mysonx3

Forrest Whitley - RHP HOU

Good read on Whitley's start last night

Key quote here:

"Basically, I'm reinventing my mechanics. They're a lot different from what they were a couple of years ago, even last year," Whitley said. "It's definitely a bit of an adjustment throwing all the pitches in the zone, but I feel like it all kinda came together tonight. Even when I was out of the zone, I was able to quickly correct it."

1 hour ago, Big League Choo said:

Any idea why he didn't make his scheduled start yesterday?

No idea, but Tyler Ivey threw last night and is listed as today’s starter on their website, so hopefully they just swapped them.

19 hours ago, Ulls55 said:

Very shaky tonight 😭

If he really did alter his mechanics mid-season then patience is going to be important. I think he needs an offseason of health to work on things and settle on his approach. Next year is going to be pretty important for him. 

6 hours ago, thezing1 said:

If he really did alter his mechanics mid-season then patience is going to be important. I think he needs an offseason of health to work on things and settle on his approach. Next year is going to be pretty important for him. 

Pretty much this. Sadly you can pretty much write off 2019 as a wasted year at this point.