely on his touchdowns then how about this:

 

 

Over the last two years only 4 players have over 150 Receptions, 20 Touchdowns, and 2000 Receiving Yards.

Odell Beckham

Antonio Brown

Allen Robinson

and you guessed it...

Doug Baldwin

 

...and of these receivers Baldwin has the highest catch percentage, 75.4% followed by Brown, 69.7%, Odell, 60.2%, and Robinson 50.7%. Baldwin also has 74 less targets than Robinson, 99 less than Odell, and 119 less than Antonio and still puts up elite numbers.

 

So I believe I must conclude with the following statement

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

OBJ (23), AB (22) so yes, Lacy is going to a team with an elite WR. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fair. However, pointing out a single statistic, which is fairly countered, and then adding in a bunch of other supporting stats without giving me a chance to respond and acting like that was the stance I was countering is unfair.

 

He basically asked a question, and then switched it after I responded to make my answer look wrong. Good one joshua.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blazer said:

Just  to bring this back on topic. No fraking way I'm drafting fat Eddie. Period. End of story.  Not early, not mid-round, not late. Never. There are prolly 25 RBs you would be better off with. Fat Eddie is a wasted draft pick.

 

I hope there is better talk than someone saying "I'll never draft a player, wasted pick" without anything but opinion. While opinions are great, I know nothing about your credibility, so maybe a little info as to why you think this might help you out. 

 

I see a post like that and I ignore, which brings me to this, how do I access the ignore feature? Seeing people say things like "wasted draft pick" provides nothing but assuming we should take your word for it. Show your work, without rhetoric, go...

 

I'll show mine, he was avg over 5 ypc last year before he got hurt, his foot has been a problem for two years, hindered him and he still performed while fat. He has gone over 4 ypc every single year and before he got hurt he had two 1k seasons and lots of TDs. GB offensive line was nothing special and it was a pass happy team he did that on. You can cry OLine, but thats for people who want to simplify their own rhetorical answers. His foot is healthy now, so he says and he passed a physical, he is fat and has always been fat, is still on a great team and has had success. 

 

Separate your hate for player form actual discussion, its obvious to tell. Anyone can hate a player, it takes the skill that separates us as owners to find the value in all, regardless of how little. Not every team you draft will be made of studs, so saying Lacy in undraftable is flat out embarrassing. Anyone can talk negatively about a player. Why do peopel go in thread just to dog a player they dont care about? If that doesnt scream a person you should avoid, what doesnt? We all know Lacys faults, some of us are just being reasonable about them and not going to the extreme like saying he is undraftable. Remember when Murray was done when he went to Tennessee because he had a so called bad year in Philly? Yeah, me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MyDawgggg said:

Your response was a fair one. However lets look at the numbers over the last two years:

Rushing TD's

Blount 24

DJ 24

Devonta Freeman 22

Jeremy Hill 20

Latavius Murray 18

 

Receiving TD's

Odell 23

Antonio Brown 22

Baldwin 21

Allen Robinson 20

Multiple tied for fifth at 17

 

Clearly receiving touchdowns indicate an elite receiver more so than rushing touchdowns.

 

Moreover, even if you do not consider Baldwin elite purely on his touchdowns then how about this:

 

 

Over the last two years only 4 players have over 150 Receptions, 20 Touchdowns, and 2000 Receiving Yards.

Odell Beckham

Antonio Brown

Allen Robinson

and you guessed it...

Doug Baldwin

 

...and of these receivers Baldwin has the highest catch percentage, 75.4% followed by Brown, 69.7%, Odell, 60.2%, and Robinson 50.7%. Baldwin also has 74 less targets than Robinson, 99 less than Odell, and 119 less than Antonio and still puts up elite numbers.

 

So I believe I must conclude with the following statement

 

Nothing like using only 2 years worth of stats (and punctuating it with Allen Robinson) when pounding the "consistency drum" for a player.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 0:10 AM, Ruspin Ruxin said:

Pretty sure just about everyone is well aware of that. 

Obviously not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mavis said:

If he is healthy he is one of the better backs in the league regardless of size. We have seen it, so why do we think otherwise now?

IF healthy, he is a stud. I think Seattle will give it to him more than 10-15 times the Packers did. You will get 15-20 out of him every week and a few catches with a shot at a TD. Thats valuable. The signing of lacy shows what Rawls and Prosise really are. Carroll wants a Lynch type, he tried it with Rawls and he cant handle the beating. 

 

 

If they fix that terrible o-line, Petey Boy doesnt get too clever  and lacy is healthy then u may have a point but until then i would refrain from potential stud convo; way too many variables  involved in this experiment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.