On 3/6/2017 at 10:32 AM, petekrum said:

I like Coleman, but I'm not sure how smart it was taking all those other WRS last year.

This

They also cut Taylor Gabriel and are likely going to lose Pryor for nothing. Tyrod becoming their QB would salvage a lot for them, though. 

On 2/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Yeah I don't see this as a Jets move necessarily although they might be sick of him/paying him. I think Marshall truly wants to go play for a team with a shot at a winning record. The ball may be in his court. 
Either way, I think he is gone from NY.

On 3/2/2017 at 0:49 PM, Iron-cock said:

Marshall wants to stay in NY to do TV.  

On 3/2/2017 at 10:19 PM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

"Marshall reportedly asked for his release in hopes of playing for a team with a better 2017 outlook."
Well hate to pat myself on the back but don't mind if I do.
Regardless, the Jets have become players to take any skill position in the first round, let's hope they don't ruin something good.

Haha, looks like we were both right (and Winky too).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Haha, looks like we were both right (and Winky too).

Haha I thought of you when I read that blurb. 
It is clear Marshall took less to go to his ideal situation and I say good for him.

I wonder if the Patriots would draft McCaffrey is he lasts to them in the 1st round. Would they move him to receiver and play him in the slot to start replacing Edelman and Amendola? Would he be willing to play that position? I'm in the camp that believes Tebow would still be playing if he wanted to try a different position, but Tebow would only play QB and has stated so.

Receivers do have longer careers and get paid more than RBs these days I think anyway.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:14 AM, vikingapocalypse said:

Im thinking teams will take him right off their board. Its going to be interesting to see where he lands and how it breaks down draft day. Hes an easy day 1 talent on draft day, but i think he may fall till the third, especially with how the NFL has treated domestic abuse cases. I think the leveon bell comparison is pretty close, aside from the patented patient running style hes created all on his own. Mixon catches well, cuts beautifully and runs with power. Has the speed to take it to the house. Im really praying for my vikes to take a chance on him, but unfortunately the vikings arent known to take chances on guys like this. Seems like a winning lottery ticket at a 3rd round price. If he makes it that far.

If raiders do t take him at latest rd 2 I'm upset. Kid could be special and he's like Eddie George mixed with Marshall Faulk . He could fizzle but upside is crazy

• Like 1

Todd McShay mocked McCaffrey to the Eagles at 14. While I would love McCaffrey's all around skill-set on the team, I don't love him at the 14th pick in the draft. I think he should be a 2nd rounder.

He projects as a career slot WR that can also carry the ball ~10 times a game. A lot to like in his game and skill-set though. Returner, slot WR, and change of pace RB. Worth the 14th pick though? Maybe a Tavon Austin or Ty Montgomery skill-set if Tavon was ever utilized properly on the Rams. All of his measurables compare well to Edelman though.

Anyone actually like McCaffrey that early on the 1st?

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Todd McShay mocked McCaffrey to the Eagles at 14. While I would love McCaffrey's all around skill-set on the team, I don't love him at the 14th pick in the draft. I think he should be a 2nd rounder.

He projects as a career slot WR that can also carry the ball ~10 times a game. A lot to like in his game and skill-set though. Returner, slot WR, and change of pace RB. Worth the 14th pick though? Maybe a Tavon Austin or Ty Montgomery skill-set if Tavon was ever utilized properly on the Rams. All of his measurables compare well to Edelman though.

If a team is actually going to get him 20 touches per game including special teams then he's worth a first rounder.  He's better than Austin and Montgomery.  

Some slot WR

Third down RB

Change of pace RB

Returner 

There should be 20 touches there. 

And that's his floor.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that he develops into more of a true RB with time. 

Curtis Conway on NFL Network had his floor as Danny Woodhead, ceiling Brian Westbrook.  I'd say floor Reggie Bush but I can get behind the Westbrook ceiling idea.

6 hours ago, devaster said:

I don't like any RB in the 1st, especially with the value at the position this year.

However, McCaffrey is more than a gadget guy or satellite back IMO. 

A similar small sized former Eagles workhorse has done well for himself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 96mnc said:

If a team is actually going to get him 20 touches per game including special teams then he's worth a first rounder.  He's better than Austin and Montgomery.  

Some slot WR

Third down RB

Change of pace RB

Returner 

There should be 20 touches there. 

