fawkes_mulder

Fernando Tatis, Jr.- 3B/SS San Diego

hes now hitting .291 on the season fwiw

hes second in AA in homers with 15, to go along with 15 sb's

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Headfirst sliding claims another one.  Don't know why orgs don't forbid it. 

*inserts video of Jose Reyes' feet-first, ankle-shattering slide*

(i don't actually want to watch it again lol)

Tatis hurt the thumb on a stolen base attempt. He will be re-evaluated on Friday to determine the extent of the injury. Tatis Jr. is just 19 but the feeling has been that he could have a shot to debut later this season. Obviously, the thumb injury could impact that if it turns out to be serious.

Uh...what?

Potential season ending injury. Getting an MRI this weekend after swelling goes down a bit. 

Damn it. 

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, davidgoretiz said:

Potential season ending injury. Getting an MRI this weekend after swelling goes down a bit. 

Damn it. 

Yup out for the season they are saying.  

doesnt change much, he can play winterball, open the year in AAA and still be a midseason promotion type

7 hours ago, MireLurker said:

*inserts video of Jose Reyes' feet-first, ankle-shattering slide*

(i don't actually want to watch it again lol)

While this can happen the number of sprained/torn thumb ligaments sliding headfirst dwarf leg first slide injuries.

• Like 1

Here is a list of the top SS’s in terms of wRC+ at the AA level while 20 years of age and younger going as far back as Fangraphs has data (2006):

- Javier Baez – 180 (2013)
- Corey Seager – 154 (2014)
- Xander Bogaerts – 153 (2013)
- Addison Russell – 148 (2014)
- Amed Rosario – 142 (2016)
- Gleyber Torres – 138 (2017
 - Willy Adames – 135 (2016)
- Fernando Tatis – 129 (2018) *
- JP Crawford – 121 (2015)
- Bo Bichette – 118 (2018)
- Francisco Lindor – 109 (2014)
- Brendan Rodgers – 104 (2017
- Cole Tucker – 101 (2017
- Carter Kieboom – 97 (2018)
- Tyler Pastornicky – 94 (2010)
- Elvis Andrus – 93 (2008) *
- Jose Ramirez – 88 (2013)
- Alen Hansen – 86 (2013)
- Chris Owings – 84 (2012)
- Jonathan Villar – 83 (2011)
- Jose Iglesias – 82 (2010)
- Richard Urena – 81 (2016)
- Alcides Escobar – 78 (2007)
- Freddy Galvis – 58 (2010)
- Ian Desmond – 23 (2006)

* indicates a player younger than 20, in this case, both Tatis Jr. and Elvis Andrus were both 19. Also, note that Bo Bichette and Carter Kieboom are still playing this season.

• Like 2

It would appear that young Nando is making up for lost mashing time in the winter league...just noticed a lot of twitter stuff highlighting his hitting lately.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:47 AM, PurpleHaze479 said:

Seeing a lot of reports that he'll be up after about a month or so 

:P

Hope so...he tends to be a slow starter, which may add a few weeks to the ETA. 

I get all the love for Tatis Jr. It's obvious the guy has elite talent. But what about his 25.5% K%? Also, he just turned age 20. I'm not so sure I would rush him up to the majors on a team that can't contend in 2019. I really would like to see Tatis Jr play at AAA and hit above .300 and lower his K%. That is something that he could actually work on. I get the allure of his tremendous potential, but I think it makes sense to have him work on this in the minors for 1 more year. Bottom-line is that I want Tatis Jr. to reach his full potential rather than rush him up before he is fully developed. IMHO one more year of baseball maturity would make him even better before he gets called up to the majors.

18 hours ago, BCMarch10 said:

I get all the love for Tatis Jr. It's obvious the guy has elite talent. But what about his 25.5% K%? Also, he just turned age 20. I'm not so sure I would rush him up to the majors on a team that can't contend in 2019. I really would like to see Tatis Jr play at AAA and hit above .300 and lower his K%. That is something that he could actually work on. I get the allure of his tremendous potential, but I think it makes sense to have him work on this in the minors for 1 more year. Bottom-line is that I want Tatis Jr. to reach his full potential rather than rush him up before he is fully developed. IMHO one more year of baseball maturity would make him even better before he gets called up to the majors.

Playing in the PCL is not gonna help him all that much. Given the Pads team/situation he'd gain much more by learning on the job in the bigs--provided he shows well in ST and the first month or two of the minor league season.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:26 AM, Sine_cera said:

Only three people killed

• Haha 1