FlashGordon401

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

on draft day i went Gurley-Hyde-Hunt-Miller they all laughed as they drafted zeke,freeman,howard,julip,lesean,jordy,evans,demarco,ajg- obj, etc etc. Dude Gurley is your rb1? Dude did you do any draft homework? Did you see what he did LAST YEAR?

Yes. i did see what he did last year which is why he is my rb1 THIS YEAR!

we get it 

• Like 3

Aight bro I know he was pretty good the last couple weeks, but the real question is can he be trusted in week 17 against the Niners? Game flow conerns. 🤔

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Im going to miss owning him. :(

• Like 1

Congratulations to all who drafted Gurley or traded for him. I thought 20 games in a row without 100 yards rushing - especially since he faced the 2016 Niners twice - was too big a red flag. Obviously not. 

I think it should be noted that adding a new center made a ginormous difference. Not the only difference or reason, but the Falcons went from garbage to the Super Bowl 2015/2016 by adding a new center and the Rams went from no running game to their RB becoming the NFL MVP. In both cases adding a new center wasn't the only factor but I think its clearly a big one.

anyway, congratulations again to Gurley owners

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I drafted him 19th  in a 12 team ppr. I remember not being thrilled, wanted Doug Baldwin for some reason. No title without him.

• Like 1

Getting out from under Jeff Fisher helped, too.  The Rams OC last year was a pretty unimpressive type, iirc.

Jordan Howard people take notice, if the Bears fire John Fox and bring in a competent offensive staff.

• Like 1

Lets not kid ourselves if you drafted Todd Gurley (I did) I had no idea Todd was going to dominate like what we seen. I took a chance on draft day, and really after the draft I was worried I might have made a mistake drafting Gurley, but Todd proved I was a genius.

Everything pointed Todd was trending downward. His 2016 campaign was dismal.

What brought all this together for Todd Gurley?

Could it have been Sean McVay, the emergence of Jarod Goff the revamp offensive line or could it have been the new set of WR's?

• Like 2

Just now, shakestreet said:

Could it have been Sean McVay, the emergence of Jarod Goff the revamp offensive line or could it have been the new set of WR's?

All of the above. 

• Like 2

He looks like a video game running back. I’m in two leagues.  I survived his onslaught last week to have the upper hand in that league (Pitt gsme will decide it) but he finished me in my other league. I only lost by a few points too, just a ridiculous performance. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Merry Christmas, you all... Now you greedy bastards better thank this man who carried you on his back to a championship by donating some of those winnings to his charity of choice: https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/why-were-here/todd-gurley-31

that is pretty damn awesome, will do!

thanks for the tip, Merry Christmas Gurley Nation! 🎄

• Like 1

Based on ESPN First Take, Tom Brady has received 11 of 12 1st place votes in MVP voting??!!!?? That should change this week but what??!??

Jimmy-Fallon-What.gif

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Based on ESPN First Take, Tom Brady has received 11 of 12 1st place votes in MVP voting??!!!?? That should change this week but what??!??

Jimmy-Fallon-What.gif

WHAT?

Tom Brady is the clear cut MVP winner

6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Jimmy-Fallon-What.gif

This is the other reason everyone hates the Patriots, unbearable overhype and relentless schill marketing on the sports channels. 

Someone please explain to In to me what Brady has done that is so great this season? Played competently on a great football team with the best coach ever? Gurley just threw down a game yesterday that invoked descriptions like "Not since Hershel Walker in 1985.." and "Not since Jamal Charles in 2013..." and "Only X number of running backs in NFL history..."

What has  Brady done? Carved up the putrid AFC East by throwing a 1/3 of his passss to Gronk? Brady hasn't  had a game like Gurley all season. 

Brady as MVP over Gurley has to make you seriously question the integrity of the NFL. Especially when you throw the fact that the Patriots team owner is "one of the most powerful owners in the NFL!" whatever the hell that means.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Jimmy-Fallon-What.gif

Pretty boy QB with male model looks and a supermodel wife.  Every voter wants to be like him which is why they voted for him. His big win over the Steelers was a game AB was lost, Gronk had his best game and the refs blew the call in the end over a stupid  what is a catch rule a bunch of lawyers made up.

Sorry to all of the Brady lovers out there but he hasnt done anything exceptional even by his previous standards except turn 40yrs old. 

Gurley has dominated in his position putting up histpric production and only had a single game where he wsnt in the top 20. Dude is dominating in an era where coaches prefer to use 2 or more rb's like a box of chocolates

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

This is the other reason everyone hates the Patriots, unbearable overhype and relentless schill marketing on the sports channels. 

Someone please explain to In to me what Brady has done that is so great this season? Played competently on a great football team with the best coach ever? Gurley just threw down a game yesterday that invoked descriptions like "Not since Hershel Walker in 1985.." and "Not since Jamal Charles in 2013..." and "Only X number of running backs in NFL history..."

What has  Brady done? Carved up the putrid AFC East by throwing a 1/3 of his passss to Gronk? Brady hasn't  had a game like Gurley all season. 

Brady as MVP over Gurley has to make you seriously question the integrity of the NFL. Especially when you throw the fact that the Patriots team owner is "one of the most powerful owners in the NFL!" whatever the hell that means.

Yeah. I have no problems with Brady, and will admit he is one of the greatest QB's of all time.

But this year is nothing special and he has regressed. He does not deserve the MVP and now it's basically just bring rewarded based on his name  

• Like 1

The third-year Los Angeles Rams running back put together another carry-his-teams-on-his-back performance on Sunday, scoring 49.6 PPR fantasy points. It was the second consecutive week that he scored at least 45, making him the first player to do that in back-to-back games since at least 1950.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

You being a Patriot hater there is no way you can understand a damn thing what constitutes a MVP . 

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So are you telling us the MVP award should go to a player that performed in week 15/16?

ok 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

So are you telling us the MVP award should go to a player that performed in week 15/16?

ok 

Maybe my post was clear enough so i will clarify. I am saying that TOM BRADY SHOULD NOT BE THE NFL MVP OVER TODD GURLEY. :P

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

ok 

So are you trying to convince us that Tom Brady should be given the award after producing just 4 TD's and 5 INT's over his last 4 weeks?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You being a Patriot hater there is no way you can understand a damn thing what constitutes a MVP . 

All your posts contain darkness that crackles like a thundercloud Shakestreet.

• Thanks 1