Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danskeren

Rank these prospects

About to do a draft. Have a few picks among the firsts, and don't know who to pick. 

Everyone below 130 AB/50 IP is available. 

Scoring is 9/8, H2H. It is a contract league, and picks will be signed to a 6 year deal at minimum salary. I will be able to franchise tag one player per offseason, but please have the 6 year contract in mind when ranking.

Please rank the following prospects:

Nick Senzel, Kyle Lewis, Corey Ray, Zack Collins, Kevin Maitan, Mickey Moniak, Tyler O'Neill, Blake Rutherford, Vlad Guerrero Jr., Jason Groome, AJ Puk, Triston McKenzie.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

100% WHIR.

Benintendi, Alex Reyes, Dansby Swanson are all prospect eligible. 

I'd take all three before Senzel due to active status. 

Senzel would be my main target out of that group, fast to majors and will have a 3b job in Cincy

Lewis - despite the injury,,, you may be able to draft him later. Personally I took him with 1.7

Oneill

Ray

Rutherford

Vlad Jr

Collins

Moniak

Maitin

Puk

Groom

The pitchers could probably be a bit higher but I  would go bat first if some of those names are still on board, Mainly Senzel, Lewis, Ray and Rutherford. I would package picks if you can to move up and try and get Senzel... 

5 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Yeah if any of them are available then for sure, Benny, Reyes, and then Swanson for me

25 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Sorry - it's not the first minor league draft, so those guys are not available. That is why I only mentioned the ones I did.

The 2016 amateur draft class + Int. signings, and some guys who has jumped quickly through the rankings, are the ones available.

So if you sign international players or HS kids, their 6 years begin as well?

Moniak (19) wild be 25 when his contract ends while Senzel (21/22?) would be 27/28?

There's no value in drafting HSers then or a lot less at least.

Yeah. They need to be signed, so e.g. Otani is not available. When I pick a player, the 6 year contract kicks in, no matter which level he is. 

So Moniak loses value, just as Maitan does. 

Moniak will actually be 24, and Senzel 27. 

Players far away from the Majors loses value, but if the talent is big enough ..