And that's his floor.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that he develops into more of a true RB with time. 

Curtis Conway on NFL Network had his floor as Danny Woodhead, ceiling Brian Westbrook.  I'd say floor Reggie Bush but I can get behind the Westbrook ceiling idea.

Westbrook caught a lot of balls, but he wasn't actually lined up much at WR and asked to run routes like McCaffrey could actually do. I think McCaffrey will probably line up as a WR most of the time and get some change of pace or 3rd down carries.

It will be interesting to see what position he mostly plays at in the NFL. All comes down to coaching.

The Saints will bring in Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon for a visit, according to head coach Sean Payton.

The Saints will likely add a running back in the draft, the question is how early. Mixon will likely be selected in the second or third round, and the Saints are also in possession of the No. 32 overall pick after trading Brandin Cooks. Again, expect Mixon to visit a number of teams so those clubs can "get to know him," as he was not available for NFL Combine interviews.

Could you imagine?

17 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

Lawrence Phillips 2.0 ??? :huh:

I think he'd be used more like Reggie Bush on the Saints.

Another report of Mixon hitting a girl in HS that was covered up. Alleged, of course, but concerning nonetheless. I still think he is falling to day 3 and the later rounds, if not undrafted.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Another report of Mixon hitting a girl in HS that was covered up. Alleged, of course, but concerning nonetheless. I still think he is falling to day 3 and the later rounds, if not undrafted.

Fake news. 

2 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Fake news. 

Perhaps. But any news with Mixon right now is bad news for his draft stock. Little weird to recant his story after several years now that it has become a national topic and Mixon stands to earn a lot of money based on the direction of the allegations. I smell a cover up.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Perhaps. But any news with Mixon right now is bad news for his draft stock. Little weird to recant his story after several years now that it has become a national topic and Mixon stands to earn a lot of money based on the direction of the allegations. I smell a cover up.

I smell a smoke screen. Alleged victims father came forward and said he never hit her. Strange that it comes out this close to the draft, no? I think its just as plausible that somebody who wants mixon releases this "rumor" to scare off other teams. Incredibly hard to determine whats real or fake news at this point.

8 hours ago, devaster said:

He goes in top two rounds,....easily.

10 hours ago, devaster said:

Nobody cares.

• Like 1

I don't think this Mixon business is as negligible as some of you seem to think.

Obviously landing spot is everything, especially for RBs.

But no matter how talented someone is, if he slides, then he is more likely to get scooped up by a team that already has a strong RB1 and then it's welcome to ChristineMichaelsville.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I don't think this Mixon business is as negligible as some of you seem to think.

But no matter how talented someone is, if he slides, then he is more likely to get scooped up by a team that already has a strong RB1 and then it's welcome to ChristineMichaelsville.

Teams have had months to do their due diligence. At this point, they know whether or not they will draft him. I highly doubt that any team is sitting on the fence at this point.

Mixon will fall to the 2nd because a bunch of teams have him crossed off their list. those GMs either can't take the PR hit or they are prioritizing other positions. I would imagine if they pass on him in the first, they pass in the 2nd or even in the 3rd; assuming he lasts that long. The teams that want him won't hesitate to pull the trigger. 

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

I was just talking about this scenario yesterday. Some team can hedge their bet if they already have a safe starting RB. If they get Mixon they don't have to trot him out right away into the spotlight. Mixon will have to wait for his break and be a good soldier. If he does then team can say they held him to a higher standard and he earned the opportunity. Minimizes the pr hit and blowback from the public.

On the other hand if you bring him in and give him the keys to the car you know you're going to have a major distraction on your hands.

Sorry Joe, you're in the doghouse and will have a ways to go before you get to plop on the couch in front of the TV again. After what you did you're lucky they let you back in the house at all  :angry:

On 4/19/2017 at 6:52 PM, petekrum said:

He goes in top two rounds,....easily.

I'm thinking 3rd rd at best...have any teams publicly rolled the red carpet out for him, I haven't been paying attention to his visits.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:52 PM, vikingapocalypse said:

I smell a smoke screen. Alleged victims father came forward and said he never hit her. Strange that it comes out this close to the draft, no? I think its just as plausible that somebody who wants mixon releases this "rumor" to scare off other teams. Incredibly hard to determine whats real or fake news at this point.

This close to the draft, its all fake news.