FlashGordon401

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

241 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

That's a little too much for sure. Richardson was next level bad. 3 YPC second year. Pathetic.

Gurley isn't insanely far back though.

Its not the ypc that made TRich bad. It was the fact he ran into his own linemen and continuously missed wide open lanes. He is the quintessential example of having poor vision. 

back to the trich- gurley comparisons huh?  Dudes do not have similar run styles at all.. but lets keep up with the lazy comparison simply because gurley struggled...its easy to find a guy that was supposed to be good but wasn't and compare him to gurley because of gurley's bad year.  That's just lazy..

Rams are really starting to address their O-Line and Blocking.

Things are starting to look very good for Gurley

Edited by ponza88

On 3/7/2017 at 8:24 AM, Rizzle630 said:

back to the trich- gurley comparisons huh?  Dudes do not have similar run styles at all.. but lets keep up with the lazy comparison simply because gurley struggled...its easy to find a guy that was supposed to be good but wasn't and compare him to gurley because of gurley's bad year.  That's just lazy..

There is no denying that Gurley is a Marshawn Lynchian Beast.  Yards after contact are unbelievable.

His issues last year were a combination of blocking and vision.  

McVay's (Head Coach) background is a TE coach, which makes sense seeing how he utilized TEs in WASH.  No help.

Matt LaFleur's (New OC) background is 100% QB coach.  No help.

Gurley requested another chance with his RB coach, Skip Peete.  He's still there.  Good sign.  It suggests Gurley is taking responsibility for last year, and he wants to fix that.

It's all up to the o-line, Skip Peete, and Todd Gurley in 2017. 

I'll be taking a close look at their schedule before fantasy draft.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-rams/post/_/id/33005/todd-gurley-wanted-another-chance-with-rams-rb-coach

Week 4:

For now, the Rams can only deal with what is in front of them. And here it is: Only Adrian Peterson, who suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee during Week 2, ranks lower than Gurley in both rushing yards per carry and average yards before first contact. One season removed from finishing third in rushing yards as a rookie, Gurley has carried the ball 82 times for a mere 216 yards.

Week 7:

75.7% of Gurley's yards this year have come after contact. Highest rate in the league.

Aaron Kromer, wherever he's been has gotten big rushing attack going. As soon as I heard that Kromer was hired, I called Todd and told him to expect a 1500 yard year"
~Heath Evans / NFL Fantasy Live

I'm thinking more around 2,000. LET'S GO!

1 person likes this

Happy they signed Whitworth.

Happy they moved Robinson inside.  

Upgrade at two spots already...

2 people like this

42 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Happy they signed Whitworth.

Happy they moved Robinson inside.  

Upgrade at two spots already...

Same! If we get Groy at C, that's even better news.

A revamped O-Line with Kromer will do wonders for Goff & Gurley.

13 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Same! If we get Groy at C, that's even better news.

A revamped O-Line with Kromer will do wonders for Goff & Gurley.

When can we expect to find out about Groy?  This OL is really coming together, wouldn't mind using a day 3 pick or two to see if we can strike some gold in the later rounds.  

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, smeeze said:

When can we expect to find out about Groy?  This OL is really coming together, wouldn't mind using a day 3 pick or two to see if we can strike some gold in the later rounds.  

Right now actually...

Bills are matching the RFA Sheet. No biggie, there's plenty of other options. With Kromer and our additions this summer, I really like Gurley hitting RB1 status.

I agree with you too, I think we're going to target a receiver... Juju or Godwin in the 2nd, then fill out our defense / line with promising rookies. This is a great year for defense. 

We're gonna get a C and probably another CB or two to coach up.

Edited by ponza88

If John Sullivan gets signed (they're hosting him now!)... and he can get his health back atleast a little, this would do WONDERS for Rams' OL.

They signed Dunbar. All the evidence I need to confirm they don't view Gurley as a three-down back. 

22 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

They signed Dunbar. All the evidence I need to confirm they don't view Gurley as a three-down back. 

Compelling evidence LOL.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Cunningham is a FA, I think it more so points to them letting him go, you know, the RB that should be cutting into Gurley's work (previous narrative). 

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Cunningham is a FA, I think it more so points to them letting him go, you know, the RB that should be cutting into Gurley's work (previous narrative). 

When signing guys like Dunbar make you think less of a Gurley, I need a stiff drink. lol

Who do they have behind Gurley? Not sure they even have anyone but Gurley and Dunbar. 

1 minute ago, Mavis said:

When signing guys like Dunbar make you think less of a Gurley, I need a stiff drink. lol

Who do they have behind Gurley? Not sure they even have anyone but Gurley and Dunbar. 

I was mocking a previous narrative on the boards. I think they'll be riding into the season with Gurley/Dunbar/Brown. Malcolm Brown being the main benefactor if Gurley goes down.

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I was mocking a previous narrative on the boards. I think they'll be riding into the season with Gurley/Dunbar/Brown. Malcolm Brown being the main benefactor if Gurley goes down.

I agree, I read the comment above you were responding too, I wanted to quote that but still getting familiar.

Gurley will get the ball as many times as he can is what my belief is, what he will do with it is a different question.