brockpapersizer

Garrett Richards 2017 Outlook

On 9/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, meh2 said:

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks. I'm guessing they'll limit him to 55 pitches on Monday then 70 on Sunday. I'm desperate for 2 start pitchers with strikeout/win upside but he looks too risky. I'm not sure he'll make it through 5 in either start.

Certainly not worth using him first start back, 2nd could be if it goes well. In weeklys it sucks but I think you have to pass on him. If your starter isn't even going 5 innings then no way are they worth using.

Fingers crossed he looks something close to his old self though.

As a huge Angels fan, I'm excited to see G-Rich back on the mound. Not really worth throwing out there tomorrow since he probably won't go more than 3-4 innings. 

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

As a huge Angels fan, I'm excited to see G-Rich back on the mound. Not really worth throwing out there tomorrow since he probably won't go more than 3-4 innings. 

Could he get a 2 start week though in weekly settings? Can't imagine you'll get enough IP for a W or QS in either start individually but might get 5-7 innings in total over the week. 

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Could he get a 2 start week though in weekly settings? Can't imagine you'll get enough IP for a W or QS in either start individually but might get 5-7 innings in total over the week. 

Who are they skipping so he gets 2 starts? They are off Thursday

9 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Who are they skipping so he gets 2 starts? They are off Thursday

Ah didn't realize they had the day off. Gonna keep him stashed on the DL for now then. 

5 pitch first inning. Slider hitting 90 and fastball hitting 97. 

Now up to only 18 pitches after 2 innings. 

Edited by jseay65
  • Like 1

Oof thought he'd be a great stash but early week matchup during the playoffs vs Houston and probably a 5 IP max.  Don't love that. Who's rolling him out there?

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Oof thought he'd be a great stash but early week matchup during the playoffs vs Houston and probably a 5 IP max.  Don't love that. Who's rolling him out there?

I think he's legit but that's a sit for me in daily and roto leagues.

• Like 1

in the playoffs in my deep 16 teamer

would anyone of you start him against Houston tomorrow?

or is that just too risky right now?

Still on a pitch count, vs Stros...that's a tough sell in any format

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mi26 said:

Worth a stream vs tex or would you use sabathia vs balt?

Richards over Sabathia for ratios. Don't count on a win or QS though. He's still working his way up to 75/80 pitches. 

Start a new thread for this guy? What are the thoughts on him heading into 2018? Seems to me to have huge upside at his expected cost in auctions due to injury discount.

[ Thread locked.  If you're chiming in to say "start a new thread", please be the change you seek and just... start a new thread. ]