JSA2422

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

Just now, KennyWoo said:

If I lose a trial and you tweet me telling me I'm a loser the last thing I'm going to do is dignify it by blasting a response out to the public.

My comments have nothing to do with whether the players should be harassed or not.  I didn't even address that.  Of course they shouldn't.  But that's life in the public eye.

By acting like a flake and responding, the players only draw more hecklers.  There's nothing a heckler loves more than finding someone he knows to be an "easy mark."  

I think if you lost a trial and you had 500 people tweet you saying you're a s---y loser failure and a bitch and they hope your mother gets raped and dies a violent death because your trial loss had a negative effect on their hobby you might start lost that "just brush it off" attitude a little bit. You'd almost certainly start to take a dim view of "fantasy lawyer leagues". 

4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I think if you lost a trial and you had 500 people tweet you saying you're a s---y loser failure and a bitch and they hope your mother gets raped and dies a violent death because your trial loss had a negative effect on their hobby you might start lost that "just brush it off" attitude a little bit. You'd almost certainly start to take a dim view of "fantasy lawyer leagues". 

Are you even reading my posts?  I never said the guy should "brush it off."  I said he shouldn't respond and publicize the attacks.  You do realize that most of these losers who attack these players have like 10 twitter followers while the players themselves have tens of thousands, right?  

When week 4 comes around and your FF team is decimated by injuries in yet another week and you have had it.

yLxfd3z.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Are you even reading my posts?  I never said the guy should "brush it off."  I said he shouldn't respond and publicize the attacks.  You do realize that most of these losers who attack these players have like 10 twitter followers while the players themselves have tens of thousands, right?  

sorry. you're right. the brush it off thing is indeed something you didn't say. 

As far as I know players aren't singling out individual twitter followers, generally. This discussion stems from Sherman saying a lot of players have soured on fantasy football because it's dehumanized them and a lot of FF players see them only as stats that either help or hurt their fake teams. I agree with him. That's messed up and FF players need to maintain some perspective. Your perspective seems to be that he shouldn't even say that because that will incite the trolls? 

Here's Sherman's quote from ESPN:

"I think a lot of people, a lot of fans out there have looked at players even less like people because of fantasy football and things like that," Sherman said. "You go and say, 'Oh man, this guy got hurt.'

"You're not thinking, 'Hey man, this guy got hurt -- he's really physically hurt and he's going to take time to recover and it's probably going to affect his mental state and his physical state and now he has a long, rigorous rehab.' You're thinking, 'Oh, man, he's messing up my fantasy team.'"

To be fair I think in the past a lot of fans would have thought "oh man this guy got hurt. now he can't help the team that i root for". The difference is now people can hop on a twitter account and @ the athlete and anonymously yell at them. I think that last part is crucial. 

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1

0-4 in my main league after a strange week. It started with the Bears/Packers game where Tarik Cohen's game script was there but he got no tread from Fox. Then, on Sunday, Robert Woods almost had a TD catch early on in the slate of games but the referees didn't think he had control (debatable). Annoying, but I can hang in there, still plenty of games left..

It gets late in the Charger game, when I'm up 12 points on my opponent (thanks Winston/Tyrell) and he's nearing the end of his games besides a kicker. He has Fitzgerald, Cooper, and Cook all winding down with disappointing efforts on the day, that is, until Palmer hits Fitzgerald for the game-winner in OT.. 

I never fully had hope in this league after the first 3 weeks, but damn! It was a terrible, false hope-filled day that set me up for another Loss and likely sealed my fate.

Woof.

• Like 1

Lost Carson and Ty got injured 

now slowly getting ready to take this L 😪😭

winning 105.96 - 104.48.

hes got Kareem hunt playing rn 

Seriously, f--- snake drafts. They reward laziness.

When I look at my auction-drafted team for Fantasy Football, I'm like, BOOM.

When I look at my snake-drafted team for Fantasy Football, I'm like, f--- snake drafts.

My snake-drafted team is about to fall to 1-3. I was s---y pick #7. A pick where, by the time it gets to me, all the decent first round guys were gone. And by round 2, all the decent round 2 guys I wanted were gone. The draft just ended in pure s--- because of a random pick order determined by the pull of my name from a hat, pre-draft.

Meanwhile, my auction team, where I got to go out and grab the guys I wanted, is ******** stacked. Both PPR, both same league size.

The difference is I didn't have to sit and decide, should I take this guy because he's the best available guy where my pick is at? Hell no, I could sit there and be like, I want Kareem Hunt and I'm willing to pay more $$ to make sure he's on my roster.

My auction team is going to be 3-1 after this week. As of right now, I'm dropping 172 points on my opponent, next highest score is 118. I'm also beating the next highest scorer in my league by 20 points and tomorrow, it will be by nearly 100 points. I will have damn near scored another entire games worth of points in my starting lineup, than the next team. AND I have a stacked bench.

I look at my snake team. And the only thing I can think of... f--- Snake.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holben said:

When I look at my snake-drafted team for Fantasy Football, I'm like, f--- snake drafts.

My snake-drafted team is about to fall to 1-3. I was s---y pick #7. A pick where, by the time it gets to me, all the decent first round guys were gone. And by round 2, all the decent round 2 guys I wanted were gone. The draft just ended in pure s--- because of a random pick order determined by the pull of my name from a hat, pre-draft.

