swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Season outlook

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Remember when Tom Brady was outplayed over a 5 game stretch this season by Josh McGown despite the fact that Brady is on a Super Bowl team and McGown is on, well, the Jets?

Here is another interesting statistical nugget from Brady's 2017 season:

"In December, he completed just 61.3% of his passes and completed a TD-INT ratio of 6-5 for a passer rating of 81.6. Those are Brock Osweiler numbers."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/overlooked-detail-in-espn-story-that-should-concern-pats-fans/ar-BBI7day?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

MVP?

McCown outplayed most QBs in that stretch. Just give him MVP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

McCown outplayed most QBs in that stretch. Just give him MVP.

Should we? Did McCown have a month where he was as Bad as Brady was in December?

25 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Should we? Did McCown have a month where he was as Bad as Brady was in December?

No clue. Gurley should be MVP. Was just pointing out what a ridiculous argument you had.

13 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

No clue. Gurley should be MVP. Was just pointing out what a ridiculous argument you had.

What is ridiculous about pointing out that there have been stretches this season where TB has not been MVP-like when considering him for MVP?

I agree with you, TG should get it.

We both know that is not going to happen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

What is ridiculous about pointing out that there have been stretches this season where TB has not been MVP-like when considering him for MVP?

I agree with you, TG should get it.

We both know that is not going to happen.

It is just odd to compare a 5 game stretch to another 5 game stretch of some random qb. You can cherry pick stats and make anyone look bad if you try hard enough.

• Like 1

FWIW I dont think Brady is even the Pats MVP.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Remember when Tom Brady was outplayed over a 5 game stretch this season by Josh McGown despite the fact that Brady is on a Super Bowl team and McGown is on, well, the Jets?

"In December, he completed just 61.3% of his passes and completed a TD-INT ratio of 6-5 for a passer rating of 81.6. Those are Brock Osweiler numbers."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/overlooked-detail-in-espn-story-that-should-concern-pats-fans/ar-BBI7day?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

MVP?

In September 64.5% 8-0 td int

October 67.8% 8-2 

november 73.8% 10-1

you “only” counting the month of December? Is that some type of new math

Tom threw for the most yards in 2017

3rd in TD’s with 32 

3rd in QB rating with 102.8 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

It is just odd to compare a 5 game stretch to another 5 game stretch of some random qb. You can cherry pick stats and make anyone look bad if you try hard enough.

True. I guess one thing, among many, that annoys me about Brady regarding the '17 MVP pick and several other aspects of his career, is you can also cherry picks stats to make you look good,

Also agree he's not the MVP of the Pats. I believe he was unable to convert a single 3rd down and had a pretty horrific game when Gronk served that 1 game suspension. I believe Gronk also accounts for ~1/3 of TB's passing yards. That's a case for teamMVP

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

In September 64.5% 8-0 td int

October 67.8% 8-2 

november 73.8% 10-1

you “only” counting the month of December? Is that some type of new math

Tom threw for the most yards in 2017

3rd in TD’s with 32 

3rd in QB rating with 102.8 

Where re did he rank in pass attempts?

59 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

True. I guess one thing, among many, that annoys me about Brady regarding the '17 MVP pick and several other aspects of his career, is you can also cherry picks stats to make you look good,

Also agree he's not the MVP of the Pats. I believe he was unable to convert a single 3rd down and had a pretty horrific game when Gronk served that 1 game suspension. I believe Gronk also accounts for ~1/3 of TB's passing yards. That's a case for teamMVP

Yes, Gronk  is Pats MVP.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, FreakFries said:

MVP?

On 1/9/2018 at 6:26 PM, oban14 said:

He is on the decline.  

It's been fun rooting for Jacksonville this post season, and I will root for them again.  This will be an interesting game.  If the Jax defense shows up and Bortles doesn't completely ruin the offense I see Jax winning.

The fact is the NE receivers aren't that great but the Jax secondary is.  The Jax d-line gets pressure and Tom has gotten sacked a lot when facing a good d-line.  I don't even know what the spread is but if the Jax are getting 3.5 or more I'd put my money on them.

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

It's been fun rooting for Jacksonville this post season, and I will root for them again.  This will be an interesting game.  If the Jax defense shows up and Bortles doesn't completely ruin the offense I see Jax winning.

The fact is the NE receivers aren't that great but the Jax secondary is.  The Jax d-line gets pressure and Tom has gotten sacked a lot when facing a good d-line.  I don't even know what the spread is but if the Jax are getting 3.5 or more I'd put my money on them.

Gronk will make any WR corp pretty great.

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

I have a feeling they are going to be looking at the Niners tape in looking how to exploit the Jaguars Defense.

They've been lights out against mediocre QBs, but good QBs have been able to carve them up.  

Right now the spread is -9 Pats.  I think that's more in line with how the final score will be.

This defense is good, but it's also young and will make mistakes.

15 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I have a feeling they are going to be looking at the Niners tape in looking how to exploit the Jaguars Defense.

They've been lights out against mediocre QBs, but good QBs have been able to carve them up.  

Right now the spread is -9 Pats.  I think that's more in line with how the final score will be.

This defense is good, but it's also young and will make mistakes.

I think the Steelers tape is more valuable because in my view schematically they are closer to the pats than the Niners with the power run game, use of TE's and 3wr sets. Unfortuntely Cooks is nowhere close to being as dangerous as AB but when you have a Gronk you can hurt any defense.  However hoodie has the QB and players to  change schemes every week and it won't look like anything he did the week before because he tailors it to the opponent they play in terms of personel. 

When u think the pats zig they will zag and when u think they will zag they will zag because hoodie says u cant stop his zag. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 6:30 PM, Nap Time said:

If I were alive, I'd be leaning towards playing Goff (against the Titans) over Brady.

Never sit your studs.  Unfortunately, Brady isn't a stud, so the decision is tough if you have another good QB.

Like I said.  Brady had 18 points, Goff had 31 points.

Brady was somewhere around QB12 during Weeks 4-17.  He was not a fantasy stud.   If you didn't notice this by the fantasy playoffs, you aren't very good at this game.

Edited by Nap Time

11 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Like I said.  Brady had 18 points, Goff had 31 points.

Brady was somewhere around QB12 during Weeks 4-17.  He was not a fantasy stud.   If you didn't notice this by the fantasy playoffs, you aren't very good at this game.

Cool story bro. 

No one cares.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The most overrated player in NFL history's season ends Sunday - if the refs let the Jags play defense 

Maybe if they hadn't said out loud they were gonna win. BB and Brady love that.