ChasinDatPaper

NFL Draft '17

144 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:55 PM, psygolf said:

I'm thinking 3rd rd at best...have any teams publicly rolled the red carpet out for him, I haven't been paying attention to his visits.

It's the whole whistlin' a tune and looking the other way.

"We don't want Mixon...what u talking about?"  

They want that fat discount.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, predator_05 said:

Teams have had months to do their due diligence. At this point, they know whether or not they will draft him. I highly doubt that any team is sitting on the fence at this point.

Mixon will fall to the 2nd because a bunch of teams have him crossed off their list. those GMs either can't take the PR hit or they are prioritizing other positions. I would imagine if they pass on him in the first, they pass in the 2nd or even in the 3rd; assuming he lasts that long. The teams that want him won't hesitate to pull the trigger. 

Exactly.   It's just a question of how cheap he can be had.

prediction...he may be drafted in a higher round in FF leagues than the real draft.

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 2:10 AM, psygolf said:

prediction...he may be drafted in a higher round in FF leagues than the real draft.

I'll be shocked if he lasts past mid 2nd.

Gotta love the days before the draft and the inevitable blurb mad libs:

One (nfl team employee) told (reporter) that (player) (has/reminds him of)  (Player 31 GMs missed on last year/Hall of Fame Player/Total Bust)

2 people like this

The funniest thing is the trubisky talk at #1.
The browns would sooner offer the pick for the better garrapolo than do something so dumb as that.

1 person likes this

Or Tim " I Sh*t the " Couch :( ... STOP ME...the Brownies are too easy

Only team that makes me feel fortunate be a Lions fan (for now)

You heard it here first 2020 Super Bowl... THEE DEE-TROIT LIONS vs DA DAWG POUND & SUPER BOWL BOUND CLEEEV-LAND BROWNS

Probably be the first Super Bowl to ever get suspended after fans from both teams come out of the stands and trash the field. From the Malice @ the Palace Pistons fans. The Disco Demolition of Chicago when the White Sox & Tigers fans cancelled the 2nd game of a doubleheader. Banning of the bleachers creatures multiple times in Tiger Stadium. To the best brawl ever at 25¢ a beer night at the Mistake by the Lake when the Indians fans had a bit too much firewater. And of course the Dog Pound...rivaled only by the Black Hole for their fanaticism. Already got my tickets ordered ;)

Edited by howlin' 2
1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

You heard it here first 2020 Super Bowl... THEE DEE-TROIT LIONS vs DA DAWG POUND & SUPER BOWL BOUND CLEEEV-LAND BROWNS

Probably be the first Super Bowl to ever get suspended after fans from both teams come out of the stands and trash the field. From the Malice @ the Palace Pistons fans. The Disco Demolition of Chicago when the White Sox & Tigers fans cancelled the 2nd game of a doubleheader. Banning of the bleachers creatures multiple times in Tiger Stadium. To the best brawl ever at 25¢ a beer night at the Mistake by the Lake when the Indians fans had a bit too much firewater. And of course the Dog Pound...rivaled only by the Black Hole for their fanaticism. Already got my tickets ordered ;)

Not sure if you've been to any Browns games but the Dawg Pound is fairly dead. I actually think it's the other end zone that has gotten much more action in recent years.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS

6 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

Headlines Prediction:

"Lowest Rated Super Bowl Ever."

9 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

The funniest thing is the trubisky talk at #1.
The browns would sooner offer the pick for the better garrapolo than do something so dumb as that.

I've been a huge supporter of this new front office.

I'll seriously question everything I think about them if they take Mitch at #1.  And I actually think he's a good talent but not #1 overall good.   More like second round good mostly due to lack of game experience.

I don't think any of these QBs should be high first rounders.  They are have serious flaws.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I'll seriously question everything I think about them if they take Mitch at #1.  And I actually think he's a good talent but not #1 overall good.   More like second round good mostly due to lack of game experience.

I don't think any of these QBs should be high first rounders.  They are have serious flaws.

There are flaws all around at every position, but this draft is so deep that if the teams of QB need held their cards for a rd, these QBs could all fall to the 2nd.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Not sure if you've been to any Browns games but the Dawg Pound is fairly dead. I actually think it's the other end zone that has gotten much more action in recent years.

The kennel club is waiting to be unleashed once again...Once they are tossed a bone or two :P

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, psygolf said:

Headlines Prediction:

"Lowest Rated Super Bowl Ever."

You mean like the Cubs & Indians :huh:

Everyone loves the underdogs & lovable losers. It'd be awesome !!!

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

There are flaws all around at every position, but this draft is so deep that if the teams of QB need held their cards for a rd, these QBs could all fall to the 2nd.

Teams that need a "franchise" QB would be better off waiting until next year.   There look to be three guys all better than this year's crop.  If that means you trade down or trade for a 2018 first to have more ammo do it...I'm talking to you Browns.

As a Dallas fan I'd love if the Jets or possibly the Browns with their second first rounder offered their pick for Dallas' 2017 and 2018 first rounders depending on the DEs left on the board.

10 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I'm kind of hoping if the Jets trade the #6 to the Browns they get the Browns 2018 first.  

I think if this guy went and sat a year or two under a guy like roethlisberger, brees, rivers, palmer etc he has crazy potential. Hes the best raw talent at qb this year i think. Just look at his launch points, and the accuracy he still has. Even when hes not under pressure, the release stance looks a bit akward. Super raw, i wouldnt wanna see him pushed to start. But this guy on tape easily made me say "WOW" more then a few times. Shades of roethlisberger/rodgers with how good he is on the run and crazy launch points with crazy accuracy.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

I think if this guy went and sat a year or two under a guy like roethlisberger, brees, rivers, palmer etc he has crazy potential. Hes the best raw talent at qb this year i think. Just look at his launch points, and the accuracy he still has. Even when hes not under pressure, the release stance looks a bit akward. Super raw, i wouldnt wanna see him pushed to start. But this guy on tape easily made me say "WOW" more then a few times. Shades of roethlisberger/rodgers with how good he is on the run and crazy launch points with crazy accuracy.

I really like him as a developmental guy. 

I think either Pitt or Arizona take him. 

Reminds me of Farve.

I don't like how sloppy his footwork in the pocket is. 

Again,  I like all 5 guys as developmental guys but not high first rounders.

2 people like this