mysonx3

Forrest Whitley - RHP HOU

Is there any way to find out how many minor league games has passed for his minor league club so we can get a count down of when 50 games might be approaching and his suspension is up?  I can't wait to stuff him into a NA slot and stop having to play with a short active roster and I know I'm not the only one here.

• Like 1

Just follow the minor league standings of the team he is on. I’m sure that’s easy to find on baseball reference or milb.com

Edited by merlin401

A couple weeks ago I checked the schedule and if my memory serves me correct, I believe his potential return date is around May 29th.

Edited by blinkfan77
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, merlin401 said:

Just follow the minor league standings of the team he is on. I’m sure that’s easy to find on baseball reference or milb.com

What team is he assigned to?

And thanks, blinkfan77.  I'm circling that in red of ye olde calendar ... give or take a few days thanks to weather etc.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

10 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And thanks, blinkfan77.  I'm circling that in red of ye olde calendar ... give or take a few days thanks to weather etc.

Correction...May 27 marks Fresno's 50th game. He's eligible on the 28th but I'm not sure what program he'll be on and how soon after that that he'll start...

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 7:21 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Easiest way is to get the MiLB app, and from there you can setup multiple teams as favorites and just jump back and forth from the main page to their games and boxscores. I follow Soto, Welker, and Alonso that way. Super easy. 

• Thanks 1

Only downside with Forrest is how good the Houston rotation is.  So unless someone gets hurt we probably don't see him until September. 

6 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Only downside with Forrest is how good the Houston rotation is.  So unless someone gets hurt we probably don't see him until September. 

Not only that but incredible depth as well. Even in case of injury there's Brad Peacock and Colin McHugh next on the depth chart who are guys who would be starting on the majority of MLB teams.

1 hour ago, elrey said:

Not only that but incredible depth as well. Even in case of injury there's Brad Peacock and Colin McHugh next on the depth chart who are guys who would be starting on the majority of MLB teams.

All true. Their depth in high quality, upper minors arms is unreal. Armenteros is also the first AAA guy up and they really like him. Whitley is borderline special enough to let him rise as he dictates, but really might need an injury to factor in the rotation. That said, usually pitchers comply with the injury part...

Here is Astros plan for Forrst Whitleys Return

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/astros-plan-forrest-whitleys-return/502370?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitte

Whitley was injured in his training for his return. He'll be out until mid June where he'll then report to AA Corpus Christi

Edited by JakeSarna

On 5/23/2018 at 8:51 AM, JakeSarna said:

Here is Astros plan for Forrst Whitleys Return

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/astros-plan-forrest-whitleys-return/502370?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitte

Whitley was injured in his training for his return. He'll be out until mid June where he'll then report to AA Corpus Christi

I don't care when he plays again as much as when he stops filling up an active roster space on my teams with the Suspended tag.  And that "when" is TODAY!!!!

Yes, as of today (May 31st) Yahoo has his status switched to NA!!!!  Finally! 

I want fireworks and feasting to celebrate not having to play with one of my active roster spots tied behind my back anymore!

Whataburger Field?  Is that a thing somewhere?  Guess minor leaguers can't even afford to play at the Golden Arches let alone eat there.  Another Forrest:  "Life is like a Whataburger.  You never know what you will get inside."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Whataburger Field?  Is that a thing somewhere?  Guess minor leaguers can't even afford to play at the Golden Arches let alone eat there.  Another Forrest:  "Life is like a Whataburger.  You never know what you will get inside."

Ha...yeah, Whataburger's a big Texas thing. They started out in Corpus Christi, so there ya have it. Seriously, though, good burgers - for being fast food. I doubt many non-Texans have a clue about it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, txrngr34 said:

Ha...yeah, Whataburger's a big Texas thing. They started out in Corpus Christi, so there ya have it. Seriously, though, good burgers - for being fast food. I doubt many non-Texans have a clue about it.

I'm from Southern Indiana, went to Houston many a times growing up. My favorite part of the trip was always Whataburger food and Blue Bell ice cream. 

As far as Whitley, really wish he was throwing by now. Sitting on the #1 WW spot in ESPN and ESPN just spammed the pool with a ton of prospects, not sure if I lean him or Bichette. I think Whit gets some MLB time this fall as a relief guy, and with the possible mass exodus of starters coming up he should have a chance to grab a rotation spot sooner rather than later. 

16 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

McDonald’s is garbage compared to Whataburger, but then again McDonald’s is garbage compared to 99% of places to eat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

As far as Whitley, really wish he was throwing by now. Sitting on the #1 WW spot in ESPN and ESPN just spammed the pool with a ton of prospects, not sure if I lean him or Bichette. I think Whit gets some MLB time this fall as a relief guy, and with the possible mass exodus of starters coming up he should have a chance to grab a rotation spot sooner rather than later. 

Their values are close, so I think roster needs have to factor in. Plus, as you said, Whitley has long been rumored to be likely to see action later this year while Bo probably won't.

2 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

McDonald’s is garbage compared to Whataburger, but then again McDonald’s is garbage compared to 99% of places to eat. 

GFY McDonald's is amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, txrngr34 said:

Their values are close, so I think roster needs have to factor in. Plus, as you said, Whitley has long been rumored to be likely to see action later this year while Bo probably won't.

I lean Bichette just because I always prefer the hitter to the pitcher with prospects. 

4 minutes ago, wiz said:

Anybody know how his start went today?

Box states 4 IP 55 pitches  37 strikes 1 HA 5 ks

13 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

I'm from Southern Indiana, went to Houston many a times growing up. My favorite part of the trip was always Whataburger food and Blue Bell ice cream. 

We are literally hours away from being able to land these two mega prospects. 

Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet until after they process. Hopefully my leaguemates are out doing the Friday Night scene and not paying attention to what ESPN. I've been checking on Bo every other day to see when they put him in.