jfazz23

DJ Lemahieu 2017 Outlook

He also started hitting on the road, which brings up the "should we platoon him on road games argument" once again.

It's very possible he will emerge into a great overall hitter that doesn't need Coors to get a big average. I mean he's only 28 so he could just emerge into an even better hitter.

• Like 1

Shocking that he is hitting over 30 pts lower at home than on the road when he hit 90 pts higher at home last year.

49 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

Someone remind me why I semi-reached for DJ? 

Ditto here. I feel your pain.

54 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

Someone remind me why I semi-reached for DJ? 

He's at .267 / .729 this April.

He was at .291 / .775 last April.

A few knocks fall in here and there he's on the same pace. He'll heat up when the weather in Colorado heats up ( currently snowing in COL ).

He's hitting better on the road this year vs last year - have to think this is a positive sign.

Edited by Dugout Legend
  • Like 7

I am exercising patience here. The guy can really hit. You don't accidentally hit/walk your way to a .417 OBP.

Even with his "struggles" this year, he is at .369. 

Gotta believe that the runs will follow, with a sprinkling of homers and steals (upside for more than we've seen in his career so far) 

Solid buy low candidate. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I am exercising patience here. The guy can really hit. You don't accidentally hit/walk your way to a .417 OBP.

Even with his "struggles" this year, he is at .369. 

Gotta believe that the runs will follow, with a sprinkling of homers and steals (upside for more than we've seen in his career so far) 

Solid buy low candidate. 

agree...maybe he hits 320 instead of 340....still will score a ton of runs.  prob steal 15 ish imo

as someone said, wait until weather warms up in colorado. 

19 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Bench until he heats up? I just know as soon as I bench in weekly lineup he'll produce. Guess it depends on your options. Ugh

No Don't bench him. He's going against the Padres ( Tuesday - Thursday) and he can rake their pitching ( even in SD) then on the weekend he's back at home vs the D-Backs. Always want him in there at home. So keep rolling him out there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

No Don't bench him. He's going against the Padres ( Tuesday - Thursday) and he can rake their pitching ( even in SD) then on the weekend he's back at home vs the D-Backs. Always want him in there at home. So keep rolling him out there.

Agreed. Sorry didn't mean to solicit advice. Was just thinking out loud. In DJ we trust!

1 hour ago, strega said:

Not fantasy related, but f--- this guy for trying to bring flopping to baseball:

https://streamable.com/us3ue

Looked like he was trying to dive for the ball. I dont understand how flopping in that scenario would even help the team.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BohCountyBats said:

Looked like he was trying to dive for the ball. I dont understand how flopping in that scenario would even help the team.

It was a slow chopper to 2nd, he ran away from the direction the ball was going and into the runner to create an interference call. Would have been runners on 1st and second with no outs. Not sure what you're missing.

5 minutes ago, strega said:

It was a slow chopper to 2nd, he ran away from the direction the ball was going and into the runner to create an interference call. Would have been runners on 1st and second with no outs. Not sure what you're missing.

couple things could've happened. looked like base runner was almost running out of the base path towards DJ and then as DJ approached he started correcting his path, also the ball could've taken a funny bounce/had spin on it and DJ misread it.

now if DJ purposely tried to flop like NBA, not cool, but again if base runner was angling out of the base path maybe DJ was trying to get the interference call as he should if base runner if offline.

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

couple things could've happened. looked like base runner was almost running out of the base path towards DJ and then as DJ approached he started correcting his path, also the ball could've taken a funny bounce/had spin on it and DJ misread it.

now if DJ purposely tried to flop like NBA, not cool, but again if base runner was angling out of the base path maybe DJ was trying to get the interference call as he should if base runner if offline.

I guess that chopped up clip didn't provide much context, there's another angle from the reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/68il6z/aj_pollock_called_out_on_interference_worst_call/?st=j26ihwpl&sh=5f934c44

And yeah, I don't really care other than keeping flopping out of baseball. I don't want that crap to spread like it did the NBA.

4 minutes ago, strega said:

I guess that chopped up clip didn't provide much context, there's another angle from the reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/68il6z/aj_pollock_called_out_on_interference_worst_call/?st=j26ihwpl&sh=5f934c44

And yeah, I don't really care other than keeping flopping out of baseball. I don't want that crap to spread like it did the NBA.

yeah let's not start that crap. Field the ball and focus on that, if the baserunner interferes naturally so be it, but don't go out of your way to make contact and flop, I agree.

6 hours ago, chud12 said:

Looks like we are finally getting a hot streak. 

The home stand just ended today.  Back on the road for their next 11 games.

13 minutes ago, jb_power said:

The home stand just ended today.  Back on the road for their next 11 games.

3 @MIN (.500/.500/.600 vs.MIN) - never played at Target Field

3 @CIN (.238/.273/.238 vs.CIN)

4 @PHI (.290/.333/.452 vs.PHI)

Edited by kwelch

43 minutes ago, kwelch said:

3 @MIN (.500/.500/.600 vs.MIN) - never played at Target Field

3 @CIN (.238/.273/.238 vs.CIN)

4 @PHI (.290/.333/.452 vs.PHI)

Look at the pitchers he's facing this week.  I'll take my chances in weekly lineup. 

He's not good. Last year isn't happening again. Nice 0/7 today was merely a cherry on top of confirmation that he's a bust in 2017. 

9 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

He's not good. Last year isn't happening again. Nice 0/7 today was merely a cherry on top of confirmation that he's a bust in 2017. 

uh he was hitting almost 300 before this series....just needs to get back to high altitude