Meanwhile, my auction team, where I got to go out and grab the guys I wanted, is ******** stacked. Both PPR, both same league size.

The difference is I didn't have to sit and decide, should I take this guy because he's the best available guy where my pick is at? Hell no, I could sit there and be like, I want Kareem Hunt and I'm willing to pay more $$ to make sure he's on my roster.

My auction team is going to be 3-1 after this week. As of right now, I'm dropping 172 points on my opponent, next highest score is 118. I'm also beating the next highest scorer in my league by 20 points and tomorrow, it will be by nearly 100 points. I will have damn near scored another entire games worth of points in my starting lineup, than the next team. AND I have a stacked bench.

Soooo it sounds like your snake draft was a bigger challenge and you fell short. Sucks for you. 

• Like 1

Just now, jstep13 said:

Soooo it sounds like your snake draft was a bigger challenge and you fell short. Sucks for you. 

Hahaha i'm sorry, but it terms of difficulty auction drafts are way more challenging than snakes. Snakes, you have to hope for luck. Auctions, you have to know who to nominate, how much you should pay, when to bid people up and when to bow out. That and they are extremely fun. Probably not for everyone, but if you want a more challenging/skilled version of FF, auctions are the way to go

So who lost on that KC D?

Cause I did...

Mother ******** COCK SUCKING f--- BALLS!!!

******** Kirk can't even just lie on the ball.....and wtf was that throw by crowder. Dumb 1 ppr a**.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, you couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions printed on the heel. You are a canker, an open wound. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You took your last vacation in the Islets of Langerhans. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, and a weasel. I take that back; you are a festering pustule on a weasel's rump. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. You are a technicolor yawn. And did I mention that you smell?
You are a squeaking rat, a mistake of nature and a heavy-metal bagpipe player. You were not born. You were hatched into an unwilling world that rejects the likes of you. You didn't crawl out of a normal egg either, but rather a mutant maggot egg rejected by an evil scientist as being below his low standards. Your alleged parents abandoned you at birth and then died of shame in recognition of what they had done to an unsuspecting world. They were a bit late.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

how does Yahoo charge cousins with a fumble on that last play. I thought  reed fumbled. 

Edited by HurryupO

I absolutely hate gruden not only does he go for a TD when they didn't need to score quickly, but he mismanaged the clock and leaves KC enough time to march down on his gutted defense

6 minutes ago, Fearfulways said:

Cause I did...

******** Kirk can't even just lie on the ball.....and wtf was that throw by crowder. Dumb 1 ppr a**.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, you couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions printed on the heel. You are a canker, an open wound. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You took your last vacation in the Islets of Langerhans. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, and a weasel. I take that back; you are a festering pustule on a weasel's rump. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. You are a technicolor yawn. And did I mention that you smell?
You are a squeaking rat, a mistake of nature and a heavy-metal bagpipe player. You were not born. You were hatched into an unwilling world that rejects the likes of you. You didn't crawl out of a normal egg either, but rather a mutant maggot egg rejected by an evil scientist as being below his low standards. Your alleged parents abandoned you at birth and then died of shame in recognition of what they had done to an unsuspecting world. They were a bit late.

I'm with you mate I wanted them to throw 30 yards downfield to Pryor 

10 minutes ago, Fearfulways said:

Cause I did...

Winner.

I AM F'N HEATEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THAT A FUMBLE CREDITED TO THOMPSON?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Reed picked the ball up, tossed it to an unsuspecting Thompson who never had control of the damn ball, didn't even move for that matter, and Thompson gets credited with a fumble?!? The ball literally literally touched his hand and chest before it was knocked out by KC defenders 0.2 seconds later.

That is NOT a fumble. And if it is, it should be a fumble on Jordan Reed since he was the last player to have control of the ball.

WTF kind of BS is that.....

I hope this is a stat correction that the NFL fixes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I AM F'N HEATEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THAT A FUMBLE CREDITED TO THOMPSON?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Reed picked the ball up, tossed it to an unsuspecting Thompson who never had control of the damn ball, didn't even move for that matter, and Thompson gets credited with a fumble?!? The ball literally literally touched his hand and chest before it was knocked out by KC defenders 0.2 seconds later.

That is NOT a fumble. And if it is, it should be a fumble on Jordan Reed since he was the last player to have control of the ball.

WTF kind of BS is that.....

I hope this is a stat correction that the NFL fixes.

Thompson looked like he had it and fumbled it. Sorry brah.

43 minutes ago, Fearfulways said:

Cause I did...

A little much, dude. I guarantee you Cousins gives two sh*ts about your lineup. And there's bettors who lost thousands on that beat, not to mention people who lost their lives yesterday. Get a fu**ing grip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holben said:

Lol pissed about s---y players at the 7 spot.  You could of very easily had Freeman, Jordy or Evans then Gurley or Thomas .  Quit your bitching I would take that any day over having the first pick and losing DJ.  You just drafted poorly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

A little much, dude. I guarantee you Cousins gives two sh*ts about your lineup. And there's bettors who lost thousands on that beat, not to mention people who lost their lives yesterday. Get a fu**ing grip. 

Real s---. Its just a game based on luck.