JSA2422

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

too early for this? 

 

DJ owner (reigning champ) in my keeper league has a first pick this year and Bell (after 3 years we reset) is hitting the draft.. 

 

 

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2017 at 2:31 PM, JSA2422 said:

too early for this? 

 

DJ owner (reigning champ) in my keeper league has a first pick this year and Bell (after 3 years we reset) is hitting the draft.. 

 

 

:rolleyes:

Just keep in mind that it's very possible that the reigning champ will be in here next season, complaining about Bell's lengthy suspension due to failing another drug test.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasnt sure where to leave this so I'll put it here for now. Idiotic if the league makes this move. Am I the only one who hates ties as well? Why can't they just play out the quarter like any other sport and go to multiple over times if necessary? Ties are dumb IMO.

 

The NFL's overtime period could be shortened from 15 to 10 minutes in 2017.

Playoff overtimes would remain 15 minutes, though that's irrelevant since postseason games cannot end in ties. It seems like a bad idea, one certain to increase the number of ties. The logic is supposedly that the 15-minute period is too much extra football to be played in one week, especially a short one. Marvin Lewis would be all but guaranteed of bringing home his fourth career tie in 2017 if the rule is passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elite said:

Wasnt sure where to leave this so I'll put it here for now. Idiotic if the league makes this move. Am I the only one who hates ties as well? Why can't they just play out the quarter like any other sport and go to multiple over times if necessary? Ties are dumb IMO.

 

The NFL's overtime period could be shortened from 15 to 10 minutes in 2017.

Playoff overtimes would remain 15 minutes, though that's irrelevant since postseason games cannot end in ties. It seems like a bad idea, one certain to increase the number of ties. The logic is supposedly that the 15-minute period is too much extra football to be played in one week, especially a short one. Marvin Lewis would be all but guaranteed of bringing home his fourth career tie in 2017 if the rule is passed.

I'm not all that opposed to ties, but I really wish they'd move to something resembling the college OT rule.  Eliminate the kickoff/punt returns to eliminate your extra dangerous plays.  I'd almost forbid kicking all together to end the game quicker if that's your big concern.  Hell, if you really want it to end fast, remove 1 down every additional OT.  Sure, by the 4th OT you're only getting 1 down to get 10 yards, but you're really removing the coin flip problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jbshaw said:

I'm not all that opposed to ties, but I really wish they'd move to something resembling the college OT rule.  Eliminate the kickoff/punt returns to eliminate your extra dangerous plays.  I'd almost forbid kicking all together to end the game quicker if that's your big concern.  Hell, if you really want it to end fast, remove 1 down every additional OT.  Sure, by the 4th OT you're only getting 1 down to get 10 yards, but you're really removing the coin flip problem. 

Good idea. I dont follow college football but how many games go into multiple OT's?

I can see most NFL games going 2 OT's on occasion - with an 3rd OT happening once in a blue moon. Of course thats just my hunch, maybe more so just hoping they'd get rid of the dumb tie rule lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elite said:

Good idea. I dont follow college football but how many games go into multiple OT's?

I can see most NFL games going 2 OT's on occasion - with an 3rd OT happening once in a blue moon. Of course thats just my hunch, maybe more so just hoping they'd get rid of the dumb tie rule lol

With good offenses/bad defenses, a fair bit.  Making teams go for 2 in the 3OT though seems to be what kills it quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the Jets fans?

They seem to be running up the white flag on another season already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Where are the Jets fans?

They seem to be running up the white flag on another season already.

 

They should.   That team needs to go full rebuild.  I wouldn't even bother bringing in Cutler or a vet QB.  And I'd trade Richardson and Wilkerson.  If I could I'd also move Forte and Decker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Where are the Jets fans?

They seem to be running up the white flag on another season already.

 

Rinse, repeat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Where are the Jets fans?

They seem to be running up the white flag on another season already.

 

Never understood why you would willingly be a Jets fan with the Giants in town.  Seems like self-induced torture...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure it's a game, sure it.s fun but it really sucks to lose in fantasy football.  It sucks even more to see the team(player) you hated all season or thought was completely void of fantasy knowledge win the league.

 

This year I'm winning everything!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

sure it's a game, sure it.s fun but it really sucks to lose in fantasy football.  It sucks even more to see the team(player) you hated all season or thought was completely void of fantasy knowledge win the league.

 

This year I'm winning everything!

