elite

David Johnson 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Someone remind me - is there an end game to this?  A point at which they can no longer bring DJ back, so the most stubborn of fools like myself can finally drop him?

 

Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there only one spot left?

 

Cardinals designated LS Aaron Brewer (wrist, injured reserve) as one of their return players.

Brewer suffered a broken wrist in Week 5. He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.
 
 
Source: Arizona Republic
Dec 7 - 9:58 AM
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When asked if it's safe to say DJ isn't returning this season, Darren Urban replied...

 

 Been trending that way for a while. Nothing officially has been said, but close to it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is there only one spot left?

 

Cardinals designated LS Aaron Brewer (wrist, injured reserve) as one of their return players.

Brewer suffered a broken wrist in Week 5. He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.
 
 
Source: Arizona Republic
Dec 7 - 9:58 AM

That would mean there is one spot left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is there only one spot left?

 

Cardinals designated LS Aaron Brewer (wrist, injured reserve) as one of their return players.

Brewer suffered a broken wrist in Week 5. He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.
 
 
Source: Arizona Republic
Dec 7 - 9:58 AM

 

I know it's not the exact same injury, but it's like the fantasy gods are purposely screwing with us

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heizz said:

Why can't they just announce it already.

 

There's nothing to announce? If he comes back, he comes back and they announce that. As of right now, it doesn't look likely. If they activate someone else from IR, then he's done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, youngrice said:

He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.

 

LOL. I suppose this is a roundabout way of saying he is the long-snapper. The newspaper must of pulled this from thier department of redundancy department file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

 

LOL. I suppose this is a roundabout way of saying he is the long-snapper. The newspaper must of pulled this from thier department of redundancy department file.

He had to meet the word quota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chicagowhitesox1173 said:

Does this win increase his chance to come back?

BlaringInsignificantCony-max-1mb.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, chicagowhitesox1173 said:

Does this win increase his chance to come back?

 

Yes, it's now twice as likely that DJ plays this year. It went from a 0.000000001% chance to a 0.000000002% chance  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those still hanging on:

 

 
by RotoWire Staff
(49 mins ago) Cardinals general manager John Keim said Johnson (wrist) will only return this season if there's no gray area regarding his health, Darren Urban of the team's official website reports.

Recent comments from both sides suggest that player and team are in agreement, not quite ready to rule Johnson out for the season but also showing no desire to rush him back into action without any realistic shot to reach the playoffs. Given that Johnson said his wrist felt stiff less than two weeks ago, a return still seems unlikely. The Cardinals probably would want to see him get at least one full week of practice before potentially bringing him back for Week 16 or 17.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herschel said:

For those still hanging on:

 

 
by RotoWire Staff
(49 mins ago) Cardinals general manager John Keim said Johnson (wrist) will only return this season if there's no gray area regarding his health, Darren Urban of the team's official website reports.

Recent comments from both sides suggest that player and team are in agreement, not quite ready to rule Johnson out for the season but also showing no desire to rush him back into action without any realistic shot to reach the playoffs. Given that Johnson said his wrist felt stiff less than two weeks ago, a return still seems unlikely. The Cardinals probably would want to see him get at least one full week of practice before potentially bringing him back for Week 16 or 17.

So...you're telling me their's a chance.  YES!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So...you're telling me their's a chance.  YES!!!

I took that exactly the same way lol!  there IS a chance!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ, it's me again.  So after losing you in week one and expecting you back by week 13, I decided not to give up because if I could somehow make it into the playoffs I would have my stud back.  I worked the waiver wire all year like I was getting paid a 6 figure salary to do it.  Unbelievably, with a true definition of a boom/bust team I barely made it into the playoffs as the 6th seed.  This week I somehow managed to beat the team that had Brees, Bell, J. Williams, AJ Green, Kelce and Greg the Leg.  This week in the semis I have to play the team with Gurley, Fournette, Hopkins, K. Allen and Drake.  I don't think I can win this one without you DJ.  Is there any way you can get cleared to practice, practice for two days and then be ready to play this Sunday?

 

Thanks,

 

Chief

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Chief:

 

I am anxious to get back on to the field to help my teammates.  My recovery is going great.  Thanks for all your support.

 

Signed,

 

David Johnson

 

Dear Chief:

 

The doctors are going to make that decision.  I am pessimistic.  Also, I oove to tell it like it is.  That's my thing.  Turns out we have a crap team without Johnson.

 

Signed,  

 

Bruce Arians

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dear Chief:

 

The doctors are going to make that decision.  I am pessimistic.  Also, I oove to tell it like it is.  That's my thing.  Turns out we have a crap team without Johnson.

 

Signed,  

 

Bruce Arians

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4995505

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dear Chief:

 

I am anxious to get back on to the field to help my teammates.  My recovery is going great.  Thanks for all your support.

 

Signed,

 

David Johnson

 

Dear Chief:

 

The doctors are going to make that decision.  I am pessimistic.  Also, I oove to tell it like it is.  That's my thing.  Turns out we have a crap team without Johnson.

 

Signed,  

 

Bruce Arians

LOL, Nooooooooooooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting lonely waiting on this bus...I am jumping off for a backup QB for playoffs.  I do not see him coming back for week 16.

 

Good luck all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM, chief79 said:

DJ, it's me again.  So after losing you in week one and expecting you back by week 13, I decided not to give up because if I could somehow make it into the playoffs I would have my stud back.  I worked the waiver wire all year like I was getting paid a 6 figure salary to do it.  Unbelievably, with a true definition of a boom/bust team I barely made it into the playoffs as the 6th seed.  This week I somehow managed to beat the team that had Brees, Bell, J. Williams, AJ Green, Kelce and Greg the Leg.  This week in the semis I have to play the team with Gurley, Fournette, Hopkins, K. Allen and Drake.  I don't think I can win this one without you DJ.  Is there any way you can get cleared to practice, practice for two days and then be ready to play this Sunday?

 

Thanks,

 

Chief

Dear Mr. I'm-Too-Good-to-Call-or-Write-My-Fans
This'll be the last package I ever send your a**
It's been six weeks and still no word – I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two letters
I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect
So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it
I'm in the car right now, I'm doing 90 on the freeway
Hey, DJ, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
You know the song by Phil Collins
"In the Air of the Night" about that guy who could've saved that other guy from drownin'
But didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is
You could've rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late, I'm on a thousand downers now, I'm drowsy
And all I wanted was a lousy letter or a call
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I loved you, DJ, we could've been together – think about it!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.