fawkes_mulder

Fernando Tatis, Jr.- 3B/SS San Diego

17 minutes ago, Steelers72 said:

Wonder when he will get a shot. Everyone looking at Vlad jr and this kid been good too

super 2 of 2019 seems about right. assuming his development doesn't stall somewhere along the way.

• Like 2

remember when it was April?

May 

.351/.427.649/1.077

40-114 32k's still needs some work, 6 hr 15 rbi, 5 sb out of the lead off spot all of May too. 

Speaking of leading off which doesn't seem ideal for him

.317/.407/.612/1.019

8 hrs out of his 9, 17 of his 24 rbis

Tatis with an 850 OPS while being the youngest player in the Texas League, and having a disasterous April.  Kid is a S.T.U.D.  

7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

#1 player in minors after guerrero is gone

I'd rather have him over Vlad just because he plays short while Vlad is a future DH. 

And I'd slot Eloy in with both. Three no doubt future studs. All will get a taste at some point this year IMO. 

On 6/9/2018 at 1:11 AM, sleepysock said:

I'd rather have him over Vlad just because he plays short while Vlad is a future DH. 

And I'd slot Eloy in with both. Three no doubt future studs. All will get a taste at some point this year IMO. 

I know it isn’t his thread but Vlad will be an average defender at 3B imo. Lots of positive reports on his defense lately. At the worst, he moves to 1B. 

On 6/9/2018 at 12:11 PM, sleepysock said:

I don't think so especially not over Vlad (no matter where he plays).   Vladdy could be a fantasy first rounder in short time but can't see Tatis ever being that high - at least not in San Diego.  When's the last time a Padre was a top 20 hitter??? I think if Tatis was in a better landing spot he might be in the conversation but even then Vladdy's numbers are truly amazing.

58 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

I don't think so especially not over Vlad (no matter where he plays).   Vladdy could be a fantasy first rounder in short time but can't see Tatis ever being that high - at least not in San Diego.  When's the last time a Padre was a top 20 hitter??? I think if Tatis was in a better landing spot he might be in the conversation but even then Vladdy's numbers are truly amazing.

Adrian Gonzalez. At the same time though, the Padres haven't had a hitter of that caliber since Adrian Gonzalez. Wil Myers was top 30 two seasons ago but I personally don't think he's that good.

The Padres trade away anyone that's good before they develop. I swear the upper management just wants to keep the team mediocre and make as much money for themselves as possible. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 4:50 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

#1 player is in minors is Eloy Jimenez after guerrero is gone

FTFY ;) 

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Adrian Gonzalez. At the same time though, the Padres haven't had a hitter of that caliber since Adrian Gonzalez. Wil Myers was top 30 two seasons ago but I personally don't think he's that good.

The Padres trade away anyone that's good before they develop. I swear the upper management just wants to keep the team mediocre and make as much money for themselves as possible. 

who have they traded away that was good.  Besides Turner, they haven't had a single prospect do jack squat in decades

27 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

who have they traded away that was good.  Besides Turner, they haven't had a single prospect do jack squat in decades

Anthony Rizzo comes to mind. I don't have the time to look up who else but basically anybody that could be remotely good they trade away or let go in free agency. They never spend money and when they do they're either over the hill or hitters with average power (Eric Hosmer for example) to make it seem like they're trying to field a competitive team so they can try to sell tickets but stay mediocre.

6 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Tatis could put up Machado-like numbers IMO. .280, 30-35 HR, 15-20 SB. That's right on the cusp of the first round, at a premium position. 

But yeah, imagine if the White Sox didn't trade him away. In that ballpark, batting in a lineup with Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Collins, Madrigal....certainly would have been better for his fantasy prospects. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Anthony Rizzo comes to mind. I don't have the time to look up who else but basically anybody that could be remotely good they trade away or let go in free agency. They never spend money and when they do they're either over the hill or hitters with average power (Eric Hosmer for example) to make it seem like they're trying to field a competitive team so they can try to sell tickets but stay mediocre.

Rizzo sucked in his short one and Alonso played much better so they made the wrong decision

eric Hosmer was the first smart signing they have made in years and quite frankly this front offic has only been in place for 4 years and has turned the minor league system into the best and deepest in baseball

Tyson Ross.  Drew Pomeranz.  Trevor Cahill.  Kirby Yates.  Brad Hand.  

That's just the last 3 years.  The Padres have made plenty of smart signings recently.  We'll be fine in year or two when the arms, Tatis, and Urias are on board and locked in.