fawkes_mulder

Fernando Tatis, Jr.- 3B/SS San Diego

Full at-bat video, it's a great example of some rawness swinging through a couple pitches but his elite skills won out with an Oppo Taco

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 7:08 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

@garlando , that boy better learn how to hit a breaking ball.....yikes those swings looked bad.

1-2 years away until......

Fernando Tatis Jr. went 4-for-4 with five runs batted in on Sunday in a 7-6 victory over the White Sox on Sunday in the Cactus League.

Goodness gracious. Tatis Jr. is one of the best shortstop prospects in baseball, but what he's done this spring for San Diego -- even if it's in exhibition games -- is incredible. He also stole his third base of the Cactus League, showing that he not only has feel for the barrel, he has the athleticism to make an impact on the bases. There are only a select few players in baseball who have as much upside as Tatis Jr. does. He is a must-own in every dynasty format.
  • Like 1

I hold the #1 pick in our farm draft and I'm starting to get worried that he will get drafted to a main roster right now.

6 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

I hold the #1 pick in our farm draft and I'm starting to get worried that he will get drafted to a main roster right now.

not to bench coach this but take him on the main roster and add Vladdy Jr too

Not that I don't like this kid's future but I'm selling high on him in my keeper leagues.

3 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Not that I don't like this kid's future but I'm selling high on him in my keeper leagues.

Me too actually...

skills are phenomenal and I think he ends up being great but I see him as much more high risk than Vlad JR and a few other top prospects given the very high k rate and think there is a big adjustment time at MLB or lower if he eventually figures it out. Hype is sky high right now. Some similarities statistically to Javy Baez coming up.

26 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

Me too actually...

skills are phenomenal and I think he ends up being great but I see him as much more high risk than Vlad JR and a few other top prospects given the very high k rate and think there is a big adjustment time at MLB or lower if he eventually figures it out. Hype is sky high right now. Some similarities statistically to Javy Baez coming up.

Javier Baez? Sorry, but I don't see that at all. First off Baez never at any point of his pro career owned over a 8% BB rate. Yes, Tatis K rate jumped up to 29% in his FIRST taste at AA but that was only over 50 AB basically not really giving him time to adjust to the new level.

Baez has never had a good eye and was always an aggressive hitter. That is not Tatis Jr's game. The fact that Tatis Jr. Has a better eye and discipline gives me hope he can not be taken advantage of like Baez's aggessive nature and ultimately bring his K rate down. I don't feel nearly as optimistic about Baez in that regard.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Letitbe793 said:

Me too actually...

Baez was a 20/20 18 year old in A Ball?

Any idea where he's starting in 2018? I was hoping AA, but haven't been able to confirm that anywhere

17 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Any idea where he's starting in 2018? I was hoping AA, but haven't been able to confirm that anywhere

AA 

He tweeted about landing in San Antonio 

• Like 1

Jump to AA is the biggest one and he's going to struggle early as he gets acclimated to the much better pitching he's facing at this level.   He's getting eaten alive right now though which is worrisome - 16K's in last 10 games.  Makes me believe he has trouble with the advanced off speed stuff and identifying it.  I mean he doesn't turn 20 until next January so he's playing guys 3-4 years older than him, but might want to pump the breaks on the phenom stuff. 

35 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Jump to AA is the biggest one and he's going to struggle early as he gets acclimated to the much better pitching he's facing at this level.   He's getting eaten alive right now though which is worrisome - 16K's in last 10 games.  Makes me believe he has trouble with the advanced off speed stuff and identifying it.  I mean he doesn't turn 20 until next January so he's playing guys 3-4 years older than him, but might want to pump the breaks on the phenom stuff. 

in roughly the same time frame of 2017 (04/12 - 04/23, 10 games) he struck out 16 times.

10 hours ago, Baseball Batman said:

Two taters tattooed by Tatis tonight! Now say it five times really fast.

Didnt really take him long to adjust, did it?

Great prospect 

21 minutes ago, Baseball Batman said:

Another two taters tonight for Tatis. He's up to 8 HR now and the overall numbers are beginning to improve.

Needed a good day. His .746 OPS/95 wRC+ wasn’t what we’d hoped for. Not everyone can be Vlad though, and he’s very young for AA. He has plenty of time to get the coals stoked on the hype train. 

On 5/16/2018 at 12:50 AM, mavsfan23 said:

Needed a good day. His .746 OPS/95 wRC+ wasn’t what we’d hoped for. Not everyone can be Vlad though, and he’s very young for AA. He has plenty of time to get the coals stoked on the hype train. 

1.160 OPS in May. Just a slow start. Very similar to last year actually. wRC+ up to 105 on the season according to Fangraphs.