Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpecialFNK

Matt Holliday 2017 Outlook

67 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kwelch said:

No DH for him in the NL park.

Ah yes - duh. I don't even pay attn to interleague anymore. Thanks.

So is he gonna miss all 5 of these games in the NL?  Its that important to get Chris Carter's awesome hit tool & gold glove defense in there?

I would rather have him sit for every NL game than get hurt playing the field and join my already crowded DL.

1 person likes this

K-rate up to 30.7% this year. Was 16.7% last season. He's never been over 20% in his entire career.

And I watch his ABs everyday and can confirm he looks every bit as bad as those numbers suggest. Yes, he's run into a few, and the power is still there, but he's flailing at everything. Looks hideous up there.

17 minutes ago, absknicks said:

K-rate up to 30.7% this year. Was 16.7% last season. He's never been over 20% in his entire career.

And I watch his ABs everyday and can confirm he looks every bit as bad as those numbers suggest. Yes, he's run into a few, and the power is still there, but he's flailing at everything. Looks hideous up there.

still gets his walks tho

if he hits 25 homeruns with a 350 obp i think its a great signing by the yanks

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

still gets his walks tho

if he hits 25 homeruns with a 350 obp i think its a great signing by the yanks

He had one game against Baltimore where he went 0-0 with 5 walks I believe. He's had a somewhat inflated BB% ever since. Given his plate discipline issues right now, I think this could get really ugly. Think the Yankees will have to consider finding another option at DH unless he makes adjustments (if he still can). 

Edited by absknicks

Just now, absknicks said:

He had one game against Baltimore where he went 0-0 with 5 walks I believe. He's had a somewhat inflated BB% ever since. Given his plate discipline issues right now, I think this could get really ugly. Think the Yankees will have to consider finding another option at DH unless he makes adjustments (if he still can). 

they arent the team to give up on older player.

and if they do replace headly with torres there is no way they get rid of holliday that quick too

Just now, jfazz23 said:

they arent the team to give up on older player.

and if they do replace headly with torres there is no way they get rid of holliday that quick too

They'll find an alternative if he doesn't produce for a long stretch of time. You can't have a DH who's unproductive in the AL, especially if you're trying to compete.

Now he started out pretty hot so his seasonal numbers are still fine, but that K% is extremely scary if you want to project what he'll do ROS. 

Out due to allergies? Really? All that money and the Yankees can't keep some Benadryl around.

16 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Out due to allergies? Really? All that money and the Yankees can't keep some Benadryl around.

He's been under the weather for over a week since he ate a meal in Oakland. Was originally thought to be allergies now no one seems to know why it's persisting. Weird situation.

sounds like Giambi back in 03.  

On 6/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, absknicks said:

He's been under the weather for over a week since he ate a meal in Oakland. Was originally thought to be allergies now no one seems to know why it's persisting. Weird situation.

^ what do you think?   Fellow yankee fan  

Edited by rich22

On 6/27/2017 at 7:35 PM, rich22 said:

^ what do you think?   Fellow yankee fan  

im concerned now.  i hope its not a serious disease, but they say the blood tests were negative

can a blood test detect a parasite?  i am sure they thought of that though

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

im concerned now.  i hope its not a serious disease, but they say the blood tests were negative

can a blood test detect a parasite?  i am sure they thought of that though

I'd just be guessing.  I like the guy, I hope he is ok

Just a note****    Giambi parasite was in 04 and not 03

Edited by rich22