 

 

The only thing worse than losing is losing because you went against your gut and started the fantasy analyst recommended player instead. Especially if the loss costs you money.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

The only thing worse than losing is losing because you went against your gut and started the fantasy analyst recommended player instead. Especially if the loss costs you money.

 

For me, the worst way to lose is if you co-own a team and your co-owner starts the wrong guy without you knowing.  In my first year in my main league this happened.  For some reason he took Sproles out at the last minute for some other guy and we lost.  If he left Sproles in we would have made it to the Championship and won.  Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

The only thing worse than losing is losing because you went against your gut and started the fantasy analyst recommended player instead. Especially if the loss costs you money.

Or losing by less than 1 point, by a decimal point. Those are always the worst since you have a least one guy that you could've played and you would've won.

Last year I had a lead going into MNF (SEA vs BUF) and Baldwin left to go and my opponent had Graham. 

Graham finished with 103 and 2 TDs, while Baldwin only had 89 yards... I lost 127.04 to 127.80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i hate losing out on playoff spots to worse teams. it's why i loathe divisions. more than a few times i have had a 9 or 10 win team lose a spot to a 7 or 8 win team just cause it was in a worse division. and one time i had a 10 win team lose in the playoffs to a 7 win team cause we tied and the seeding gave him the win cause he won his division. i have so many teams i know a lot aren't gonna make it and if i get kicked from the playoffs because the league has a total points for the spot, fine. i just hate when worse teams get in. just say no to divisions

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Packdog said:

i hate losing out on playoff spots to worse teams. it's why i loathe divisions. more than a few times i have had a 9 or 10 win team lose a spot to a 7 or 8 win team just cause it was in a worse division. and one time i had a 10 win team lose in the playoffs to a 7 win team cause we tied and the seeding gave him the win cause he won his division. i have so many teams i know a lot aren't gonna make it and if i get kicked from the playoffs because the league has a total points for the spot, fine. i just hate when worse teams get in. just say no to divisions

 

It works both ways though.  There may be a year where you make the playoffs over a better team because of the division you're in.  Just because you don't have a great record doesn't always mean you have a bad team, sometimes you just have terrible luck with match ups each week.  I get your frustration though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

 

It works both ways though.  There may be a year where you make the playoffs over a better team because of the division you're in.  Just because you don't have a great record doesn't always mean you have a bad team, sometimes you just have terrible luck with match ups each week.  I get your frustration though.

yeah, it happens and i take it but i would gladly live with a worse team bowing out to a better team. one year i made the playoffs being the 2nd lowest scorer in my league and even got a bye cause i won my stinky division due to a lot of luck. but the frustration of better teams losing out is worth putting the bad but lucky teams in their proper place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Packdog said:

yeah, it happens and i take it but i would gladly live with a worse team bowing out to a better team. one year i made the playoffs being the 2nd lowest scorer in my league and even got a bye cause i won my stinky division due to a lot of luck. but the frustration of better teams losing out is worth putting the bad but lucky teams in their proper place

 

I once had the second highest scoring team in a league and failed to make the playoffs.  That one sucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

I once had the second highest scoring team in a league and failed to make the playoffs.  That one sucked.

i had a top scorer miss once. it was best scorer by over 500pts if you could believe that. that one got shanked by more than just divisions. it also had like 400+ more points against it than any team. teams just went off on me but also lost out on playoffs to a division winner with same record. that one and the low scorer are certainly my biggest outliers though. doesn't happen to that extreme very often

Edited by Packdog
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...flashbacks to Week 14 of last season. Was the first round of the playoffs and most of my team had underperformed but I still only needed a handful of points for the win. Had to decide between starting Dion Lewis or Kenneth Dixon in their Monday night H2H matchup. Everything in my gut told me to go with Dixon but I listened to experts at the last minute calling for it to be Dion's big reintroduction to the offense. The rest is history...I would've cakewalked through the remaining of the matchups with how my team performed Weeks 15 and 16 too. You'd think I'd have learned by now not to trust BB or any Patriot RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

I lost a Championship because I rode the hot hand, Billy Volek, over Brett Favre. 

Dude lol ..... You'll be muttering that on your death bed. lol 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Dude lol ..... You'll be muttering that on your death bed. lol 

 

The 3 games prior to the Championship.

 

Volek

269 yards, 3 TD's

426 yards, 4 TD's 

492 yards, 4 TD's 

 

Favre

131, 0 TD's 

188,  1 TD 

367,  2 TD's 

 

Favre was playing in a done where he had struggled and Volek faced a crummy Denver secondary.  

 

It is what it is, a sad but true story. 

Edited by cousinal111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.