Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Stephen Piscotty 2017 Outlook

where is he expected to hit in the lineup?

in 2016 he had 49 games in the 2 spot (.310/.372/.532/.904/ .351 BABIP/ 6.7 BB%/ 17.9 K%)

in 2016 he had 31 games in the 3 spot (.244/.275/.382/.657/ .318 BABIP/ 3.0 BB%/ 28.0 K%)

in 2016 he had 63 games in the 4 spot (.263/.348/.449/.797/ .289 BABIP/ 9.7 BB%/ 17.2 K%)

1st half-.295/.370/.480/.849/ .337 BABIP/ 9.0 BB%/ 17.4 K%  

2nd half- .247/.310/.430/.740/ .295 BABIP/ 6.5 BB%/ 24.3 K%   

did his spot in the order impact his numbers?

like him alot and if you go sp heavy early he is a quality bat you need to target along with his teammate diaz

plus they both hit in the middle of a solid lineup 

I have him ranked as my 26th OF but I could see him finishing almost 10 spots higher than that as I see his counting stats increasing this year. Something along the lines of .285/90/26/97/8 is within reach batting 4th with Fowler, Diaz, and Carpenter hitting in front of him. I also see a little more power than most are projecting as I saw a change in his approach when he started pulling the ball more than he had in 2015.

I feel like he's one of those guys that doesn't get talked about much, but provides you with under the radar consistency.

22 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I feel like he's one of those guys that doesn't get talked about much, but provides you with under the radar consistency.

This.

This guy is a professional hitter. Has been at every level of the game. Consistent bat, smart guy, and the pop has seen to come with him. Underrated indeed.

The Hosmer of outfielders? (with a bit more pop)

High floor, unspectacular ceiling. 

I really like him as an OF3, and if you whiff on outfield he isn't the worst OF2. 

3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

The Hosmer of outfielders? (with a bit more pop)

High floor, unspectacular ceiling.

His numbers remind me a lot of Kyle Seager. But yeah, same thing.

I think his Ceiling is something like... .300/90/30/100/8  Which is borderline first round numbers. Definitely an overlooked player this year

On 3/18/2017 at 1:34 AM, colepenhagen said:

like him alot and if you go sp heavy early he is a quality bat you need to target along with his teammate diaz

plus they both hit in the middle of a solid lineup 

yes!

Piscotty will be one of those guys come July everyone will be like "dag gone! I could have gotten this guy in round ...."

I've had him on my dynasty roster for a few years now. Even though he is having a slow spring i fully expect Piscotty to have a solid year, 27-32 homers / 80-95 rbi....Even went as far to make a wager with another guy in the league. Piscotty will have a better fantasy baseball year then Yelich. Loser pays the other ones buy in next year. 

47 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Matt Holliday 2.0 potential?

stl. holliday maybe.... col. holliday, one can only dream

quality college bat that has discovered some much needed power

I had a choice between him and Keon Broxton in a 3-year keeper league that uses OBP instead of average. 

I went with the sexy upside in Broxton but damn if I don't think I made the wrong choice! 

Why is Peralta batting 4th instead of Piscotty? Piscotty was the most consistent producer in the lineup last year.

Not what I thought I was buying when drafting him.

1 hour ago, Wallscrapers said:

Why is Peralta batting 4th instead of Piscotty? Piscotty was the most consistent producer in the lineup last year.

Not what I thought I was buying when drafting him.

Welcome to the club.  I passed on Addison Russell for him.

He struggled during Spring Training.  Was pretty mediocre last season during the 2nd half.  Still surprised the Matheny didn't have enough faith in him to bat him 4th.

I predicted a breakout this season.

Edited by B&F

Unlucky day for Piscotty. Hit by pitch in the elbow, hit on a throw to second on his elbow, popped in the head on a slide to home. Now he's in the concussion program. 

8 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Unlucky day for Piscotty. Hit by pitch in the elbow, hit on a throw to second on his elbow, popped in the head on a slide to home. Now he's in the concussion program. 

Yeah in one trip around the bases lol he got drilled in the head by a hard throw from Baez.

the HBP had to hurt right on his right elbow.  The throw down to second was off the evo shield so I'm sure that one wasn't bad plus it was on his left elbow.  The throw to the head that was probably the worst.  Poor guy his aggressive base running netted an extra run, but at what cost?