JSA2422

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

11 posts in this topic

too early for this? 

DJ owner (reigning champ) in my keeper league has a first pick this year and Bell (after 3 years we reset) is hitting the draft.. 

:rolleyes:

On 2/8/2017 at 2:31 PM, JSA2422 said:

too early for this? 

DJ owner (reigning champ) in my keeper league has a first pick this year and Bell (after 3 years we reset) is hitting the draft.. 

:rolleyes:

Just keep in mind that it's very possible that the reigning champ will be in here next season, complaining about Bell's lengthy suspension due to failing another drug test.

1 person likes this

Wasnt sure where to leave this so I'll put it here for now. Idiotic if the league makes this move. Am I the only one who hates ties as well? Why can't they just play out the quarter like any other sport and go to multiple over times if necessary? Ties are dumb IMO.

The NFL's overtime period could be shortened from 15 to 10 minutes in 2017.

Playoff overtimes would remain 15 minutes, though that's irrelevant since postseason games cannot end in ties. It seems like a bad idea, one certain to increase the number of ties. The logic is supposedly that the 15-minute period is too much extra football to be played in one week, especially a short one. Marvin Lewis would be all but guaranteed of bringing home his fourth career tie in 2017 if the rule is passed.

1 hour ago, elite said:

Wasnt sure where to leave this so I'll put it here for now. Idiotic if the league makes this move. Am I the only one who hates ties as well? Why can't they just play out the quarter like any other sport and go to multiple over times if necessary? Ties are dumb IMO.

The NFL's overtime period could be shortened from 15 to 10 minutes in 2017.

Playoff overtimes would remain 15 minutes, though that's irrelevant since postseason games cannot end in ties. It seems like a bad idea, one certain to increase the number of ties. The logic is supposedly that the 15-minute period is too much extra football to be played in one week, especially a short one. Marvin Lewis would be all but guaranteed of bringing home his fourth career tie in 2017 if the rule is passed.

I'm not all that opposed to ties, but I really wish they'd move to something resembling the college OT rule.  Eliminate the kickoff/punt returns to eliminate your extra dangerous plays.  I'd almost forbid kicking all together to end the game quicker if that's your big concern.  Hell, if you really want it to end fast, remove 1 down every additional OT.  Sure, by the 4th OT you're only getting 1 down to get 10 yards, but you're really removing the coin flip problem. 

17 hours ago, jbshaw said:

I'm not all that opposed to ties, but I really wish they'd move to something resembling the college OT rule.  Eliminate the kickoff/punt returns to eliminate your extra dangerous plays.  I'd almost forbid kicking all together to end the game quicker if that's your big concern.  Hell, if you really want it to end fast, remove 1 down every additional OT.  Sure, by the 4th OT you're only getting 1 down to get 10 yards, but you're really removing the coin flip problem. 

Good idea. I dont follow college football but how many games go into multiple OT's?

I can see most NFL games going 2 OT's on occasion - with an 3rd OT happening once in a blue moon. Of course thats just my hunch, maybe more so just hoping they'd get rid of the dumb tie rule lol

7 minutes ago, elite said:

Good idea. I dont follow college football but how many games go into multiple OT's?

I can see most NFL games going 2 OT's on occasion - with an 3rd OT happening once in a blue moon. Of course thats just my hunch, maybe more so just hoping they'd get rid of the dumb tie rule lol

With good offenses/bad defenses, a fair bit.  Making teams go for 2 in the 3OT though seems to be what kills it quickly.

Where are the Jets fans?

They seem to be running up the white flag on another season already.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Where are the Jets fans?

They should.   That team needs to go full rebuild.  I wouldn't even bother bringing in Cutler or a vet QB.  And I'd trade Richardson and Wilkerson.  If I could I'd also move Forte and Decker.

11 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Where are the Jets fans?

Rinse, repeat

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Where are the Jets fans?

Never understood why you would willingly be a Jets fan with the Giants in town.  Seems like self-induced torture...

1 person likes this