elite

David Johnson 2017 Season Outlook

12 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Someone remind me - is there an end game to this?  A point at which they can no longer bring DJ back, so the most stubborn of fools like myself can finally drop him?

Week 2

Is there only one spot left?

Cardinals designated LS Aaron Brewer (wrist, injured reserve) as one of their return players.

Brewer suffered a broken wrist in Week 5. He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.

Source: Arizona Republic
Dec 7 - 9:58 AM
  • Thanks 1

When asked if it's safe to say DJ isn't returning this season, Darren Urban replied...

Been trending that way for a while. Nothing officially has been said, but close to it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Cardinals designated LS Aaron Brewer (wrist, injured reserve) as one of their return players.

Brewer suffered a broken wrist in Week 5. He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.

That would mean there is one spot left

3 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I know it's not the exact same injury, but it's like the fantasy gods are purposely screwing with us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heizz said:

Why can't they just announce it already.

There's nothing to announce? If he comes back, he comes back and they announce that. As of right now, it doesn't look likely. If they activate someone else from IR, then he's done. 

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

He returned to practice Wednesday and should take over as the snapper of longer than normal snaps this week.

LOL. I suppose this is a roundabout way of saying he is the long-snapper. The newspaper must of pulled this from thier department of redundancy department file.

29 minutes ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

LOL. I suppose this is a roundabout way of saying he is the long-snapper. The newspaper must of pulled this from thier department of redundancy department file.

He had to meet the word quota.

4 minutes ago, chicagowhitesox1173 said:

Does this win increase his chance to come back?

BlaringInsignificantCony-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, chicagowhitesox1173 said:

Does this win increase his chance to come back?

Yes, it's now twice as likely that DJ plays this year. It went from a 0.000000001% chance to a 0.000000002% chance  :P

For those still hanging on:

by RotoWire Staff
(49 mins ago) Cardinals general manager John Keim said Johnson (wrist) will only return this season if there's no gray area regarding his health, Darren Urban of the team's official website reports.

Recent comments from both sides suggest that player and team are in agreement, not quite ready to rule Johnson out for the season but also showing no desire to rush him back into action without any realistic shot to reach the playoffs. Given that Johnson said his wrist felt stiff less than two weeks ago, a return still seems unlikely. The Cardinals probably would want to see him get at least one full week of practice before potentially bringing him back for Week 16 or 17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

For those still hanging on:

by RotoWire Staff
(49 mins ago) Cardinals general manager John Keim said Johnson (wrist) will only return this season if there's no gray area regarding his health, Darren Urban of the team's official website reports.

Recent comments from both sides suggest that player and team are in agreement, not quite ready to rule Johnson out for the season but also showing no desire to rush him back into action without any realistic shot to reach the playoffs. Given that Johnson said his wrist felt stiff less than two weeks ago, a return still seems unlikely. The Cardinals probably would want to see him get at least one full week of practice before potentially bringing him back for Week 16 or 17.

So...you're telling me their's a chance.  YES!!!

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So...you're telling me their's a chance.  YES!!!

I took that exactly the same way lol!  there IS a chance!!!!

DJ, it's me again.  So after losing you in week one and expecting you back by week 13, I decided not to give up because if I could somehow make it into the playoffs I would have my stud back.  I worked the waiver wire all year like I was getting paid a 6 figure salary to do it.  Unbelievably, with a true definition of a boom/bust team I barely made it into the playoffs as the 6th seed.  This week I somehow managed to beat the team that had Brees, Bell, J. Williams, AJ Green, Kelce and Greg the Leg.  This week in the semis I have to play the team with Gurley, Fournette, Hopkins, K. Allen and Drake.  I don't think I can win this one without you DJ.  Is there any way you can get cleared to practice, practice for two days and then be ready to play this Sunday?

Thanks,

Chief

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dear Chief:

I am anxious to get back on to the field to help my teammates.  My recovery is going great.  Thanks for all your support.

Signed,

David Johnson

Dear Chief:

The doctors are going to make that decision.  I am pessimistic.  Also, I oove to tell it like it is.  That's my thing.  Turns out we have a crap team without Johnson.

Signed,  

Bruce Arians

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dear Chief:

The doctors are going to make that decision.  I am pessimistic.  Also, I oove to tell it like it is.  That's my thing.  Turns out we have a crap team without Johnson.

Signed,  

Bruce Arians

tenor.gif?itemid=4995505

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dear Chief:

I am anxious to get back on to the field to help my teammates.  My recovery is going great.  Thanks for all your support.

Signed,

David Johnson

Dear Chief:

Signed,  

Bruce Arians

LOL, Nooooooooooooo!

Getting lonely waiting on this bus...I am jumping off for a backup QB for playoffs.  I do not see him coming back for week 16.

Good luck all.

On December 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM, chief79 said:

DJ, it's me again.  So after losing you in week one and expecting you back by week 13, I decided not to give up because if I could somehow make it into the playoffs I would have my stud back.  I worked the waiver wire all year like I was getting paid a 6 figure salary to do it.  Unbelievably, with a true definition of a boom/bust team I barely made it into the playoffs as the 6th seed.  This week I somehow managed to beat the team that had Brees, Bell, J. Williams, AJ Green, Kelce and Greg the Leg.  This week in the semis I have to play the team with Gurley, Fournette, Hopkins, K. Allen and Drake.  I don't think I can win this one without you DJ.  Is there any way you can get cleared to practice, practice for two days and then be ready to play this Sunday?

Thanks,

Chief

Dear Mr. I'm-Too-Good-to-Call-or-Write-My-Fans
This'll be the last package I ever send your a**
It's been six weeks and still no word – I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two letters
I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect
So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it
I'm in the car right now, I'm doing 90 on the freeway
Hey, DJ, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
You know the song by Phil Collins
"In the Air of the Night" about that guy who could've saved that other guy from drownin'
But didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is
You could've rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late, I'm on a thousand downers now, I'm drowsy
And all I wanted was a lousy letter or a call
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I loved you, DJ, we could've been together – think about it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4